• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Raw64life

Fixed and agreed

A lot of the time I'd agree but not always. Getting Yakuza Kiwami next week day one. $25 with Amazon Prime, feature complete game with very minimal DLC and it's all free anyway. Also have Mario Odyssey pre-ordered because I trust Nintendo to actually give me a complete experience on the cart day 1 when it comes to a new 3D Mario game.

But fighting games are far and away the worst offenders of day 1 fuckery. You're getting barely half the game's total content in some of these fucking things. Even though it's encouraging that the collector's edition of DBZ doesn't mention anything about DLC characters or a season pass, I'm fully expecting them to announce that you need to spend an extra $20-30 to get extra characters that they will morphine drip over a period of several months after the game releases. It's just the way fighting games are done these days.

Anth0ny

Wow pollock says takeover was the best takeover yet

Also thinks they should call the audible and do stroman/Brock and Roman/cena for mania but we all know that's not happening

Buying a fighting game day one is never a good idea these days.
As someone who buys fighting games day one, this is accurate advice.

It's encouraging that the pre-order bonus characters say "early unlock", implying that they can be unlocked normally in the game.
There are definitely going to be DLC characters. As is the case with literally every new fighting game now. Those pre-order characters though, are unlockable in-game and pre-ordering just saves you the hassle of going through whatever hoops you have to go through to unlock them. Saves you a bit of time nothing else.

Raw64life

Fighting game fuckery is to be expected if you only buy Capcom and Netherrealm fighters.

I don't know shit about Arc Systems but hopefully they resist the overtures from Namco. I still remember From Software saying "No DLC for Dark Souls II, we want to release a complete experience" a month before the game came out, and then j/k season pass lol.

Wow pollock says takeover was the best takeover yet

Also thinks they should call the audible and do stroman/Brock and Roman/cena for mania but we all know that's not happening

They teased Cena/Reigns pretty hard on Raw. Strowman/Brock happening at the next PPV doesn't mean they can't just do it again at Mania.

As someone who buys fighting games day one, this is accurate advice.

There are definitely going to be DLC characters. As is the case with literally every new fighting game now. Those pre-order characters though, are unlockable in-game and pre-ordering just saves you the hassle of going through whatever hoops you have to go through to unlock them. Saves you a bit of time nothing else.

I'm fine if it's only a handful of characters that can be unlocked relatively easily. Secret characters that you have to work to unlock have been in fighting games forever. But most companies don't know how to balance this at all and they clearly want you to just give up and give them money instead.

A lot of the time I'd agree but not always. Getting Yakuza Kiwami next week day one. $25 with Amazon Prime, feature complete game with very minimal DLC and it's all free anyway.

That I'm doubling down on because I'm not even done with the first Yakuza game that came out this year.

Also my backlog's out of control enough ^_^

Sephzilla

I don't know shit about Arc Systems but hopefully they resist the overtures from Namco. I still remember From Software saying "No DLC for Dark Souls II, we want to release a complete experience" a month before the game came out, and then j/k season pass lol.

Arc System more or less goes the Super Street Fighter route and releases new characters and updates in full on updated games - which is why there are fuckloads of Guilty Gear and Blazblue games out there. But since DBFZ involves a much bigger IP and has Namco publishing it I have to imagine that ArcSys is going to go more the one big release plus subsequent DLC route. And honestly, I prefer that route because the traditional Arc Sys route is part of what has kept them back a bit

Can't wait for Omega to join the WWE at long last in 20 years time and job to old man Trips in his only mania match, shit will be glorious.

Also Arc's approach to fighting game releases is TRASH.

JkabwE3.gif

The Demon Bálor slams the back of head against the mat

WWE would be proud of how Capcom handled Jedah in MvC Infinite, totally PG friendly. Was shocked to see the blood acidic liquid contract, that was awesome.

Mahonay

Banned
Reddit post...

Big Cass has a torn ACL? :(.
Happened in a dumb ass Street Fight match between him and Enzo.

He went for the big boot and went over the ropes when Enzo moved out of the way, landed on the floor really oddly on his ankle/side of his foot. Came back in the ring severely limping. Dude went fort the Empire Elbow and his leg just completely gave out underneath him. Laid there hitting the ropes and just yelling out curse words that the audio cut out for.

Tagyhag

I don't even know if this is good or bad for Cass' career.

No one gave a shit about him now, so maybe he'll reinvent himself.

But it's Cass so, I doubt it.

Bayley should also be using her injury for story purposes. But we all know that ain't happening.

Foggy

Roman's fine, it's just that the Summerslam was a spotfest and Roman's go-to spot is spamming the same move forever and ever. That match was much more suited to Braun and Bork's relative strengths.

Well, I've added my son as an authorized user on my credit card accounts. He'll have his own cards in a week or so. RIP my credit score.

All I saw was "butcher" and thought the Starrcade headliner himself was finally getting some official merch.

Good dad. You'll be alright, and he'll be on a pretty good start himself in the credit world!

Sephzilla

I don't even know if this is good or bad for Cass' career.

No one gave a shit about him now, so maybe he'll reinvent himself.

But it's Cass so, I doubt it.

Injuries are never good for someones career and I hope he bounces back fine (ACL injuries aren't the near death sentence for athletes they used to be) but this gives him some time to be off camera and reinvent himself a little bit. Cass as he currently is w/out Enzo is dead on arrival.

Top Bottom