• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Hasney

Yep, that is the problem.
Even if there were some nanigans up in there.

I mean how can Ember Moon even pretend to be proud of pinning her if Asuka is just called up tomorrow or Monday.
It will always have the stink of "you only won because she was leaving" so put on your little contacts, and put on your big smile and snarl and prance around, but you just got the hand me down participation trophy.

Better to let her take it and drop it

Because it's a TV show and they are acting. Asuka changed the television show she was working on, but that doesn't affect NXT as a TV program, so she can act like she's impressive and the performance will either work or not work.

How can anyone be "proud" they got booked to win?

Hex

Banned
That argument completely ignores the fact that Ember was earmarked as the one who was going to beat Asuka from basically the moment they signed and debuted her.

She's not just in the right place at the right time. She was always the choice.

Oh I know, she was essentially built for it but ..and this is just my opinion....she did not live up to her promise.
She did not live up to the hype or the effort. She is like NXT's Gangrel except Gangrel was good on the mic and great in the ring but could not lose the weight that they wanted.
So a character who was supposed to be something big, who they went out and even licensed the term Gangrel from White Wolf Studios, ended up being wasted and jobbed out once the brood was established.
Ember is talented, I am not taking that away but she does not stand out from the pack to me. Plans should change and an audible should be called. For the good of the belt and both Athletes .
It won't, but it should.

Hex

Banned
Because it's a TV show and they are acting. Asuka changed the television show she was working on, but that doesn't affect NXT as a TV program, so she can act like she's impressive and the performance will either work or not work.

How can anyone be "proud" they got booked to win?

Well I would like to think that it is something you still earn if you are not Roman or a Flair.
Yes it is booked, but it is your job to stand out and get yourself noticed.

Hasney

Oh I know, she was essentially built for it but ..and this is just my opinion....she did not live up to her promise.
She did not live up to the hype or the effort. She is like NXT's Gangrel except Gangrel was good on the mic and great in the ring but could not lose the weight that they wanted.
So a character who was supposed to be something big, who they went out and even licensed the term Gangrel from White Wolf Studios, ended up being wasted and jobbed out once the brood was established.
Ember is talented, I am not taking that away but she does not stand out from the pack to me. Plans should change and an audible should be called. For the good of the belt and both Athletes .
It won't, but it should.

Gangrel wasn't good on the mic and neither was Edge at that point. The one time they let them speak, it almost killed them.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25zh24

EDIT: Edge wasn't as horrible as I remember... Considering what he's working with.

It won't, but it should.

She's over though. Really over. So regardless of her faults on the mic, which she does have, it's working. And she's great in the ring and works well with pretty much everyone she works with.

This myth that Ember is a big failure is overplayed IMO. She has deficiencies, but overall she's a great talent and the crowd loves her.

Hex

Banned
She's over though. Really over. So regardless of her faults on the mic, which she does have, it's working. And she's great in the ring and works well with pretty much everyone she works with.

This myth that Ember is a big failure is overplayed IMO. She has deficiencies, but overall she's a great talent and the crowd loves her.

You could be right, it just feels rushed to me.
But with the injury what could you do.
The last I really saw her was the face to face at the contract signing which she came off really rough on the mic.
That being said, they made their bed with Asuka now they have to deal with it

Lowkey: I want Ember to win.

As I said in the Takeover thread, their match in Orlando was fantastic and I have been loving their feud.

Don't get me wrong, if Asuka wins and just fucks off after and says, 'I have nothing left to prove in NXT' and fucks up the main roster beginning tomorrow night, I have no problem with that.

But Ember Moon feels like she's been the chosen one ever since she debuted. Hell, the signs were there after Bayley lost to Asuka last year. And you know what? I'm okay with it. More than okay. I'm fine with it. Either that or Nikki Cross, but the latter came and gone.

So I'm good with either Asuka winning and then fucking off or Ember winning here. Either way, I'm hoping - and expecting for - a fantastic match tonight at Takeover on par with Orlando.

Pikma

Banned
Ember should be called up to face the hell that main roster is, imagine Her and Nia Jax cutting promos against each other

Meanwhile Asuka should stay and start earning main roster $$$

Et voilà, everybody wins!

Foggy

Ember should be called up to face the hell that main roster is, imagine Her and Nia Jax cutting promos against each other

Main roster money to draw Central Floridians?

Mark.

DMczaf

8iCas2A.gif

Hex

Banned
I will be honest I am surprised they have not tied the Ember Moon horse shit in with the eclipse in a couple of days.
I have been expecting it.

You did a good job on the Takeover thread, go for it. I don't think anyone here cares.

Well, if that's all good, then I'll either stick it up after Takeover (UK time) or put it up tomorrow afternoon (UK time).

Is someone making a SummerSlam OT? Because if so...

SummerSlam 2017 |OT| We Will Heel

And we already have a winner.

Welp, WWE got me to resubscribe for a month. Between NXT TakeOver, SummerSlam, and the MYC, I can't say no.

Same, but primarily for the MYC. I can't believe a Takeover is not the main reason I would sub for once.

Menome

Providing my streaming option works, I'm going to try and stay up for NXT tonight.

Which means I'll probably just fall asleep after the first match.

Ember will get over on the main roster for the same reasons she has gotten over in NXT. Bad promos get over all the time on the main roster. The problem with Nia is that she has absolutely zero redeeming qualities. That's why she's not over. Anyone who is pushed heavily and has enough of either mic or in-ring skill will get over.

I still dont know how Drew Mcintrye managed to trick people into thinking he's anything but shit

I've liked pretty much every NXT match he's had since he's been back (with the exception of his match with Dain). So consider me tricked, I guess.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Just because her family is there doesn’t mean she’ll win. They may be there to see her debut on Raw 🤔. IIRC, Roddy’s wife showed up at his title mach vs Roode and Roode retained.

Foggy

I was planning on watching Last Crusade

The more I watch that, the more I like it.

Also watched Shot Caller last night which was really good even if they flubbed the ending a bit. It's a grim movie made grimmer considering all the neo Nazi shit happening lately, but it was a good one.

Top Bottom