• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Could be they want HHH to win control of the company and be the heel boss after WMXXX. Just what we need, too. McMahon-Helmsley Regime > Hulkamania and Attitude Era put together. Ratings galore.

I think thinks would be 100x better if HHH was a heel, in his current role he's insufferable. I mean how would Steve Austin have ever got over if he never fought his battles against Vince, instead a face CEO came down said he was changing the matches and buried any of Vince's lackeys. HHH's current role is cancer to any storyline he awkwardly injects himself in.

On top of that I'd like the idea of a heel HHH leading new-guard heels against the old guard and new faces, it could be a pretty cool major faction war involving the whole current roster and development, and it would make sense because it's already been set in motion with the SHIELD. It's just a shame they feel they need to defecate all over the hottest talent currently in the company to potentially get to it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wait, two PPVs in October? For real?

EDIT: Whoa.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_pay-per-view_events#Upcoming_pay-per-view_schedule

Date Event Venue City Ref.
August 18, 2013 SummerSlam Staples Center Los Angeles, California [9]
September 15, 2013 Night of Champions Joe Louis Arena Detroit, Michigan [9]
October 6, 2013 Battleground First Niagara Center Buffalo, New York [9]
October 27, 2013 Hell in a Cell American Airlines Arena Miami, Florida [9]
November 24, 2013 Survivor Series TD Garden Boston, Massachusetts [9]
December 15, 2013 TLC Toyota Center Houston, Texas [9]
January 26, 2014 Royal Rumble CONSOL Energy Center Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
February 23, 2014 Elimination Chamber Target Center Minneapolis, Minnesota
April 6, 2014 WrestleMania XXX Mercedes-Benz Superdome New Orleans, Louisiana

God damn WWE is dumb.

Wasn't last year great with the screw job

That was all well and fine but the rest was just incredibly forgettable, and IIRC the crowd sucked. It also had the stupid finish to the tag team tournament which had Rhodes Scholars beat Hell No via DQ because Kane was being too aggressive. Ryback also hasn't been the same since then.

Big Show ending Sheamus's WHC reign was cool though

gurudyne

That was all well and fine but the rest was just incredibly forgettable, and IIRC the crowd sucked. It also had the stupid finish to the tag team tournament which had Rhodes Scholars beat Hell No via DQ because Kane was being too aggressive. Ryback also hasn't been the same since then.

Big Show ending Sheamus's WHC reign was cool though

Wasn't the crowd shit because it was Atlanta and STAND BACK THERE WAS A HURRICANE COMING THROUGH?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The problem is the promo he cut on raw was a super serious generic big guy one

Let him show some personality

http://youtu.be/SKPv6h3qr_E?t=35s

For some reason WWE only seems to let people have fun outside of television. Someo f the App segments, Backstage Fallout, and the amusing JBL & Cole Show are where a lot of people get to actually stand out beyond anything generic.
Though at the same time, apparently Sandow's signing on JBL & Cole show helped get him noticed.

How are you guys coping with the drought after the G1 monsoon? What are you watching to get your fix of quality wrassles?

Watching SHIMMER.

How can you not care about Terry Funk? The man is a legend.

I consider him a legend, for his début till that last Clash of Champions he was a part of with Flair. http://www.wwe.com/videos/clash-of-the-champions-ix-ric-flair-vs-terry-funk-11151989-25058774

Everything beyond that? The ever increasing hardcore, death matches, almost parody of himself? Nay, I don't care about that any more because otherwise I would just feel pity and sadness toward one of my favourites from the past.

Has Rosa been FE'd yet?

She's working as a trainer in NXT currently. Don't worry anyone, it's for make-up, keeping an eye on cameras during a match and positioning correctly, etc, not any actual wrestling.

What does WWE need?

upKWBTW.jpg

Batigol

Banned

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_pay-per-view_events#Upcoming_pay-per-view_schedule

It's not just the two PPV's in one month. The space between PPV's, especially in November and Febraury is tiny

XenoRaven

I think Nakamura vs. Ibushi from Day 4 was better than Shibata vs. Ishii from Day 4.

Yes I know I'm way behind.

I plan on watching Day 6 and the finals. Is there anything else I should watch?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I distinctly remember on Smackdown that Vickie and Mad OX agreed to ban AJ from Big E matches and Big E banned from AJ matches...then why the fuck was AJ with Big E on Main Event

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Nakamura vs. Ibushi from Day 4 was better than Shibata vs. Ishii from Day 4.

Yes I know I'm way behind.

I plan on watching Day 6 and the finals. Is there anything else I should watch?

Day 8 is REALLY good too

Ultratech

Huh...that is weird.

Also, there's nothing happening in March.
(Except last-minute WM buildup. lol)

I distinctly remember on Smackdown that Vickie and Mad OX agreed to ban AJ from Big E matches and Big E banned from AJ matches...then why the fuck was AJ with Big E on Main Event

3 Week Rule?

Fuck if I know.

Penguin

I believe Big E is banned from AJ matches, but not the reverse.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

GMs of Raw and Smackdown only, Main Event is it's own show controlled by ... I don't know, Puppet H and Road Dogg.

Aiii

So not worth it
I doubt current era WWE has a hostile enviroment against gays. I reckon there are more openly gay (as in: within the company) wrestlers in WWE.

Dyoung just saved his job for at least a couple years in today's world if he ever gets future endevoured the 1st thing they will accuse Vince of is being anti-gay, which he may be but this will just open it up to the general public a bit more.

Edit: Lol at the guy wishing him his best on his future endevours in the video

Aiii

So not worth it
Dyoung just saved his job for at least a couple years in today's world if he ever gets future endevoured the 1st thing they will accuse Vince of is being anti-gay which he may be but this will just open it up to the general public a bit more.

Pat Patterson has been employed for ages, so I doubt that'll keep them. Any backlash can be countered by that fact.

Hell, isn't he the Godfather of Steph? Good luck calling Vince anti-gay heh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Patterson is the exception not the rule. And Patterson hasn't stood up for gay rights in the WWE workplace because he isn't THAT stupid.

I mean, the Hugh Morrus incident should pretty much show the kind of staff WWE hires and tries to protect.

Pat Patterson has been employed for ages, so I doubt that'll keep them. Any backlash can be countered by that fact.

Hell, isn't he the Godfather of Steph? Good luck calling Vince anti-gay heh.

It'll happen though its what happened when Kanyon got fired. But this time it'll probably more vocal due to social media and things of that nature. Im not saying Vince is anti-gay but im sure there will be people who will say something if he gets fired in the near future. Which he shouldn't they should be using the PTP more. Lots of people also accuse Vince of being racist due to no black WWE champions besides the Rock if you count him but JTG has been employed for almost 7 years and has done nothing.

Aiii

So not worth it
For one, Kanyon was like 10 years ago. Current era WWE is much more businesslike than wrestling was 10 years ago.

As far as the whole Bill DeMott stuff, all we have to go buy is ex-developmental talent that ended up coming up short and disgruntled. Nobody with any weight to their person has spoken out against him yet, so who knows what's the truth there.

Not saying there's no anti-gay people in WWE, they're everywhere (except here in Holland, because we're awesome and tolerant!), but as a general rule I think most of the current talent at least should be as accepting of gay people as many of us are. I can't imagine people like Cena, Punk or Bryan going on anti-gay tirades or something, can you?

nappy

Neo Member
It bothers me every time. Why do gays have to make a proud stand and announce their orientation to the world? I never hear somebody saying "Hey guys, you know, I'm a natural! Being natural is so good, I'm very happy! Suck it!". Isn't it something that only matters to you and not intended to be public? Sometimes I'm happy I live in a country of so-called non-progressive world.

I believe everything bad they say about Bill Demott due that one picture that one guy posted of him forcing guys to wrestle naked in developmental. He has that old wrestler mentality of being an asshole. They should capitalize on this and push the PTP vs The Real Americans. Zeb Coulters character has the potential to skim the line of being anti gay.

Top Bottom