• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

There is at least a strong possibility Corbin ruined his own career because he just had to be a dick on Twitter of all places

And it's, at best, the 5th funniest thing of the night

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is the part of the thread where we predict how the Singh Brothers will interfere in the inevitable Nakamura/Jinder HIAC rematch.

I dont think there will be a rematch. I think there would be if Nak had won, but not now.

Thats not even me being "woe is me everything in the WWE is shit", I just think they will move on to something else.

Then again... what other faces are there on SD? AJ is the US champ and Cena is off to be best buds with Bumblebee so...

Nakamura ain't making it to HIAC to face The God. Since there's a Shakeup happening within the next few weeks (shit might even be this week) I can actually see Balor coming to SDL and challenge Mahal.

There's conflicting info on whether that shakeup is real or just a fake rumor.

I dont think there will be a rematch. I think there would be if Nak had won, but not now.

Thats not even me being "woe is me everything in the WWE is shit", I just think they will move on to something else.

Then again... what other faces are there on SD? AJ is the US champ and Cena is off to be best buds with Bumblebee so...

Yeah, there's really no one else. Unless the go back to Orton again. No other top faces are built and Nakamura has a built in reasoning for both a rematch and a HIAC match.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ah yeah I guess thats one way to get a new face on SD. That or a call up, but Roode sure as hell isnt coming up as a face (well, not technically, even if he will be over as shit if only for the theme)

Yeah, there's really no one else. Unless the go back to Orton again. No other top faces are built and Nakamura has a built in reasoning for both a rematch and a HIAC match.

I honestly forgot Orton is a face.

Well, I forgot Orton was there really... and I kinda like the guy lol.

Mahonay

Banned

tenor.gif

The WWE Championship is about to get HYPE

There is at least a strong possibility Corbin ruined his own career because he just had to be a dick on Twitter of all places

And it's, at best, the 5th funniest thing of the night

From what I understand, the Twitter stuff was less the main reason and more the straw that broke it. He had heat for other various reasons too. He's just not popular backstage.

Jinder and Shinsuke practiced that exact match on the house circuit for months , right down to the endless rest holds and the eventual Kalass. Except I believe in their house show matches Jinder actually pinned Nakamura without the Singh Bros interfering. Had that happened at SummerSlam I would've grabbed my popcorn

Really, if they want to get Nakamura his heat back, he should just actually murder the Singh Bros on Tuesday for costing him the match. I'm talking just annihilation and stretcher jobs and the whole shebang.

Egg0

Banned
From what I understand, the Twitter stuff was less the main reason and more the straw that broke it. He had heat for other various reasons too. He's just not popular backstage.

I can't imagine what he's doing to get so much heat backstage. Considering it's full of video gaming nerds.

Rhaknar

Jinder and Shinsuke practiced that exact match on the house circuit for months , right down to the endless rest holds and the eventual Kalass. Except I believe in their house show matches Jinder actually pinned Nakamura without the Singh Bros interfering. Had that happened at SummerSlam I would've grabbed my popcorn

months? feud is like 3 weeks old.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply it was the only reason or even the biggest, but it was the most public and embarrassing one, and at the worst possible time

They have to stop harping on this Brand stuff, some people just do not benefit at all from trying to act like they're not assholes on social media, and it's going to keep backfiring

They can't all be Luke Harper

I need to know why Sasha is champion now of all time with no build lol.

Only things I can think

1. They want to build to her turning heel, and her "stealing" the opportunity from Bayley helps that.

2. They want to extend the Sasha/Alexa program, but didn't want to do another fuck finish after last month.

3. They want to bring Asuka up as a heel and have a strong babyface to challenge.

The endless rest holds are a Jinder staple

Rhaknar

I just realised I get the most angry at wwe during Takeover weekends. Probably because the difference is so big between the 2 products in the same company.

It usually doesnt really bother me during the off months, not this much certainly. And I dont do wwe / njpw comparisons anyway.

3. They want to bring Asuka up as a heel and have a strong babyface to challenge.

that someone in the back can even entertain the idea that they can bring Asuka as a heel is hilarious.

That can said for 75 percent of all current WWE feuds.

"Why?"

I didn't just make the "Mania 32 But One Hour Shorter" comparison for no reason earlier

There were genuinely maybe 2 results all show where "Why?" wasn't applicable, and even then I still think one of the finishes was fucking stupid (Owens/Styles) and could have deserved a "Why?" by itself

cordy

Banned
Maybe they wanted to do a double-turn soon given Alexa's getting more popular and Sasha's being booed. If they do a turn then you can have Sasha as the champion until Bayley gets back or, more than likely, Asuka gets called up.

Mahonay

Banned
Man. Some people in the SummerSlam OT genuinely think that was a good "Big Four" PPV.

WWE really has successfully lowered expectations for the average fan.

Waiting to see who gets called up this week is like the beginning of The Hunger Games.

Most of you will die. One of you might make it out alive by sheer luck.

Only things I can think

1. They want to build to her turning heel, and her "stealing" the opportunity from Bayley helps that.

2. They want to extend the Sasha/Alexa program, but didn't want to do another fuck finish after last month.

Asuka is impossible as a heel. The crowd will turn Sasha.

Man I'd be sad as a Bliss mark but she's basically lost all her mic time after This is Your Life even though that wasn't her fault.

But still kinda bummed Bliss' run is over just like that.

Rhaknar

so November for Takeover means still no Ciampa for Johnny.

Adam Cole v Drew Mcintyre
notreDRagon v Sanity

with the ROH cats probably winning all both belts.

wonder what else. Roode wil be long gone most likely by then so no Roddy v Roode. Do we know if they have anyone else signed coming up? I guess some MYC ladies maybe?

Pikma

Banned
I for one cannot wait for Asuka to get called up with the streak intact just so vince can sent it down the shitter on a late minute booking decision change at a random C- PPV show

Maybe they wanted to do a double-turn soon given Alexa's getting more popular and Sasha's being booed. If they do a turn then you can have Sasha as the champion until Bayley gets back or, more than likely, Asuka gets called up.

Bayley's not going to stop being booed unless she's gone the rest of the year. This being a multi-time thing just this month means the best thing for her will be keeping her the fuck away from TV

So I expect them to do semi-weekly updates on her health like they did with Reigns

Top Bottom