• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

It was the biggest booking backfire in the history of wrestling.

• The person they wanted to get over would get heat with the fans that he was neverable to get rid of
  • The person they thought would hurt their bottom line as a top guy wound up becoming the most over or at the very least beloved wrestler since Steve Austin
  • The hate from the fans over that decision would fuck up every mania booking plan for 2 years
  • A top main event performer (Punk) would leave over the state of booking post that match and the perception of if you aren't a Vince guy you wouldn't get rewarded
  • Their top project in Reigns would get the brunt of the backlash.

It was a fucking disaster.

Dang that very match was the cause of that downward spiral for WWE

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's kind of funny how the entire show is a bunch of indie darlings from about 5 years ago

• The person they wanted to get over would get heat with the fans that he was neverable to get rid of
  • The person they thought would hurt their bottom line as a top guy wound up becoming the most over or at the very least beloved wrestler since Steve Austin
  • The hate from the fans over that decision would fuck up every mania booking plan for 2 years
  • A top main event performer (Punk) would leave over the state of booking post that match and the perception of if you aren't a Vince guy you wouldn't get rewarded

Speaking personally it was the match I bought Wrestlemania that year to watch. No matter who won it was going to be a great match I thought. I was so upset.

UberTag

Just popping in to say that Chris Jericho has been fucking amazing tonight.
It says a lot about how successful the current Jericho run has been compared to some of his more recent ones that he's been a regular component of WWE television since January and nobody is all that upset about it (Mania win vs. Styles notwithstanding).

KingBroly

Banned

Whoever made that call should've been fired.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
they need to make kick outs more spontaneous. I think certain wrestlers should work with specific refs and learn their time for counts. Its a little distracting when you see cross fit jesus staring right at the ref waiting for his hand to come down close to a 3 to then kick out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Poor Zayn, losing to the top wrestler on the entire roster obviously he's buried

Fox318

I also forgot that The biggest drawing angle in the history of the company would be sacrificed (The Streak) with virtually no payoff.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Just popping in to say I still can't stand Rollins. If he's the future I might need to move on.

n9xz5AO.gif

Top Bottom