• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Alucard

Banned
Seconded, it was a great match! Styles/Aries was good too but really TITO overshadowed them with his excellent debut

While Ortiz's debut was the very definition of awkward, it wasn't what I'll remember from last week's Impact. We got a good match between Hernandez and Roode, a TV MOTY contender between Sabin and Manik, and a very good main event between Styles and Aries. Lots of solid action for a 2-hour show.

Botchamania got too big for its own good. WWE okaying what he can or can't put in the videos? smh

Hipster Botchamania >>> Mainstream Botchamania

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I'd like a Kaitlyn shirt, I don't want a Kaitlyn shirt to broadcast my fantasies out loud.

Razorskin

----- ------
Interesting

He's still losing at Summer Slam

Botchamania got too big for its own good. WWE okaying what he can or can't put in the videos? smh

Hipster Botchamania >>> Mainstream Botchamania

Yeah since when did WWE do that?

It's cool that two divas have shirts, but there's nothing on the front of that shirt that would indicate that it's a Kaitlyn shirt

It's pleases both the Kaitlyn and pony fans at once.

AWESOME, looks like they're taping a 'pilot', of sorts, for World of Sport Wrestling to return to ITV here in the UK!

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb10974041.htm

Fuck yes. The promotion contracted to provide the talent is LDN Wrestling. I'm not familiar with their roster, other than the mostly semi-retired veterans from WoS like Johnny Saint, Johnny Kid & Mal Sanders, but hopefully if this is successful we'll see some other top British talents involved. Zack Sabre Jr. would be a perfect fit.

Here's a few World of Sports matches just for the hell of it. Educate yourselves, yanks ;)

Mal Sanders vs 'Cyanide' Sid Cooper
Johnny Saint vs Steve Grey
Fit Finlay vs Grasshopper
Les Kellet vs Leon Arras
Dynamite Kid vs Marty Jones

Man, seems like ages ago since ITV said something on twitter about WoS coming back! I thought it'd be archive footage, but no, it's brand new shows?! OH YEAH!

Ok my bro's,

What do you expect tonight?

Bryan Danielson comes out instead of Daniel Bryan

tumblr_loyalpoFvb1r0nj1po1_400.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Bryan Danielson comes out instead of Daniel Bryan

GET READY TO MARK OUT.

Really though, Danielson didn't want the WWE owning his name, which is why he changed it. We will neeeeeever see Bryan Danielson in a WWE ring. I'm okay with it. I'm also okay with Bryan dropping the beard and crazy hair.

Alucard

Banned
I do see Bryan changing his look either before Summerslam due to a corporate makeover, or after Summerslam after getting screwed by Randy Orton for the title. I also see him semi-main eventing Wrestlemania and coming out as champion.

GET READY TO MARK OUT.

Really though, Danielson didn't want the WWE owning his name, which is why he changed it. We will neeeeeever see Bryan Danielson in a WWE ring. I'm okay with it. I'm also okay with Bryan dropping the beard and crazy hair.

Well they call him Bryan Danielson on Total Divas so one step closer

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck yes. The promotion contracted to provide the talent is LDN Wrestling. I'm not familiar with their roster, other than the mostly semi-retired veterans from WoS like Johnny Saint, Johnny Kid & Mal Sanders, but hopefully if this is successful we'll see some other top British talents involved. Zack Sabre Jr. would be a perfect fit.

Here's a few World of Sports matches just for the hell of it. Educate yourselves, yanks ;)

Mal Sanders vs 'Cyanide' Sid Cooper
Johnny Saint vs Steve Grey
Fit Finlay vs Grasshopper
Les Kellet vs Leon Arras
Dynamite Kid vs Marty Jones

I watched ALL of these after I finished Day 4 of the G1. Johnny Saint still impresses me with how ROUGH it looks like he works. Really wild submission style I enjoy a lot. I also really liked Sid Cooper - a lot.

I can't keep up! I am shocked WOS is ACTUALLY happening though.

Really though, Danielson didn't want the WWE owning his name, which is why he changed it.

You got it a little backwards. WWE can't keep the trademark of someone's actual name. You always have the right to your own name. So WWE refused to let D. Brine wrestle under his name.

El-Suave

From Bryan's second new shirt it looks like the beard is staying:
W05624.jpg

The parody shirt thing didn't work out too well for Punk though.

Kaladin

You got it a little backwards. WWE can't keep the trademark of someone's actual name. You always have the right to your own name. So WWE refused to let D. Brine wrestle under his name.

Pretty much. They got tired of wrestlers making a name for themselves and going elsewhere, using that name.

Though, I think they got a bit of their own medicine with Christian when TNA realized you can't trademark the word christian and just changed his name to Christian Cage.

From Bryan's second new shirt it looks like the beard is staying:
W05624.jpg

The parody shirt thing didn't work out too well for Punk though.

Two things wrong with that shirt, #1) That is the most god awful ugly shirt I have ever seen and I wouldn't wear it in public.....seriously, it's even worse than the shirt it is parodying. #2) YES! YES! != YES!

Kaladin

The only redeeming quality of the Daniel Bryan beard shirts is that it can be worn by people with long beards and it doesn't look like a wrestling shirt.....it looks like a beard guy shirt.

jred2k

What's the conversion rate on Yes!'s? Two Yes!'s to make one Yes! seems like a bad deal.

I also wish Kaitlyn's first shirt made allusions to her being a violent thug.

Kaladin

What's the conversion rate on Yes!'s? Two Yes!'s to make one Yes! seems like a bad deal.

I also wish Kaitlyn's first shirt made allusions to her being a violent thug.

Two Yes! should equal a No!

It would be a weird reverse double negative or something.

They can't change that bum's look because it'll break the continuity of the WWE's hottest property, Total Divas.

Look for him to sport a white shirt and tie, tucked into dark sweatpants and high-top sneakers. Lot's of pomade in his hair to slick it back and his beard done up in a braid.

Cagey

Banned
Source: F4WOnline

He's gonna do it for his son and take out the impostor Ryback at WMXXX book it!

The first month of Goldberg coming back, wrecking shit, looking mean, and threatening to murder John Cena dead would be glorious.

The inevitable loss at the first PPV and slide back into mid-card irrelevance would be depressing.

Alright Nerds you win im watching NJPW G1 Climax Day 1

I still don't get the back of Cena's shirt RTIME=NOW is that some ignorant way of saying Our time? its dumb

Man, that fucking serial killer look from Brodus.

Also, some AJ Lee fans are scary - I was browsing twitter and clicked on a link to Jay Lethal's ask.fm and it's full of people asking him shit about AJ which he clearly has no intention of answering, yet they keep asking. Seems innocent enough, other than the fact that they're harassing AJ's ex for scraps of personal information about her, but whatever. "What is your favorite AJ photoshoot?‎" - I don't have one, Jay responds. One guy is seemingly desperate to know what AJ needs glasses for; "what type of eye disease has AJ?‎" (next month's OT title?), while another asks; "You know if AJ Lee likes children or she want to be a mother one day?‎" and "Is it weird for you seeing AJ kiss other guys on tv?". Creepy.

Man, that fucking serial killer look from Brodus.

Also, some AJ Lee fans are scary - I was browsing twitter and clicked on a link to Jay Lethal's ask.fm and it's full of people asking him shit about AJ which he clearly has no intention of answering, yet they keep asking. Seems innocent enough, other than the fact that they're harassing AJ's ex for scraps of personal information about her, but whatever. "What is your favorite AJ photoshoot?‎" - I don't have one, Jay responds. One guy is seemingly desperate to know what AJ needs glasses for; "what type of eye disease has AJ?‎" (next month's OT title?), while another asks; "You know if AJ Lee likes children or she want to be a mother one day?‎" and "Is it weird for you seeing AJ kiss other guys on tv?". Creepy.

F-ing Aiii Spindashing, man...

XenoRaven

I was thinking about watching RAW live today and then I realized there's a ton of NJPW matches up on YouTube so that made my decision easy.

I was thinking about watching RAW live today and then I realized there's a ton of NJPW matches up on YouTube so that made my decision easy.

Yeah, that'll put butts in the seats.

Now watch as this thread jumps 10 pages throughout the course of the Raw.

I think it's time to revisit the idea of leaving this place for Bootaaay and his ilk and making a WWE thread; tired of these hipsters.

It's like King of Trios season, only 5x worse.

mouserat

Neo Member
does anyone know why the Bella twins were released in 2012? Total Divas has turned my g/f into a wannabe reality TV smark

Kaladin

Yeah, that'll put butts in the seats.

Now watch as this thread jumps 10 pages throughout the course of the Raw.

I think it's time to revisit the idea of leaving this place for Bootaaay and his ilk and making a WWE thread; tired of these hipsters.

It's like King of Trios season, only 5x worse.

It technically would be King of Trios season if Chikara was still around.

Top Bottom