• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

dream

His matches still suck and his promo is the same one every week.

I don't think he's the future of the company and I don't think wwf is going to make much money off him.

Has he moved the needle on network numbers in canada?

But he's getting better, and his entrance is the most big-time walkout in the entire company. He draws incredible heat (listen to the crowds when he raises his belt), and the guy is getting a level of mainstream pub that we haven't seen in a decade or two. He's articulate, he's a hard worker, and it's really interesting how all the ancillary videos produced by WWE basically cast him as a pure babyface. His in-ring work is just incidental at this point.

I think sometimes these things are more important than being able to put on Cleaner Classics.

UberTag

Jinder gonna drop the title to Cena at next year Rumble and at Mania he will already be on the pre-show
I hope Mojo Rawley tosses him out in the ARMBAR again. It'll be the new annual Wrestlemania tradition. Like the Undertaker's streak.

dream

>responding to dream gimmick posting
Come on, son.

Don't be a jerk, OwensIsNow. I'm trying to have a conversation about the World Champion in a thread about pro wrestling.

I'm going to start reporting people who accuse me of "gimmick posting" to the mods starting now.

I thought we were friends, Blackaroni.
GUvyj90.png

kiguel182

But he's getting better, and his entrance is the most big-time walkout in the entire company. He draws incredible heat (listen to the crowds when he raises his belt), and the guy is getting a level of mainstream pub that we haven't seen in a decade or two. He's articulate, he's a hard worker, and it's really interesting how all the ancillary videos produced by WWE basically cast him as a pure babyface. His in-ring work is just incidental at this point.

I think sometimes these things are more important than being able to put on Cleaner Classics.

But he is a boring wrestler and I watch wrestling to see well, wrestling. How big he is has no value for me as a consumer.

I guarantee you Mahal is back to low/midcard within two years before getting the axe.

The funny thing is Jinder exposes so many guys as being short or flabby. Dude is jacked and somewhat tall. Jinder's jobber match with finn really showed the height and mass difference. AJ has this problem sometimes where he comes off as being short but at least he is in the best possible shape for an older guy. Half the roster including NXT is out of shape or just in cardio shape.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
You could put the belt on anyone who's not American, have them cut promos in a non-english language for weeks, and they'd get the exact same reaction Jinder is getting.

The traditional dancers that have occasionally performed as part of his promos are a much needed injection of culture to the show. They even get cheered despite him being a baddie.

Compare that to the double decker buses, black cabs and telephone booths they roll out for shows in England. Or the throwaway lines about Irish folklore from commentary that get lost during Balor matches. It shows Jinder really cares about authenticity, like he mentioned in the article.

Pikma

Banned
So why did they announce Lio Rush's signing via website instead of him just showing up at the NXT Tapings? Is he really going to 205?😂

New Japan cards look stacked for over the next month

Destruction in Fukushima 9/10
NEVER Openweight title: Minoru Suzuki vs. Michael Elgin
NEVER Openweight Six Man titles: EVIL, SANADA and BUSHI vs. Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano and Rocky Romero
Tomohiro Ishii/Will Ospreay vs. Tetsuya Naito/Hiromu Takahashi
Juice Robinson/David Finlay vs. Kenny Omega/Bad Luck Fale
IWGP tag team titles: War Machine vs. Guerillas of Destiny vs. Killer Elite Squad
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, KUSHIDA, Ryusuke Taguchi and Ricochet vs. Takashi Iizuka, Taka Michinoku, El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Taichi
Beretta/Jado vs. Yujiro Takahashi/Chase Owens
Tomoyuki Oka/Katsuya Kitamura vs. Hirooki Goto/YOSHI-HASHI
Yuji Nagata/Hirai Kawato vs. Manabu Nakanishi/Shota Umino

Destruction in Hiroshima 9/16
IWGP Intercontinental title: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title: KUSHIDA vs. El Desperado
Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano, Will Ospreay and Gedo vs. Tetsuya Naito, EVIL, SANADA, BUSHI and Hiromu Takahashi
Juice Robinson/David Finlay vs. Kenny Omega/Bad Luck Fale
IWGP tag team titles: War Machine vs. Guerillas of Destiny vs Killer Elite Squad
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight tag team titles: Ricochet/Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru/Taichi
Kota Ibushi, Michael Elgin and Togi Makabe vs. Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka and Taka Michinoku
RPG Vice final match vs. Yujiro Takahashi/Chase Owens
Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Jushin Thunder Liger and Tiger Mask vs. Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI and Jado

Destruction in Kobe 9/24
IWGP United States title: Kenny Omega vs. Juice Robinson
Kazuchika Okada/Will Ospreay vs. EVIL/Hiromu Takahashi
Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano and Rocky Romero vs. Tetsuya Naito, SANADA and BUSHI
IWGP tag team titles: War Machine vs. Guerillas of Destiny vs Killer Elite Squad
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi and Ricochet vs. Takashi Iizuka, Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Taichi
Hirooki Goto, Beretta and YOSHI-HASHI vs. Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens
Togi Makabe/David Finlay vs. Michael Elgin/Katsuya Kitamura
Jushin Thunder Liger/Tiger Mask vs. Taka Michinoku/El Desperado
Hiroyoshi Tenzan/Hirai Kawato vs. Tomoyuki Oka/Shota Umino

King of Pro Wrestling 10/9
IWGP Heavyweight title: Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL
Tokyo Dome match briefcase: Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii
image.php

Fuck I'm so excited.

kiguel182

Those NJPW shows seem to have some awesome matches but I might still skip the tag team stuff. Not because it's bad but because those shows are too long.

Top Bottom