• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

we clearly have different definitions of what a star is.

AJ is a star, end of discussion. Not all stars in WWE were in the title hunt 24/7. Rock had a program with Hurricane, Cena had his open challenge, etc. AJ held the world title for months, and now he's in the midcard. It doesn't mean that's where he's staying permanently.

Pikma

Banned
WWE doesn't have any stars left because that's actually not what they want, they want their brand to be the one and only star on the show, so they have talent that helps them promote their brand but that's it.

no, Roman is. the WWE standard is the same as its always been.

The star is involved in the top title most often than not. Thats what a star is in the wwe.

If Rocky wasnt fighting for the world title most of the time, he would just be a midcard guy.

Did Rock ever went "back down" to the IC title after being in world title feuds? Did Austin?

Like I know Austin won the tag titles with Hunter but that was more of a storyline thing.

Uh, Roman was in a US Title feud less than a year ago.

WWE doesn't have any stars left because that's actually not what they want, they want their brand to be the one and only star on the show, so they have talent that helps them promote their brand but that's it.

Its like the opposite of what a promotion is supposed to be. Especially given wrestlers are still independant contractors.

Big Meltz about to be on the LAW.

Hex

Banned
Look at the other pic though. It looks like she is just a black girl werewolf.

Yeah I googled the Monster High stuff...(not the weirdest thing on my history) and that character is definitely supposed to be black.
They actually released a make up tutorial (If you needed ideas Zach) on their youtube that definitely does not have that part of the costume..

we clearly have different definitions of what a star is.
lZ5QUq6.jpg

/sw

Mahonay

Banned
They need women who can wrestle and talk. They have some who can do one or the other but only Charlotte can do both so far.
Yeah because Charlotte walked into WWE and was immediately good on the mic.

Spoiler:
she wasn't

Did you watch CWC? It was fucking amazing. Then WWE took who they liked and dumped into the garbage pile that is 205 Live.

I expect the Mae Young Classic to be great. I do not expect them make good use of the women afterwards.

They have stars. The problem is that they live in NXT and then die as soon as they come up.

Hex

Banned

Spoiler:
she wasn't

Did you watch CWC? It was fucking amazing. Then WWE took who they liked and dumped into the garbage pile that is 205 Live.

I expect the Mae Young Classic to be great. I do not expect them make good use of the women afterwards.

She still isn't

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The LAW guys were saying that Roode is going to feud with AJ? I only caught the end of the discussion.

Beefy

Yeah I googled the Monster High stuff...(not the weirdest thing on my history) and that character is definitely supposed to be black.
They actually released a make up tutorial (If you needed ideas Zach) on their youtube that definitely does not have that part of the costume..

Kinda says something that she hasn't deleted it yet. That shit will come back it haunt her.

Spoiler:
she wasn't

I loved the CWC, but the bracketology made it a lot more enticing than this one did. They had compelling stories and personalities.

Pikma

Banned
Also love the fact Vince is so fucking desperate for ratings that he doesn't do debuts on PPV anymore in hopes of making people tune in to watch his weekly shitshows

I dunno dude. This felt almost identical in format. Maybe not quite as in depth but whatever.
I'll still watch for sure. Right now, though, only Kay Lee Ray and the Japanese girl interest me and the latter is only based on hype about her being on Asuka's level.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Also love the fact Vince is so fucking desperate for ratings that he doesn't do debuts on PPV anymore in hopes of making people tune in to watch his weekly shitshows

I thought ratings didnt matter anymore >_>

Rhaknar

i keep getting the alvarez/meltzer show confused with the law.

whats the alvarez/dave show called and when does it air? thats the one I like.

Anth0ny

so they can do a shield reunion at survivor series

then at the rumble, an even bigger reunion:

DHt5v_6XcAIyoIW.jpg

THE BIGGEST 6 MAN OF ALL TIME AT WRAUSSLEMANIA

i keep getting the alvarez/meltzer show confused with the law.

whats the alvarez/dave show called and when does it air? thats the one I like.

It doesn't "air" per se. It's a podcast. It's included in the Observer online subscription. It's usually posted about 4 AM EST. They do shows after Takeovers, PPVs, Raw, and Wednesday nights/Thursday mornings after the Observer releases.

cordy

Banned
Nakamura ain't making it to HIAC to face The God. Since there's a Shakeup happening within the next few weeks (shit might even be this week) I can actually see Balor coming to SDL and challenge Mahal.

Top Bottom