• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Khrysler hopefully you don't like Devitt anymore! ARRRRGH!

I hate Devitt with all my soul. Prince? That fool's a pauper.

Thanks for the welcome Sunflower!

And I may still call him Prince, but Devitt's a Real Rock n Rolla for sure.

And I like how he pretty much insults anybody on his twitter feed lol.

Sokantish

Current fave five: (aka the current 5 that are entertaining me right now)

1. Prince Devitt
2. Kazuchika Okada
3. Bray Wyatt
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. CM Punk

Lifetime Fave five (aka I'll be forever a fan of these people in all eternity)
1. TAKA Michinoku
2. Chris Jericho
3. John Morrison
4. Kurt Angle
5. Lita

Wow, Daniel Bryan hater over here...

Kaladin

tumblr_mpdmzu74ZB1r1eqygo1_500.png

Yes.......yes....yes.

Penguin

I have his Greatest Hits and Misses DVD. Got a ton of respect for him after watching that and listening to him talk about some of his matches. I'd be up for buying a full-fledged doc. What's it called?

I'm part of this group, but what if Cena loses but Orton cashes in due to Macmahon's urging?

I believe it's called "For All of Mankind"

And looks like we're living in the Total Divas era

The replay of WWE’s Total Divas reality show, which aired immediately after RAW on the USA Network, drew 1.51 million viewers. This is even better than the show's series premiere on Sunday night, which did 1.34 million viewers on the E! Network.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if my eyes are screwed up and CM Punk is this big, monstrous, intimidating guy and not some guy with Jeff Jarrett's body.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ah, the when Melina got Batista Bombed, so to speak? I remember that.
He was trying to get into acting after the E dropped him from what I remember, never signed with TNA, made some "comedy" videos making fun of Undertakers red hair and Triple H's nose.

Forkball

What ever happened to The Miz?

He came to play. No one cared.

But yeah, his fall is pretty shocking. Back in 2009-2010, he was the most entertaining person on Raw. He cut good promos that had energy and a bit of smarkiness to them, and his in-ring work improved greatly over his time when he was in the tag with Morrison. He had a long US title reign and was even the tag champ at the same time, and overall was booked pretty well. He even walked out of Wrestlemania as the champ in the main event, which should have been a career maker, but really he was overshadowed by the whole Rock/Cena thing and after he lost the title, the WWE had nothing for him. His promo work was also less of a novelty since Jericho and Punk became more prominent at that time. Really, Miz became popular at a time when the roster was lacking, but eventually became overshadowed.

His face work is pretty terrible, though I think he has the potential to be a good face since he was such an enjoyable heel. The problem WWE has with turning people face is that they totally change their persona. The same thing is happening with Henry now. They should just keep the best part about their characters, but instead they fight bad guys. Look at Austin and Rock. When they turned face for the first time, they still retained pretty much everything about their personalities, they just directed their insults and frustrations on heels instead of faces.

tm24

Card sounds stacked. How was it overall? RockNES Monsters are always great fun in tag matches. I know Elgin is part of the opposition, so that should be good.

It was pretty amazing live,despite the fact that the show ran way late. The Iron Man match was super frenzied. Cole's live commentary while kicking Sami's around the ring was pretty great live

Still don't get why idiots try to jump wrestlers - because you think it's fake, you think they're going to "fake" hit you? You'd think the last thing you'd want to do is hit guys as jacked as them.

Big E coming after you would be fucking terrifying. I wouldn't even know what to do. Hope his singlet catches in his ass funny and takes him down maybe.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i dont know man, shibata was in the crowd in that japanese show. pretty sure he could take any of the wwe guys
tumblr_mnfrqwxTB91qhjbxeo1_250.gif

The G1 press conference just finished. Nothing much happened. Yujiro had one of his JAV models with him, which kept making Yano laugh. Suzuki wasn't amused though, as he attacked Yujiro before storming out;

iNFDgzSYH2W0E.jpg

The line-up (minus Suzuki) posed for the press and the conference finished;

ibnY1YDW1xzE1L.jpg

The girl is Ami Kasai, in case anyone was wondering.

JustinBB7

Wait Christian will go against Del Rio for the title at Summerslam?!

Cool, didn't know. But then again I doubt he will win..

Jamie OD

Damn that Leo Kruger for ambushing Randy Orton!

If they want to debut Kruger on the main roster, there's his kayfabe entry into the company.

Aiii

So not worth it
Damn that Leo Kruger for ambushing Randy Orton!

If they want to debut Kruger on the main roster, there's his kayfabe entry into the company.

Actually, that might be exactly what is happening.

There's a kayfabe article:
WWE.com has learned that Randy Orton was violently attacked by an audience member during a SmackDown World Tour Live Event in Cape Town, South Africa, this evening. Footage of the attack was captured by a WWE fan and posted to YouTube, and shows the perpetrator striking Orton from behind. The matter is currently under investigation by the local authorities, and the South African fan is being held in jail pending criminal charges. The extent of Orton's injuries are unknown at this time.

Watch video of the attack

Stick with WWE.com for updates.

Plus they uploaded the video to their own website/YT Channel.

I think there's more evidence for this being fake than for the opposite. And yes, Kruger is billed from Cape Town, so that'd be a great way to introduce him.

Striker

As much as I would like to see the King of the Ring return, WWE now has Money In The Bank to elevate the current generation of midcarders.
It used to be the Intercontinental title, then became the KotR, drifted a while, and then went to the MitB (one person per until it expanded). It's better when guys who've yet to step in the main event get the briefcase. Having Cena winning, for instance, was downright dumb.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I rather wish they would do another Deadly Games tournament. Partly just so they would reuse the theme again, and partly because I think it's a great way to finish numerous feuds and create new ones all at the same big focus.

Good Friends, Better Enemies wouldn't be so bad either as a one-off return of some mad GM ox intentions to ruin everyone's friendships because no one likes him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i can't make shit on these steam items of mine. 30 cents fuck dat. can't even sell my tf2 stuff that would be worth anything like l4d items

mouserat

Neo Member
I think that fan in SA was confused by the intertwining realities of the E and Total Divas. he decided to mount a genuine assault on Randy Orton using a kayfabe Chyna style low-blow. Orton only added to the guy's confusion by giving him a genuine punt. then they took him to jail like Stone Cold, I bet he was expecting Vince McMahon to cut a promo on him.

can we refer to WWE reality as 'the E' and Total Divas reality as 'the E!' ?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Playing Borderlands 2 on my PC with all the FX just reminded me that I have a good computer and I should buy any this gen games on it instead of on consoles, like Batman and Saint's Row.

Borderlands 2 is still garbage though.

Finally sobered up enough to post. Had a funeral today for a high school friend who committed suicide last week. Fucking sucks. 26 is way, way too young to die.

WWE sucks compared to NJPW. That's not my fault. WWE is coming around but it's still not on NJPW's level.

I feel for wrasslin peasants.

Real talk here. WWE is merely decent, people just think it's great because they've been suffering through 12-13 years of shit. NJPW, on the other hand, is fucking amazing. There's such a huge gap between the two promotions it's embarrassing.

I feel like it's gotta be Shibata, Naito, or Nakamura. Shibata probably has the most momentum, but I think a Nakamura win would be most interesting overall. Suzuki-gun has lost all their titles, Devitt just lost to Okada, so an inner struggle within CHAOS would be cool while the other stables try to regain some prominence.

I wish Suzuki would win though. :(

Way too early for Naito and he just lost to Tanaka, so I don't think he has much of a chance. Better to slowly build him back up after his injury and give him a push next year I think.

Shibata should be next in line for a title shot but I don't think he'll win the G1, headline Wrestle Kingdom 8 or carry around the silly briefcase. I could see him beating Okada to set that match up in the future though.

The other option you didn't bring up is Tanahashi but his injured back will probably keep him out of the title picture for a while and after the G1, I think he'll mostly be in tag matches.

Nakamura's the one that makes the most sense. It's about time he got back into the heavyweight title picture, his swag can pull off the briefcase with ease and the CHAOS feud will make Wrestle Kingdom 8 really interesting.

Top Bottom