• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

I mean I'm not a wrestler but if you asked me whether I'd rather annhilate myself in NJPW for joy of soiling Meltzer's drawers or make fat checks traveling the country and doing foreign tours but having to wrestle Baron Corbin I know what I'd be doing.

$$$

you'd have to listen to corbin talk too though

Hasney

I mean I'm not a wrestler but if you asked me whether I'd rather annhilate myself in NJPW for joy of soiling Meltzer's drawers or make fat checks traveling the country and doing foreign tours but having to wrestle Baron Corbin I know what I'd be doing.

$$$

That's because you're not an artist.

tenor.gif

Wait, shit.

I have G1 induced jet lag, watching the Kenny vs Austin Tekken match and man, Creed destroyed Omega.

Also, I didn't know there was an Okada outfit, and the fighter even does the Rainmaker, holy shit, I need to get this game.
Yakuza 6 which has the english version releasing next year also has a NJPW collaboration.

It's got Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Kazuchika Okada, Satoshi Kojima, Tetsuya Naito and Toru Yano as characters that you can fight for the clan management minigame.

fury

Yakuza 6 which has the english version releasing next year also has a NJPW collaboration.

It's got Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Kazuchika Okada, Satoshi Kojima, Tetsuya Naito and Toru Yano as characters that you can fight for the clan management minigame.

That's amazing haha.

is there a translation for what Naito said in the ring after he won G1?

on njpw's site only the backstage comments are translated.

Thelionmarks.com translated it:

”Bueños noches, Ryogoku. For everyone here and in the world, who support LIJ... did you enjoy the G1 and puroresu more than previous years? The winner is Naito from LIJ. I want to say thank you to you guys who gave me the greatest stage. Gracias, amigos."

”I won the G1 4 years ago once, but at that time, I set myself up, so I couldn't say what I really felt. But me now, I can say what I want to say with confidence. I'm the main player of New Japan!"

”At the end, please yell as loud as you can (LIJ roll call)."

Commentary as he said it:

”Even though Naito won the G1 4 years ago, he couldn't main event the Tokyo Dome. He has changed everything since then."

Chono: ”I didn't understand what the doll was (Daryl)."

”One of Naito's dreams was to main event Tokyo Dome. But 4 years ago, his dream didn't come true. It was because of the fan vote. Is there any worse humiliation than that?"

”But the humiliation made him much stronger."

Pikma

Banned
Buenas noches, Ryogoku*

A japanese low budget game has better character models than WWE games😂😂😂

miserable

Thelionmarks.com translated it:

“Bueños noches, Ryogoku. For everyone here and in the world, who support LIJ… did you enjoy the G1 and puroresu more than previous years? The winner is Naito from LIJ. I want to say thank you to you guys who gave me the greatest stage. Gracias, amigos.”

“I won the G1 4 years ago once, but at that time, I set myself up, so I couldn’t say what I really felt. But me now, I can say what I want to say with confidence. I’m the main player of New Japan!”

“At the end, please yell as loud as you can (LIJ roll call).”

Commentary as he said it:

“Even though Naito won the G1 4 years ago, he couldn’t main event the Tokyo Dome. He has changed everything since then.”

Chono: “I didn’t understand what the doll was (Daryl).”

“One of Naito’s dreams was to main event Tokyo Dome. But 4 years ago, his dream didn’t come true. It was because of the fan vote. Is there any worse humiliation than that?”

“But the humiliation made him much stronger.”

thank you

I hope Asuka wins this weekend, says no one is ready for Asuka in nxt, drops her title and goes into the main roster undefeated. It would be much less predictable than the usual loss and call up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
from the wwe youtube video, people seemed into the Neville v Tozawa match

Spuck-uk

Banned
I have G1 induced jet lag, watching the Kenny vs Austin Tekken match and man, Creed destroyed Omega.

Also, I didn't know there was an Okada outfit, and the fighter even does the Rainmaker, holy shit, I need to get this game.

There are Bullet Club and CHAOS custom tshirts in the game as well. Tekken owns.

I hope Asuka wins this weekend, says no one is ready for Asuka in nxt, drops her title and goes into the main roster undefeated. It would be much less predictable than the usual loss and call up.

I mean I kinda want to hate that idea, because it makes the rest of the division seem useless, but they've built asuka so much that she should take the streak to the main roster. The timing also works, you could just do what they did at the CWC and just before the finals have Regal make it for the vacant NXT Women's Title

I mean I kinda want to hate that idea, because it makes the rest of the division seem useless, but they've built asuka so much that she should take the streak to the main roster. The timing also works, you could just do what they did at the CWC and just before the finals have Regal make it for the vacant NXT Women's Title
You know it should be done. Fuck shitember

That would be fantastic, now I'm going to be sad when it doesn't happen.

$$$

Even though wwe wrestlers work about 700 matches per year, it's still the retirement home of wrestling.

Catching up on Raw and is there anything more stupid than advertising Balor as "The Demon" for Summerslam? Why even force it that much that they have to advertise he will be in the paint. Wouldn't it be cooler if it was just hinted at with the promo and then it happened?

Cosmozone

Damn, I hope so, too. Chances aren't that bad, I'd say. In that recent Newsweek (kayfabe) interview she literally said she plans to if she wins.

Eagerly anticipating Tanahashi's first show with that shit ass late 2000s haircut.
Before I fall asleep, get word to Zach that WCW was not good.
Catching up on Raw and is there anything more stupid than advertising Balor as "The Demon" for Summerslam? Why even force it that much that they have to advertise he will be in the paint. Wouldn't it be cooler if it was just hinted at with the promo and then it happened?
is there anything more stupid than advertising Balor as "The Demon" for Summerslam?
Catching up on Raw

Demon King would be cooler without the headdress, instead he looks like an industrial goth raver

Demon King loses all value when it happens all the time without any real story build

Sonic Mania is an actual good game

Egg0

Banned
Demon King can keep the dumb headdress, he desperately needs a different move set to differentiate from Finn Balor.

Top Bottom