• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Sephzilla

He a ic champ a belt that means nothing. Why would Cena treat him seriously when no one else does.

If you aren't going to treat a champion seriously then what's even the point of having championships.

But my point ultimately stays the same - Cena smirking his way through someone (and the fans) basically blowing him up is some sub-Hogan/sub-HHH level shit. Shit like this also contributes to the belts feeling pointless.

It the Miz , it isn't important.

Hes the IC champ and one of the better character workers they have.

People cant complain about WWE being pointless bullshit that does nothing to engage the audience seriously then handwave people no selling promos and not taking opponents seriously. It also contributes to the belt seeming pointless in this context.

Zach

How is ...Baby One More Time by Britney Spears on this list? What is going on?

Haha, there's a song called "E-Mail My Heart." Aaaahahaha.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nakamura vs Jinder again tonight?

incoming random title change for no reason so everyone goes "why the fuck didnt they do it at SS then?"

jmdajr

74aedff6_o.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hogan and Bischoff doing that to James Storm is what led to the GOODNIGHT HULKAMANIACS tweet.

I mean, Metzer just said Tozawa winning the CW title last week before SS wasnt planned, but Vince randomly decided to do it that day.

Thats why Neville won it back, becasue he was never supposed to lose it.

...lol >_<

Draxal

Think the last couple of months have completely scared off Omega from the WWE, not that I think he was too interested in the first place.

was browsing the page half asleep earlier, something happened to Asuka? Injury?

This is how the streak ends? with a fucking injury? :/

Broken collarbone, out 4 - 8 weeks.

Most likely they'll fudge it so she doesn't have to defend her title until Takeover: Houston.

Think the last couple of months have completely scared off Omega from the WWE, not that I think he was too interested in the first place.

Considering his best friends are making way more money on the Indies than they ever would in WWE, I would say that's an understatement. New Japan gives Kenny the creative freedom to be himself.

Look, I get the appeal of working for WWE, it's a (relatively) lighter schedule, its the most exposure, and the big big stars get paid way more than they would otherwise, but still, it's a huge gamble for your career. AJ Styles made it work because he was probably the biggest non-WWE name to ever not work there so he was going to be huge otherwise, and he had 15 years of exposure in TNA/NJPW. For Kenny it's a little bit different.

Fox318

Once he can't make any more money or bump as much as he does in NJPW and indies he will go and collect a paycheck to job.

WWE should be seen as the retirement move for workers below 6'4".

Kurita

He a ic champ a belt that means nothing. Why would Cena treat him seriously when no one else does.
This is stupid as hell. How is anything supposed to feel important again? It just ends up being a vicious circle if we keep saying "But it's no important so whatever he can bury it even more..."
Gotta start rebuilding from somewhere.

Draxal

Once he can't make any more money or bump as much as he does in NJPW and indies he will go and collect a paycheck to job.

WWE should be seen as the retirement move for workers below 6'4".

He's fluent in Japanese, he'll get a front office job for NJPW when it comes to that point.

Draxal

Considering his best friends are making way more money on the Indies than they ever would in WWE, I would say that's an understatement. New Japan gives Kenny the creative freedom to be himself.

Look, I get the appeal of working for WWE, it's a (relatively) lighter schedule, its the most exposure, and the big big stars get paid way more than they would otherwise, but still, it's a huge gamble for your career. AJ Styles made it work because he was probably the biggest non-WWE name to ever not work there so he was going to be huge otherwise, and he had 15 years of exposure in TNA/NJPW. For Kenny it's a little bit different.

I think language barrier is a huge issue for wrestlers in Japan, obviously not for Kenny. So other then people like Trent Barreta and Juice, who obviously got screwed by the WWE, and the Bucks I think he's never coming.

jmdajr

I can't believe how good DBZ fighters looks. Like seriously. How is this real?

I haven't pre-ordered anything in YEARS, but this deserves my money. And I probbaly won't even be good at it.

Sephzilla

Yeah I kind of think that Omega might never jump to WWE, and if he does it wont be for another 4 or 5 years. He makes plenty of money now and has more creative freedom than he'll ever get in WWE. Only way he jumps sooner is if Vince croaks.

Beefy

Yeah I kind of think that Omega might never jump to WWE, and if he does it wont be for another 4 or 5 years. He makes plenty of money now and has more creative freedom than he'll ever get in WWE. Only way he jumps sooner is if Vince croaks.

Half a moon is quiet today.. Maybe he is killing vince...

klonere

Banned
All western wrestlers with any name value (and those without, probably) will end up in the WWE. It's like a black hole, one that will collapse into itself and destroy all of wrestling.

Yeah Cena's big smile at everything that happens in a promo to him bothers me. He basically turned his interactions with Roman and Miz into a near comedy act by just smiling widely and hopping around to everything they said. It's why I worry for what this Joe feud can bring because it's probably going to be Joe making legit points and Cena just laughs and says something like 'oh the crowd really doesn't like me and I don't like you, shoot shoot shoot comment'.

Sephzilla

I haven't pre-ordered anything in YEARS, but this deserves my money. And I probbaly won't even be good at it.

Yeah I'm going to day one the fuck out of that game. It looks so goddamn good.

Probably gonna rep my main man Piccolo

I think language barrier is a huge issue for wrestlers in Japan, obviously not for Kenny. So other then people like Trent Barreta and Juice, who obviously got screwed by the WWE, and the Bucks I think he's never coming.

Well it's also he gets to be the big fish in a small pond. New Japan has become must-watch wrestling for fans around the world, arguably moreso than WWE. I know it's the product I follow the most, and it's giving the highest quality matches. Not to mention when Kenny is able to literally break Dave Meltzer's ratings scale, damn.

Destruction in Kobe 9/24
IWGP United States title: Kenny Omega vs. Juice Robinson
Kazuchika Okada/Will Ospreay vs. EVIL/Hiromu Takahashi
Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano and Rocky Romero vs. Tetsuya Naito, SANADA and BUSHI
IWGP tag team titles: War Machine vs. Guerillas of Destiny vs Killer Elite Squad
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi and Ricochet vs. Takashi Iizuka, Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Taichi
Hirooki Goto, Beretta and YOSHI-HASHI vs. Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens
Togi Makabe/David Finlay vs. Michael Elgin/Katsuya Kitamura
Jushin Thunder Liger/Tiger Mask vs. Taka Michinoku/El Desperado
Hiroyoshi Tenzan/Hirai Kawato vs. Tomoyuki Oka/Shota Umino

For those who were wondering where KUSHIDA and Minoru Suzuki were on the card, the answer was they weren't. Now we know why: they're going to ROH for a Vegas show next month

Minoru Suzuki is finally gonna wrestle in the US

Beefy

People seem to forget with Brock all but gone and Cena being less and less active. WWE will have a fuck load of cash to throw about.

I can see Kenny going to WWE. I mean, eventually all the shit he goes through in a match has gotta catch up to him so he might go to WWE where he doesn't need to do several dangerous spots per match.

Heroman

Banned
This is stupid as hell. How is anything supposed to feel important again? It just ends up being a vicious circle if we keep saying "But it's no important so whatever he can bury it even more..."
Gotta start rebuilding from somewhere.
They been doing the same things for expecting them to do anything different is on is crazy.

Raw64life

I'd be smiling during the Miz promo too if I knew how the main event was gonna end. If Cena pins you with a single AA it means you don't matter.

I got to play it at E3. It's really fucking good.

Buying a fighting game day one is never a good idea these days, but I'm still tempted. I'm glad they haven't said anything about DLC characters yet but I feel like that's a matter of when and not if. It's encouraging that the pre-order bonus characters say "early unlock", implying that they can be unlocked normally in the game.

Sephzilla

People seem to forget with Brock all but gone and Cena being less and less active. WWE will have a fuck load of cash to throw about.

All that cash is going to go towards bringing Brock back. Or talking someone like Austin or HBK into doing one more match

Beefy

All that cash is going to go towards bringing Brock back. Or talking someone like Austin or HBK into doing one more match

Doubt it. I think Brock will be done after he loses to Roman, the same to Cena. Hopefully by then Trips has more of a say on the main roster and they go for Omega/ Okada/ Bucks etc

jmdajr

I'd be smiling during the Miz promo too if I knew how the main event was gonna end. If Cena pins you with a single AA it means you don't matter.

I got to play it at E3. It's really fucking good.

Buying a fighting game day one is never a good idea these days, but I'm still tempted. I'm glad they haven't said anything about DLC characters yet but I feel like that's a matter of when and not if. It's encouraging that the pre-order bonus characters say "early unlock", implying that they can be unlocked normally in the game.

Don't crush my dreams.

Top Bottom