• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Penguin

3 hour Smackdown.... why? They already removed the brand split and the best talent shows up on RAW anyway.

Yeah that's the problem

It's one-sided. You go to Raw, you'll get Cena and Punk and Brock and more

You lose all of them on SmackDown, and don't really have any exclusive talents or stories

And worse yet is everything seems to be done in a bubble as either a rerun of Raw or a preview of Raw.

Like what was the point of the Christian/Del Rio match last week?

somedevil

Yeah that's the problem

It's one-sided. You go to Raw, you'll get Cena and Punk and Brock and more

You lose all of them on SmackDown, and don't really have any exclusive talents or stories

And worse yet is everything seems to be done in a bubble as either a rerun of Raw or a preview of Raw.

Like what was the point of the Christian/Del Rio match last week?

If they want to make 3 hours just put nxt for 1 hour and then smackdown for 2 hours. Problem solved.

Smackdown right now is a show where they have long wrestling matches but lacks the importance of Raw right now.

Aiii

So not worth it
Relevant to my interests:
BRpeg3zCcAAjPII.jpg:large

MoosiferX

Yesterday I watched Wrestlemania XIII for the first time (there's still a few I haven't seen). Having stopped watching wrestling around 1995/1996 and not picking it up again until about 2008 I've been enjoying watching random matches/PPVs from the eras I missed.

That being said, holy crap I enjoyed that Stone Cold and Bret Hart match! Such great energy. And I believe this is the first time I've ever seen the Headbangers in a match. Anyways, fun stuff!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Strobogo brah and anyone else with a PC, humblebundle.com has a wild amount of EA games for shit-ass-cheap depending on what you pay. Hop on it folks.

Striker

That being said, holy crap I enjoyed that Stone Cold and Bret Hart match! Such great energy. And I believe this is the first time I've ever seen the Headbangers in a match. Anyways, fun stuff!
Probably each guy's best match, and one that catapulted Austin into a main eventer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I play Payday and look at Kaitlyn gifs

It's like I look in a mirror when I see your posts.

Payday 2 is good but not a good game, really. It does a lot right but has a lot of issues. I gotta podcast tonight about it so I needed to get that out. It's unnecessarily obtuse for new players and is unforgiving - I can see how a lot of people will have trouble finding the fun, so to speak.

Penguin

It's like I look in a mirror when I see your posts.

Payday 2 is good but not a good game, really. It does a lot right but has a lot of issues. I gotta podcast tonight about it so I needed to get that out. It's unnecessarily obtuse for new players and is unforgiving - I can see how a lot of people will have trouble finding the fun, so to speak.

Dug the first one, though on Ps3.

Speaking of podcasts, anyone want to guest on ours to talk SummerSlam tonight at 8pm ET?

(And Total DivaS)

MoosiferX

Probably each guy's best match, and one that catapulted Austin into a main eventer.

It was sooooooo good. The first time I'd ever seen Bret Hart with heel tendencies as a solo wrestler. He and Anvil were a heels for quite a while weren't they?

I could see why that would be the tipping point for Austin, because he seems like the real winner when all is said and done. Minus the whole losing a third of his blood thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DOTA's super complex and hard to get into but it's got crazy amounts of players on Steam

Payday 2 is tame entry level by comparison, even without a tutorial.

Trips's whole "don't debut guys until there is a story for them" is nice and all but it'd be even better if it extended past one feud. Fandango has been the reverse Curtis Axel after he returned from injury. The Shield has had no real goal since debuting, so now it's not really a big deal when they lose, because they kinda were painted into a corner after beating everyone. Plus Fandango's catchphrase doesn't even make sense anymore, it was funny on post-Mania Raw because he was still correcting the announcer after getting the shit beaten out of him, but now he just says it all the time to no one in particular.

Ziggler is still a heel apparently: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/14/dolph-ziggler-promises-to-still-be-a-jerk

Makes sense, because in this feud with AJ, Big E and Kaitlyn he really does come of as the biggest jerk of the bunch. Out of those four, friendzoned Big E is the only likeable character. Which is weird considering he and AJ are supposed to be the heels. I doubt Ziggler's face run will last for much longer.

Yeah, they've botched Dolph's face turn pretty badly, especially since he lost the title clean. Although would you really say that Big E has been more likable than Kaitlyn?

Ziggler is just a loveable heel. Let him just do his thing.

Also with the Payday 2 talk, is it worth getting? I might just say fuck it. Learning curve does not matter to me as long as it is fun.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, they've botched Dolph's face turn pretty badly, especially since he lost the title clean. Although would you really say that Big E has been more likable than Kaitlyn?

Most definitely. kaitlyn has been constantly spearing AJ for no other reason than that she has beaten her clean in title matches or something. I don't really know why, but sneak attacks should never be in a face's arsenal. That's a heel tactic and something WWE consistently fucks up.

Stuff like Cody messing with Sandow's briefcase to cost him a match is another good example of this. Faces shouldn't act like dicks all the time. They should take the high ground and dish out retribution when provoked enough, they need to pay the heels back in the ring as a pay-off.

Faces should be the good guys. In WWE it is mostly the other way around, faces are vindictive, verbally abusive and sneak attacking and the heels normally get to make sense, take the abuse and have to wait for a match to get some sort of payback. Once again, see Sandow vs. Cody for a recent example. It's the weirdest thing they do imo.

Kaladin

Duuuuuuuuuude.

desperado.jpg

DESPERADO: THE TERRY FUNK IN ECW COLLECTION

Disc 1

Terry Funk vs. Eddie Gilbert - Texas Death Match - 11/14/92
Terry Funk vs. Eddie Gilbert - I Quit Match (ECW vs. WWA) - 1/23/93
TV Promo By Terry Funk
TV Interview w/ Eddie Gilbert. Terry Funk Attacks Him With A Chair; Promo By Terry Funk
Highlights Of The I Quit Match Between Eddie Gilbert And Terry Funk
TV Promo By Terry Funk At The Double Cross Ranch
TV Promo By Terry Funk
TV Promo By Terry Funk
TV Video Package On Terry Funk And Eddie Gilbert; Interview w/ Terry Funk
TV Promo By Terry Funk
Terry Funk vs. The Dark Patriot
Terry Funk vs. Eddie Gilbert - Super Summer Sizzler Spectacular
Interview w/ Terry Funk

Disc 2

TV Interview w/ Terry Funk
Terry Funk vs. Jimmy Snuka (ECW TV Title Match)
Terry Funk vs. The Canadian Wolfman
Terry Funk vs. The Canadian Wolfman
Terry Funk & Stan Hansen vs. Kevin Sullivan & Abdullah the Butcher - Ultraclash 1993
Terry Funk vs. Jimmy Snuka - Cage Match
TV Promo By Terry Funk
Terry Funk, Abdullah the Butcher & JT Smith vs. Jimmy Snuka, Kevin Sullivan & Don Muraco
Interview w/ Terry Funk
Interview w/ Terry Funk
Interview w/ Terry Funk
Terry Funk destroys a job guy
Terry Funk, Axl & Ian Rotten vs. The Sandman, JT Smith & Salvatore Bellomo
Terry Funk vs. Sabu
Terry Funk & Bad Breed Promo

Disc 3

Terry Funk's Highlights In ECW In 1993
Terry Funk & Bad Breed Promo
Terry Funk vs. Shane Douglas
Terry Funk vs. Pat Tanaka
Terry Funk vs. Sabu vs. Shane Douglas- The Night Line Was Crossed
Press Conference after The Night Line Was Crossed

Disc 4

Terry Funk, Kevin Sullivan & Crash vs. Shane Douglas & The Public Enemy
Terry Funk vs. Sabu
TV Promo w/ Terry Funk & Arn Anderson
TV Promo By Paul E. Dangerously, Terry Funk Interrupts Him;
Terry Funk & Arn Anderson vs. Sabu & Eaton - When Worlds Collide 1994
Promo By Terry Funk After His Match From When Worlds Collide
TV Terry Funk promo
Terry Funk vs. Hack Myers
Funks vs. Public Enemy - Hostile City Showdown 1994
Terry & Dory Funk Jr. vs. Stevie Richards & Hack Meyers
Tommy Dreamer, Terry & Dory Funk Jr vs. Hack Meyers & Public Enemy
Funks vs. Public Enemy - Barbed Wire Match - Heatwave 1994
Terry Funk vs. Kyle Scherer
Tommy Dreamer, Terry & Dory Funk Jr vs. The Pitbulls & Jimmy Snuka

Disc 5

"Special Bulletin" on Funk vs. Cactus
Terry Funk vs. Cactus Jack - Hardcore Heaven 1994
Funk & Cactus promo
Return of the Funker angle - Feb 1995
TV Promo By Terry Funk, The Sandman & Woman
TV Promo By Terry Funk, The Sandman & Woman
Terry Funk & Sandman vs. Cactus Jack & Shane Douglas
Terry Funk promo
Terry Funk promo
Terry Funk promo
Terry Funk vs. Cactus Jack - Hostile City Showdown 1995
Terry Funk vs. Cactus Jack - ECW Fancam 4/29/95 Dover, DE
Terry Funk promo
TV Promo By Terry Funk And Tommy Dreamer
TV Promo By Terry Funk And Tommy Dreamer
Terry Funk & Tommy Dreamer vs. Cactus Jack & Raven - November to Remember 1995
TV Promo By Tommy Dreamer and Terry Funk
Shane & Brian lee destroy Pitbull 2, Dreamer calls double cross ranch
Terry Funk & Tommy Dreamer vs. Brian Lee & Shane Douglas - November to Remember 1996

Disc 6

Tommy Rich attacks Terry Funk
Terry Funk vs. Brian Lee - House Party 1997
TV Terry Funk promo
Terry Funk vs. Tommy Rich - Crossing the Line Again
Terry Funk promo
Terry Funk & Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven & Brian Lee - Cyberslam 1997
Terry Funk & Raven promo
Terry Funk vs. Brian Lee (clipped)
Terry Funk & Pitbull #2 vs. Raven & Shane Douglas - Fancam 3/22/97
Terry Funk vs Axl Rotten
Terry Funk Promo
Terry Funk vs. Brian Lee - Fancam 3/29/97
Terry Funk & Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven & Shane Douglas (JIP)
Terry Funk & Raven promo
Terry Funk video
Terry Funk vs. Sandman vs. Stevie Richards - Barely Legal
Terry Funk vs. Raven - Barely Legal

Disc 7

Terry Funk vs. Stevie Richards - Fancam 5/2/97
Terry Funk vs. D-Von Dudley - Fancam 5/3/97
Terry Funk vs. Raven - Fancam 5/8/97
Terry Funk vs. Raven - Fancam 5/16/97
Terry Funk & Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven & Stevie Richards - Buffalo Invasion
Terry Funk vs. Raven vs. Sandman vs. Stevie Richards - Buffalo Invasion
Terry Funk vs. Stevie Richards - Fancam 5/24/97
Terry Funk vs. Chris Candido - WrestlePalooza 97
Terry Funk vs. Shane Douglas

Disc 8

Terry Funk promo
Terry Funk vs. Sabu - 8/8/97 FancamTerry Funk vs. Sabu - Born to Be Wired
Terry Funk vs. Shane Douglas (JIP)
Terry Funk vs. Sabu vs. Shane Douglas - Hardcore Heaven 1997
Terry Funk vs. Bret Hart - Terry Funk's Wrestlefest
Dreamer & Funk video from Japan
Funk invades November to Remember 98
Terry Funk Attacks Tommy Dreamer
Terry Funk Comes Out During A Tommy Dreamer And Justin Credible Match
Terry Funk attacks Dreamer during his match vs. Justin Credible - Guilty As Charged 1999

Seriously. $30?

http://www.highspots.com/p/tfunk-ecw.html

Most definitely. kaitlyn has been constantly spearing AJ for no other reason than that she has beaten her clean in title matches or something. I don't really know why, but sneak attacks should never be in a face's arsenal. That's a heel tactic and something WWE consistently fucks up.

Stuff like Cody messing with Sandow's briefcase to cost him a match is another good example of this. Faces shouldn't act like dicks all the time. They should take the high ground and dish out retribution when provoked enough, they need to pay the heels back in the ring as a pay-off.

Faces should be the good guys. In WWE it is mostly the other way around, faces are vindictive, verbally abusive and sneak attacking and the heels normally get to make sense, take the abuse and have to wait for a match to get some sort of payback. Once again, see Sandow vs. Cody for a recent example. It's the weirdest thing they do imo.

AJ has also been the worst possible person to Kaitlyn for like the past year (even when AJ was a face!), and Big E has contributed to that. They were straight bullying her, and then she won the title for it. Mind you, I've almost started tuning out this feud after the original title win, because both the feud and the matches devolved into mediocrity/crap.

The Sandow/Cody thing i agree with, especially after JBL and Cole called him out for being a sore loser on commentary on Monday. He couldn't respond.

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ and Big E should get their come-uppance, but spearing AJ just because should not be happening. AJ slapped her a few times, they brawled even steven a few times and then indeed the Big E stuff. That should all be paid back in the ring, faces go over, people cheer and everyone wins.

Spearing AJ, zigzagging E unprovoked does nothing other than make your faces look like heels in my opinion.

AJ and Big E should get their come-uppance, but spearing AJ just because should not be happening. AJ slapped her a few times, they brawled even steven a few times and then indeed the Big E stuff. That should all be paid back in the ring, faces go over, people cheer and everyone wins.

Spearing AJ, zigzagging E unprovoked does nothing other than make your faces look like heels in my opinion.

I gotta disagree there, partially because it's not like they're going to give the title back to Kaitlyn so she's gotta get comeuppance somehow. AJ only kinda turned on her best friend, shut her out while Kaitlyn tried to support her and then just took shots at her on the emotional level. Eventually, something's gotta give. Also the whole secret admirer, photoshop jokes, and AJ-as-Kaitlyn shit, all of which AJ started. So i think a few spears is totally just.

I'm not defending Dolph or the whole "dress up as your enemy!" or the fucking photoshop shit because that was all stupid. Except Dolph as Sin Cara, as unface-ish as that was it was still pretty funny

Most definitely. kaitlyn has been constantly spearing AJ for no other reason

Is it wrong that I legit bust out laughing anytime this happens? Like seriously, sometimes she just pops in from nowhere offscreen and spears her (the Dolph's suitcase segment), and it's always hilarious. It's like she's a fucking catapault and AJ is her target until the end of time

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yo FE I am down for Paydizzle 2 any time brah. I'll steam message you if I'm getting shit happening.

Yo speaking of bad faces and Chris Jericho, 2013 Chris Jericho really was the worst face wasn't he? GAF even gave him a pass which i was kinda surprised to see, 'cause he was basically The Rock in terms of old schtick except not winning titles. People were all like "ah yes THAT'S how you be funny, Cena" when man Jericho is just as unfunny as all the other faces in WWE

i'd be ok with chris jericho not coming back again is what i'm saying

strobogo

Banned
Kaitlyn is totally in the right for continually spearing AJ. AJ has been AWFUL to her for months just for fun. She deserves ever ass kicking she gets. Sometimes I think Wrasslegaf takes the "faces are such dicks" a bit too far. In most cases, yes. In that case? Not at all.

The thing with Cody is weird because it feels just as unearned of a turn as Ziggler's. Cody didn't DO anything to turn face. He was just a smiling, fiery baby face now because Sandow pushing him off the ladder. The same thing happened to Ziggler. But they had no reason to change their ways. But for Cody, you've had Cole saying he got screwed and JBL saying he's being a pussy and to get over it for a month now. And JBL's totally right. Cody was and really still should be a heel. His heel partner did the heel thing and shoved his partner out of the way, just like Cody should have done in that match.

I get being pissed, but I really don't see what makes Cody a face because of that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If I cared about Terry Funk, I would be all over it.

In other news, Nakamura has the best theme in wrestling. I don't care how old it is, it is amazing.

one of my favorites too. Suzuki's gets a lot of love but Nakamura's really encapsulates everything that makes him who he is today.

How can you not care about Terry Funk? The man is a legend.

I appreciate what he has done and his impact in the business but I just don't care for him as I would say Macho Man or Rick Rude.

Yo FE I am down for Paydizzle 2 any time brah. I'll steam message you if I'm getting shit happening.

fo shizzle

Agreed rainmaker comes in as a close second

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pj7ImZdV4Tg

one of my favorites too. Suzuki's gets a lot of love but Nakamura's really encapsulates everything that makes him who he is today.

Love me both of their themes but man, something about Nakamura that sets it over the top.

strobogo

Banned
I'd love for WWE to release a Terry Funk DVD and have it not be only ECW. Get that shit out of here. I need 80s Funk and the Stud Stable/Rhodes feud on Blu-Ray.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrassleGAF Payday 2 Heist Night

hmmm...this has potential.

strobogo

Banned
If the past year or so has been caused by global warning, then I support global warming. Winter had about a week of highs below 40, and this summer had one week in the 90s and the rest have been low 80s and under. Most of the last 3 weeks have been low 70s and even one day in the 50s.

Give me this shit all year.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Trips's whole "don't debut guys until there is a story for them" is nice and all but it'd be even better if it extended past one feud. Fandango has been the reverse Curtis Axel after he returned from injury. The Shield has had no real goal since debuting, so now it's not really a big deal when they lose, because they kinda were painted into a corner after beating everyone. Plus Fandango's catchphrase doesn't even make sense anymore, it was funny on post-Mania Raw because he was still correcting the announcer after getting the shit beaten out of him, but now he just says it all the time to no one in particular.

WWE needs a booker, not a writing team

jred2k

If the past year or so has been caused by global warning, then I support global warming. Winter had about a week of highs below 40, and this summer had one week in the 90s and the rest have been low 80s and under. Most of the last 3 weeks have been low 70s and even one day in the 50s.

Give me this shit all year.

Yeah its been sweater weather here in Northern Ontario for a week or two now. My windows were covered in dew this morning when I got in to my car. We had like one week in July that I had to turn my AC on, but other than that its been pretty livable. Fuck the heat its terrible and uncomfortable. At least when its cold you can just put on warmer clothes and be good.

In other news, Nakamura has the best theme in wrestling. I don't care how old it is, it is amazing.

AMAZING

Agreed rainmaker comes in as a close second

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pj7ImZdV4Tg

I sort of think that Japanese promoters discovered power metal and thought "cool let's just use this from now on"

Kaitlyn is totally in the right for continually spearing AJ. AJ has been AWFUL to her for months just for fun. She deserves ever ass kicking she gets. Sometimes I think Wrasslegaf takes the "faces are such dicks" a bit too far. In most cases, yes. In that case? Not at all.

The thing with Cody is weird because it feels just as unearned of a turn as Ziggler's. Cody didn't DO anything to turn face. He was just a smiling, fiery baby face now because Sandow pushing him off the ladder. The same thing happened to Ziggler. But they had no reason to change their ways. But for Cody, you've had Cole saying he got screwed and JBL saying he's being a pussy and to get over it for a month now. And JBL's totally right. Cody was and really still should be a heel. His heel partner did the heel thing and shoved his partner out of the way, just like Cody should have done in that match.

I get being pissed, but I really don't see what makes Cody a face because of that.

I think the idea is that Cody turned during the MITB match and that people are supposed to be behind him due to the heart he showed in that match. He almost came close to making the right point in his commentary this week when he was saying "yeah, maybe it was the smart thing for Damien Sandow to attack me in the match - but that doesn't mean I can't be pissed about it". But then he fell into some weird "Sandow says he's the better man so fuck that guy" holding pattern

Top Bottom