• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Toki767

There never was an India tour. Someone just made that up.

They are touring Asia though and there are a lot of empty dates in between September.

So I don't know that I would throw out the possibility of at least doing an event in India while they're already in Asia/Australia in September. Could just be some issue with securing a venue too. Who knows.

That's the million dollar question. If it's only 4 or 5 then they'll just fold them into the existing NXT women's division I'm sure. Any more and they need a dedicated showcase, hopefully with better booking than the CWs.

LOL she does but that's the damn problem!

Triple H talked about having a women's division on the UK show whenever they start it, so I imagine some of the women will go there.

Foggy

"Listen Corey can you say that I masterminded this whole thing"

"And now we're joined by HHH who masterminded this amazing tournament"

"Haha Corey, you know we have a great team of people who made this happen, I'm just a small part..."

How strong is WWE's thirst for Toni Storm?

Rachel Evers? Why not let her use the more recognizable Ellering? I mean they immediately called out their relationship.
Tribute to her trainer Lance Storm and as already mentioned she had a falling out with her father because of her deciding to get into wrestling though I think they're on good terms now.
Lacey Evans aka My daughter wore a blackface for halloween

Wasn't her daughter dressed as some cartoon animal thing?

EDIT: Yeah, this character. http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/wiki/Clawdeen_Wolf

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's definitely a two way street. She's been vocal for a while that she wanted to be in WWE.

But they have every reason to want her. She's a top level superstar waiting to happen.

there are no top level superstars waiting to happen in the wwe

There is Roman Reigns.

There is Brock whenever he feels like wrestling. And there is Braun, which props on them since that one was their making.

We keep saying "that guy is going to be a star"

No he isnt. He will be a midcarder that people like.

AJ was going to be a star, Joe, Finn Balor, Nakamura... Asuka will be the same. Aleister Black will be the same. Etc Etc.

Yes im salty over Summerslam.

Raw64life

So from what I can gather, Cena and Orton buried two young up and comers?

In 2017?

To be fair Corbin mostly buried himself, although Cena is never one to pass up a good burial.

Orton was just picking up the scraps. Cena already buried Rusev hard twice in the last 3 years.

there are no top level superstars waiting to happen in the wwe

There is Roman Reigns.

There is Brock whenever he feels like wrestling. And there is Braun, which props on them since that one was their making.

We keep saying "that guy is going to be a star"

No he isnt. He will be a midcarder that people like.

AJ was going to be a star, Joe, Finn Balor, Nakamura... Asuka will be the same. Aleister Black will be the same. Etc Etc.

Yes im salty over Summerslam.

Finn got a star reaction tonight. AJ gets star reactions pretty much every week. Both of those guys move merch. They aren't booked perfectly, or even well in some cases, but they are superstars by modern WWE standards, which are admittedly low.

But even then, I was referencing Toni's potential. Not how things will go.

It's definitely a two way street. She's been vocal for a while that she wanted to be in WWE.

But they have every reason to want her. She's a top level superstar waiting to happen.

Oh I know she has but it felt more apparent on this compared to the other women they profiled. Toni should be money.

I'm gonna use tonight as an excuse to post Toni Storm gifs (also featuring MYC competitor Kay Lee Ray)

XauStPh.gif

owWCRAU.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finn got a star reaction tonight. AJ gets star reactions pretty much every week. Both of those guys move merch. They aren't booked perfectly, or even well in some cases, but they are superstars by modern WWE standards, which are admittedly low.

But even then, I was referencing Toni's potential. Not how things will go.

we clearly have different definitions of what a star is.

That bracketology killed most of my interest in the tournament. None of them seemed appealing in the slightest. Every interview seemed forced and awkward.

Rhaknar

Again, it's by modern WWE standards. A low bar, but they've cleared it in spite of expectations.

No one is claiming they are Austin or even Cena-level.

no, Roman is. the WWE standard is the same as its always been.

The star is involved in the top title most often than not. Thats what a star is in the wwe.

If Rocky wasnt fighting for the world title most of the time, he would just be a midcard guy.

Did Rock ever went "back down" to the IC title after being in world title feuds? Did Austin?

Like I know Austin won the tag titles with Hunter but that was more of a storyline thing.

Top Bottom