• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Zach

Who knew I'd find Sheryl Crow's music so unappealing? The good news is that reading about her brought Cop Rock to my attention:

Cop Rock combined the police procedural with musical theatre, the former a genre in which Bochco had already been very successful with Hill Street Blues. The series centered on the LAPD and featured an ensemble cast that mixed musical numbers and choreography throughout storylines. For example, one courtroom scene in the pilot episode had the jury break into song, proclaiming their verdict on the defendant ("He's Guilty") Gospel-style. Another episode had a lineup of Hispanic suspects proclaim in song "We're the local color with the coppertone skin / And you treat us like we're guilty of some terrible sin."

giphy.gif

cordy

Banned
Don't be surprised that these dudes don't know what Hamilton is. Yall know they ain't got their ear to the streets.
He gets paid much more to do much less.

He's actively recruiting other people to WWE.

He's happy where he is.

Yep. Nakamura's getting paid more, getting more eyes on him and he's doing less which is great for his health.

You ask him if he prefers this compared to some 5 star New Japan match where his body's fucked up but Timmy McEvil, someone who couldn't wrestle in the indies, loves, he'd easily pick this.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
The MYC bracketology is pretty good. Having read the spoilers, it is kind of like watching the tournament in reverse which is weird. Some quick takeaways:

-The piece on Lacey Evans is great and I don't know how anyone could not root for her after listening to her story. I don't really get the pin-up gimmick she's got, but I hope she manages to put the pieces together and become successful.

-Dakota Kai (aka THE BIG DAWG), I had somehow forgotten or not know that she's half Samoan. They just need to make up some bullshit about her being related to the Rock and push her to the moon.

-Toni Storm is perfectly made for WWE. I don't know what her contract status is, I know she's working the 5*GP for Stardom right now. I have to imagine WWE would snatch her up immediately.

I'm catchup on Summer Slam now but th crowd has seemed pretty silent and dead outside of the Nakamura entrance. Was the audience that badly mixed or was it really that silent?

cordy

Banned
That Trump picture is the whole reason why Shane sweats when he's on cam. He knows the moment people remember it, it's on.

somedevil

So Hamilton is a play that no one expect rich people can get tickets to. Yeah, I am good not knowing or caring what this is.

He also wrote the soundtrack for the animated film Moana which had the rock in it.

You can join with Brian Mann who doesn't know anything sports related.

UberTag

Enzo challenged Cass to a Brooklyn Street Fight tonight, per WWE twitter
I look forward to the audience not giving a rat's ass about tonight's 10-minute pre-match promo after chanting along with his catchphrases.
The match itself will probably last 2 minutes.

Toki767

I'm catchup on Summer Slam now but th crowd has seemed pretty silent and dead outside of the Nakamura entrance. Was the audience that badly mixed or was it really that silent?

They saw Jinder.

And well...that match.

And well...that finish.

How Vince McMahon thought anything about that match would've possibly garnered heat on Jinder is mind boggling.

I just saw that Enzo has even more heat backstage and brass are noticing his lack of connection with the crowd last night?! LOL

People on Reddit blaming it on booking but come the hell on, Enzo hasn't improved one iota since being called up

They saw Jinder.

And well...that match.

And well...that finish.

How Vince McMahon thought anything about that match would've possibly garnered heat on Jinder is mind boggling.

Even before that match the entire place just seemed silent

Top Bottom