• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Sephzilla

It feels like there isn't going to be anything worth giving a fuck on WWE till the RR comes around.

We're just over two weeks away from the start of the NFL season. Which means we're in store for one surprise HHH appearance and then WWE going into lazy mode for 4 months

It feels like there isn't going to be anything worth giving a fuck on WWE till the RR comes around.
>implying there'll be anything to give a fuck about at the Rumble
tumblr_inline_mx5f4hylze1qdgyc5.jpg

Recall

How accurate is the entry on Wikipedia that Low Ki wrestled as Hitman (full suit for whole match) at Wrestle Kingdom 7 as a form of protest against been asked to work in Fukushima the following month?

It makes zero sense. Yet it has a citation which I don't believe.

Jamie OD

I don't even know which is worse:

This is wrestling
BeachBall
WHAT?!
"ONE FALL"

The "ONE FALL" chant is great. I don't know why people hate that. It's a line in the introduction that everyone takes for granted because almost every wrestling show you see outside of Mexico is 100% one fall matches. So why not put some emphasis on it?

Mahonay

Banned
How accurate is the entry on Wikipedia that Low Ki wrestled as Hitman (full suit for whole match) at Wrestle Kingdom 7 as a form of protest against been asked to work in Fukushima the following month?

I know it certainly wasn't OK'd by the company. He just went out there and did it anyway.

Not sure the actual reason behind it.

Recall

I know it certainly wasn't OK'd by the company. He just went out there and did it anyway.

Not sure the actual reason behind it.

I just assume they thought it was to make for a cool entrance but not compete the entire match in a suit. Makes a title match somewhat farsical.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Last I heard that was the sole reason Low Ki is the only person banned from NJPW.

The "ONE FALL" chant is great. I don't know why people hate that. It's a line in the introduction that everyone takes for granted because almost every wrestling show you see outside of Mexico is 100% one fall matches. So why not put some emphasis on it?

I love the "ONE FALL" chant. Just something fun about it.

Recall

Read a Summerslam review. Sounds like the main event was awesome but the rest of the show was very subpar/underwhelming. Summerslam usually my favourite show I look forward to the most but it's a shame only the main event delivered on the entertainment.

Though it seems NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III was insane. Hope to watch it soon.

Anth0ny

road dogg is bitching about the beach balls on twitter, official proof that fans should keep doing it at all shows going forward

Fuck beach balls. Don't go to the show if you're just gonna throw a beach ball around.

Chants and waves are fine but physical distractions are ridiculous

Recall

Ok I finished watching the 3 Way at Wrestle Kingdom 7 and Prince Devitt/Finn Balor seems super pissed off. Both before and after the match. I wonder if its anger aimed at Low Ki.

Fuck beach balls. Don't go to the show if you're just gonna throw a beach ball around.

Chants and waves are fine but physical distractions are ridiculous
what a mark

How is the wave any less distracting than a beachball, it's a dumb crowd participation act that ignores the product itself, and usually has the TV cameras pulling away just to film them havin' fun!

Recall

Ohtani and Mutoh vs Tenzan and Kojima now.

Such a weird match up to see in 2013, very much a legends feel to it because I guess it is. Cool to see the Hashimoto tribute at the start.

TenCozy have a great theme.

what a mark

How is the wave any less distracting than a beachball, it's a dumb crowd participation act that ignores the product itself, and usually has the TV cameras pulling away just to film them havin' fun!

You can watch the match and wave.

The wave is usually done to shit on a bad match not distract from a good one like at Summerslam.

Paying hundred of Dallas to bounce a beach ball seems excessive
Seems like it would take a lot of floor space too

You can watch the match and wave.

The wave is usually done to shit on a bad match not distract from a good one like at Summerslam.
I feel like you can't really condemn something and then say "this is cool though cuz it's shitting on matches". CM Punk chants are totally cool right

If the crowd gave a fuck they wouldn't do it regardless

Also, beachballs and wave are both passive activities involving audience members waiting for their turn to be a part of something. You can watch the match in both, but you still need to pay attention to get your shit in

Top Bottom