• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait, you're telling me Vince had the storylines with Road Dogg and Chyna already written out and he still agreed to jump ship? He must have really, really hated WCW.

Both him and the Giant left WCW for way less money upfront and more dates they had to work, admittedly with higher upsides.

Look at it this way, from 1998 on the only people who signed with WCW were the ones who for the most part weren't part of the company. Almost everyone who was working for them and had the chance to sign elsewhere did. Hell Raven could have smoothed over his problems with WCW and instead chose to take ten times less money to go back to an obviously dying ECW. Benoit left even though WCW was going to double the money the fed offered.

Giant and Jericho were canaries in the coal mine.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF Tonight:

Perspicacity (AKA Mr. Pepsi City) has a new entrance and is presented with the Equality Cup by Commissioner Htown!

Soulplaya is BACK and rumors about that he's bringing a friend!

The Frankman has words for Htown and the so-called "Equality Cup"

Dollars to Depths defend their tag titles - it's a MANDATORY defense, but who will challenge?

Strobogo, unhappy with his performance in the Equality Cup, takes an alternative route

Net_Wrecker still has his Money in the GWF Briefcase!

Sokantish has to face up to the allegations he spewed at Soulplaya, the result of which landed Soulplaya in the clink for a month or so!

AND MUCH MORE

Just got tv and Internet back. I have no clue what happened last night and am going in blond. Started summerslam so far Kane and Wyatt was boring. Christian was ROBBED, he rolled del rio over into a pin during the cross arm breaker. Fuck yeah Brock vs Punk starting

So how is Raw opening tonight.

HHH, Vince, and Orton together?

Orton alone?

Bryan alone?

I think its Orton, HHH, and McMahon all coming out. I just wonder if they get any heat

tm24

GWF Tonight:

Perspicacity (AKA Mr. Pepsi City) has a new entrance and is presented with the Equality Cup by Commissioner Htown!

Soulplaya is BACK and rumors about that he's bringing a friend!

The Frankman has words for Htown and the so-called "Equality Cup"

Dollars to Depths defend their tag titles - it's a MANDATORY defense, but who will challenge?

Strobogo, unhappy with his performance in the Equality Cup, takes an alternative route

Net_Wrecker still has his Money in the GWF Briefcase!

Sokantish has to face up to the allegations he spewed at Soulplaya, the result of which landed Soulplaya in the clink for a month or so!

AND MUCH MORE

Loving it!

Toki767

So how is Raw opening tonight.

HHH, Vince, and Orton together?

Orton alone?

Bryan alone?

I think its Orton, HHH, and McMahon all coming out. I just wonder if they get any heat
It needs to open with Bryan holding the show hostage until HHH comes out.

It'll probably open with Cena.

Ithil

I think it would be better if Bryan showed up in a surprise, ambushing Orton/HHH in the ring, instead of coming out for a promo.

So, ACW in Austin ran a show last night...

Let's just say they ran a show. Not their best effort.

Highlights for me were the return of Jessica James from her Japan tour vs. Su Yung, and holy shit did Angel Blue do a fucking FULL MUTA-level blade job in her match vs. Jack Jameson.

Really, I'd love to post photos of this spectacular gigging, but I'm afraid it would offend everyone but Boots...

The rest of the show was just killed by Evan Gelistico being booked to do run-ins like a million times during the show and cutting bad promos. Matthew Palmer and Davy Vega tried to pull the show outta the ditch with a good match, but even those two guys couldn't save it.

Not good, ACW. Not good at all. (And you guys KNOW I love the product 99% of the time.)

Highlights for me were the return of Jessica James from her Japan tour vs. Su Yung, and holy shit did Angel Blue do a fucking FULL MUTA-level blade job in her match vs. Jack Jameson.

Really, I'd love to post photos of this spectacular gigging, but I'm afraid it would offend everyone but Boots...

i'm actually sorta curious, when you put it that way. ACW in general has seemed pretty cool looking to me, but i haven't watched any of it

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, ACW in Austin ran a show last night...

Let's just say they ran a show. Not their best effort.

The rest of the show was just killed by Evan Gelistico being booked to do run-ins like a million times during the show and cutting bad promos. Matthew Palmer and Davy Vega tried to pull the show outta the ditch with a good match, but even those two guys couldn't save it.

Not good, ACW. Not good at all. (And you guys KNOW I love the product 99% of the time.)

That's crazy, ACW usually is held to a much higher standard, and you speak of them most glowingly. What happened to em?

Post photos.

somedevil

I want Cena to "leave" via Punt tonight

Most likely because they got to remove that baseball from his elbow:

7ucFx8B.jpg

Top Bottom