• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

nappy

Neo Member
Dunno, guys, I love Suzuki Minoru's theme over the rest, gives me a kind of goosebumps. Would love to sing "KAZE NI NARE!" along with the crowd.

THIS DATE IN PRO-WRESTLING HISTORY 1

Triple H squashed a jobber on Monday Night Raw on this date in WWF history (Aug. 14, 1995). That jobber was a 17-year-old Jeff Hardy.

krae_man

THIS DATE IN PRO-WRESTLING HISTORY 1

Triple H squashed a jobber on Monday Night Raw on this date in WWF history (Aug. 14, 1995). That jobber was a 17-year-old Jeff Hardy.

Then 13 years later HHH refused to job the WWE title to that same Jeff Hardy and got beard man Edge to do it instead.

Kojima's theme is so freaking amazing, it pains me that New Japan don't own the copyright;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkiOGBL78aQ

Oh man, the Onita vs Akebono feud is still going, Onita's now morphed into his Great Nita character, while Akebono is now 'Killer Anywhere' and on August 31st they will have a 'No Rope, Barbed Wire, Megaton Electric Blast, First Time in History Human Bomb Deathmatch'. No idea what the fuck that is, but I want to watch it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kojima's theme is so freaking amazing, it pains me that New Japan don't own the copyright;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkiOGBL78aQ

Oh man, the Onita vs Akebono feud is still going, Onita's now morphed into his Great Nita character, while Akebono is now 'Killer Anywhere' and on August 31st they will have a 'No Rope, Barbed Wire, Megaton Electric Blast, First Time in History Human Bomb Deathmatch'. No idea what the fuck that is, but I want to watch it.

It's an Akebono match.

Hoping he someday manages to be called the "Bleeding Egg" or something.

:(
I thought it would be mad libs wherein I could enter food types and he would just say it followed by "bitch", then call me a fairy and my girlfriend a whore. Then people would cheer.

BRqUldHCUAAyl7b.jpg

Should be an interesting podcast

somedevil

Some News from Wrestling Observer:

John Cena's elbow, which he referenced on Raw last week, is in really bad shape and it appears he's going to have to undergo surgery. I also know that as of press time, the plan for the September PPV is Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton with Cena not in the title picture, likely due to surgery plans, so it would appear that one way or another one of them is going to have the title, soon. It's also possible that if Cena can return from surgery quickly they could insert him and do a three-way in September, which would also make sense. They could also do the three-way on one of the two October PPVs.

Added to that match on Monday was HHH as special guest referee. Originally Hunter was going to turn heel at SummerSlam. Whether this is pieces falling into place or not is unknown. Hunter could screw one or both of them and align with Vince McMahon, and it would make sense for them to set up Orton cashing in since Vince himself said that if he had his choice he wouldn't have Bryan or Cena as champion. Long-term, the idea is Vince will eventually turn babyface and bring in a conquering hero to take out HHH at WrestleMania.

The Wyatt Family should be getting a big push soon, likely taking the spot that the Shield has had for a long time. There is still underlying heat on the Shield for reasons talked about in this newsletter in recent weeks (the Undertaker injury that kept him off this show, the big argument backstage with Orton, etc.). Wyatts are considered a HHH project, and with a few of his projects bombing (Sin Cara, Amazing Kong), he's likely going to go hard with this one.

Well it seems like Daniel Bryan is about to become the new Stone Cold if that angle actually happens.

What's the story with the Shield having heat?

I think Seth Rollins has heat for some stupid reason or another.

Speaking of The Shield, I was flipping through the new issue of WWE Magazine at Target today and they have Mick Foley vs. Dean Ambrose in the Fantasy Warfare section. *Sigh* What could have been...

strobogo

Banned
Wait a minute, they're reversing the HHH/Vince angle? How does that make ANY god damn sense? Not only does it fly against everything they've been building basically for 2 years now, but it is the worst direction they could take the angle. I don't buy that as the real idea going forward.

Thorakai

We need Big Sexy to take out the monstrous HHH and bring cool back to the little jimmies. Culminate the feud with a Nash vs HHH vs Vince Triple Threat where everybody ends up with torn quads at the end of the match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

strobogo

Banned
The HHH as face and Vince as heel is obvious and logical, but that is the kind of story that NEEDS to be obvious and logical. You don't need any twists or turns in the story they're trying to tell with those two. Twist and turns are detrimental to that kind of story.

gurudyne

Yeah its been sweater weather here in Northern Ontario for a week or two now. My windows were covered in dew this morning when I got in to my car. We had like one week in July that I had to turn my AC on, but other than that its been pretty livable. Fuck the heat its terrible and uncomfortable. At least when its cold you can just put on warmer clothes and be good.

Bull. When it gets cold, my finger dexterity goes to shit, no matter how many layers I put on. Give me heat waves over cold snaps any day.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah its been sweater weather here in Northern Ontario for a week or two now. My windows were covered in dew this morning when I got in to my car. We had like one week in July that I had to turn my AC on, but other than that its been pretty livable. Fuck the heat its terrible and uncomfortable. At least when its cold you can just put on warmer clothes and be good.

Word. I have no AC in my apartment, those couple of weeks in July were unbearable.

The weather we have now is god damn perfect, I could go for this all YEAR

Ithil

The idea of turning HHH, the next head of the company and champion of the new guard, heel, while Vince the crusty old out of date guy clinging on is a face, is just dumb.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Word. I have no AC in my apartment, those couple of weeks in July were unbearable.

The weather we have now is god damn perfect, I could go for this all morning.

Alllll morning folks

gurudyne

The HHH as face and Vince as heel is obvious and logical, but that is the kind of story that NEEDS to be obvious and logical. You don't need any twists or turns in the story they're trying to tell with those two. Twist and turns are detrimental to that kind of story.

Could be they want HHH to win control of the company and be the heel boss after WMXXX. Just what we need, too. McMahon-Helmsley Regime > Hulkamania and Attitude Era put together. Ratings galore.

Update on BJ Whitmer;

"The final diagnosis on BJ Whitmer was that he suffered a bruised spinal cord, which is pretty serious. He's also been diagnosed with spinal stenosis, which is the condition that ended the career of Adam Copeland. Whitmer will be getting additional medical examinations in the upcoming weeks. There's no set schedule for his return."

Yeah, sounds like Whitmer might be done. Or should be done, but it is the indies, so who knows. Hope the dude recovers, he was never the greatest in the ring, but he always put in a ton of effort, even if he probably should have said no to a whole bunch of spots he took over the years. Here's the list, as far as I can recall;

Exploder from the apron through a table, knocking out both Punk & Whitmer.
Getting KO'd by stiff elbows from Samoa Joe.
Taking a half dozen unprotected chair shots to the head in the Prophecy/Second City Saint feud.
Getting his elbow messed up from a wayward Carnage Crew chair shot.
Almost killing Jimmy Jacobs when he slipped from the top rope to the floor while trying to hit a powerbomb.
The teased repeat of that spot where Whitmer powerbombed Jacobs into the crowd.
The 2nd teased repeat of that spot, but this time where Jacobs headscissors Whitmer through a table on the floor, fucking up his ankle.
Letting Jacobs repeatedly stab him in the forehead with a railway spike.
Concussion from Super Dragon curb stomping his face into a chair.
Letting Super Dragon murder him with a Psycho Driver off the apron, through a table.
Whitmer & Jacobs headbutting each other while wearing crowns of barbed wire, plus some disgusting unprotected chair shots to the head.
Charlie Haas with a belly-to-belly suplex off the top rope that dumped Whitmer neck first through a table.
Mike Bennett piledrivering Whitmer on the ring apron.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Horrible list of Whitmer's Greatest Hits.

Definitely feel for him. He gave his body - a lot - and never got called up to make some real money. Pretty tragic. :/

Watched some FMW, here's a few gifs...

Cactus tries to roll out of the way of a moonsault and gets a foot to the balls;

i9abQDxNbKD85.gif

Funk and Tanaka beating the hell out of each other;

iQi1wGbDIohqn.gif

Explosion matches are generally awesome when the explosions actually work;

iw92zlPAO85Xe.gif

Wait, two PPVs in October? For real?

EDIT: Whoa.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_pay-per-view_events#Upcoming_pay-per-view_schedule

Date Event Venue City Ref.
August 18, 2013 SummerSlam Staples Center Los Angeles, California [9]
September 15, 2013 Night of Champions Joe Louis Arena Detroit, Michigan [9]
October 6, 2013 Battleground First Niagara Center Buffalo, New York [9]
October 27, 2013 Hell in a Cell American Airlines Arena Miami, Florida [9]
November 24, 2013 Survivor Series TD Garden Boston, Massachusetts [9]
December 15, 2013 TLC Toyota Center Houston, Texas [9]
January 26, 2014 Royal Rumble CONSOL Energy Center Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
February 23, 2014 Elimination Chamber Target Center Minneapolis, Minnesota
April 6, 2014 WrestleMania XXX Mercedes-Benz Superdome New Orleans, Louisiana

Top Bottom