• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Whatever idtiot (and if its vince it still counts) that thought that a 13 second match at mania against a world renown worker like Bryan was a smart idea should never work in wrestling ever again.

Bryan could have lost but if he had a 5* classic with Sheamus it may have gotten both of them over.
Pretty sure that was a Dunn decision. He apparently hates Sheamus and Daniel Bryan and was responsible for it. Bryan said in his book he and Sheamus were pretty pissed over the match, especially when they had that great two out of three falls match later.

orioto

Good Art™
He should be in the main event instead of floundering in the mid card.

This kind of shitty team is going to just keep him a little longer away from the main event. This is also going to cement him more and more as a joke wrestler. Like when MVP was paired with Mark Henry.

Fox318

Pretty sure that was a Dunn decision. He apparently hates Sheamus and Daniel Bryan and was responsible for it. Bryan said in his book he and Sheamus were pretty pissed over the match, especially when they had that great two out of three falls match later.

It was the biggest booking backfire in the history of wrestling.

• The person they wanted to get over would get heat with the fans that he was neverable to get rid of
  • The person they thought would hurt their bottom line as a top guy wound up becoming the most over or at the very least beloved wrestler since Steve Austin
  • The hate from the fans over that decision would fuck up every mania booking plan for 2 years
  • A top main event performer (Punk) would leave over the state of booking post that match and the perception of if you aren't a Vince guy you wouldn't get rewarded
  • Their top project in Reigns would get the brunt of the backlash.

It was a fucking disaster.

Gurrry

Is anyone else noticing that Seth's doing Triple H's water spit thing during his entrance now?

yeah i did, that along with the pedigree finisher is a little too much for me. i wish hed come up with his own finisher. hes so damn good, he doesnt need to be HHH 2.0

Top Bottom