• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Jamie OD

Real talk here. WWE is merely decent, people just think it's great because they've been suffering through 12-13 years of shit. NJPW, on the other hand, is fucking amazing. There's such a huge gap between the two promotions it's embarrassing.

WWE puts out so much content every week I am bound to find something I can catch up with and enjoy. That stuff is NXT, Main Event and parts of Raw and Smackdown.

Way too early for Naito and he just lost to Tanaka, so I don't think he has much of a chance. Better to slowly build him back up after his injury and give him a push next year I think.

Shibata should be next in line for a title shot but I don't think he'll win the G1, headline Wrestle Kingdom 8 or carry around the silly briefcase. I could see him beating Okada to set that match up in the future though.

The other option you didn't bring up is Tanahashi but his injured back will probably keep him out of the title picture for a while and after the G1, I think he'll mostly be in tag matches.

Nakamura's the one that makes the most sense. It's about time he got back into the heavyweight title picture, his swag can pull off the briefcase with ease and the CHAOS feud will make Wrestle Kingdom 8 really interesting.

This is why the G1 is so great, there's so much potential, it's really hard to tell where it's going to go - if Naito's ready (and I'm not sure that he is), I could see he being one of the major players in his block, either with a streak of wins early on, or a late rush towards the end. A lot depends, however, on how they're handling the briefcase this year - Okada has said if he wins he won't defend the title until Tokyo Dome (so Okada isn't winning, basically), whereas Shibata has said that if he wins he won't wait for the Tokyo Dome. Up until Tanahashi & Okada were announced in the same block, I was sure they were going for Okada vs Tanahashi V at Wrestle Kingdom, but now I agree with you, Tanahashi probably won't win this year. Realistically, I could see a few scenarios, from most to least likely;

. Shibata wins, challenges Okada for the next big PPV (Destruction, on September 29th)
. Nakamura wins, waits for Tokyo Dome to challenge Okada, but tensions rise between the two CHAOS members between now and then.
. Goto wins and, whether at Destruction or the Tokyo Dome, they finally pull the trigger on a IWGP title run for him.
. Naito wins and they build Naito vs Okada for the Dome.
. Anderson wins, becoming the first gaijin to do so in 24 years.
. Suzuki wins, the CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun feud continues and Suzuki defeats Okada at the Tokyo Dome.

LiquidSolid said:
Real talk here. WWE is merely decent, people just think it's great because they've been suffering through 12-13 years of shit. NJPW, on the other hand, is fucking amazing. There's such a huge gap between the two promotions it's embarrassing.

If you're solely looking for the best in-ring product on the planet, then yeah, I agree that there's just no beating New Japan - but, that's not to say there haven't been some fantastic matches in WWE this year, it's just that it is a different style and presentation and a fair few people simply prefer that style.

strobogo

Banned
I had a dream where I met Sunflower and instead of shaking his hand I did the finger gun point to his chest with a smarmy look on my face.

I had a dream where Sting finally came to WWE and was making an announcement when the Shield (with a 4th member) attacked him. This led to Sting gathering a group of guys, perhaps even a squadron, and enacting WAR GAMES: THE MATCH BEYOND. It's the best way to bring back War Games that doesn't involve Dusty.

jmdajr

It sure seems like my kid's first word is "what(t)?"

"Hey baby how was your day today!?"

-"wha..?"

"Did you have fun!?"

-"wha..?"

"How about some yummies! You hungry?"

-"wha..?"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anderson winning the G1 is starting to sound even more tasty. It would absolutely cement him as a top tier star, as a gaijin winner, and he could get incredible heat. Just incredible. It's something to consider.

Naito? Not this year, unfortunately.

Nakamura isn't a bad pick, and I think finally putting CHAOS tensions out and displayed and acting on them could be amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want devitt to win now just to see sunny rage

ugh. if that happened I might stop watching NJPW, or say I would but watch it anyway. You know that routine people do in here when there's a bad Raw? "I'm done with WWE" then they're back? That'd be me.

Fuck Devitt.

Aiii

So not worth it
ugh. if that happened I might stop watching NJPW, or say I would but watch it anyway. You know that routine people do in here when there's a bad Raw? "I'm done with WWE" then they're back? That'd be me.

Fuck Devitt.

Can't giva TNA much credit at all, but one thing they consistently do right is turn away viewers from their product for prolonged periods of time.

"People hate Hulk Hogan? Lets employ his daughter!"

dream

wow@that RKO video. If there was ever a time to call someone the m-word, this would be it. RKO should have shootpunted the cser.

Aiii

So not worth it
wow@that RKO video. If there was ever a time to call someone the m-word, this would be it. RKO should have shootpunted the cser.

Come on now, we all know it's Big E who would legit fuck you up in this scenario. I'd be more worried about him.

dream

Come on now, we all know it's Big E who would legit fuck you up in this scenario. I'd be more worried about him.

I agree. I don't think anyone here would mind if Big E had beaten this m-word into a coma.

There was a UFC fan fest earlier this year where someone attacked The American Gangster Chael P. and security essentially took him to the back and beat the shit out of him. I think that should be the standard response when a fan attacks a sports entertainer. Beat them into comas.

krae_man

God dammit, I had front row by the entrance ramp, went all the way to the payment final click and decided to look in another window to see if I could grab front row opposite side of the camera. I was unable to so I decided to take my tickets when there was still a minute left. Then I got a "email addresses don't match error. So I had to retype those in. Then I submitted again and I got another error because the error deleted the security code of my credit card field and I didn't notice. So I do that and bam my cart has expired.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I quickly search again and of course it's gone. I do some more searches and find second row right behind the front row seat I had so I grabbed that. I should be two seats away from the ramp at most.

Second row is $100 cheaper and second row is fine so I'm not too beat up about it. But still would have been nice to have front row for a PPV.

Oh well. could have been worse. Good thing this PPV is going to sell like crap.

jmdajr

God dammit, I had front row by the entrance ramp, went all the way to the payment final click and decided to look in another window to see if I could grab front row opposite side of the camera. I was unable to so I decided to take my tickets when there was still a minute left. Then I got a "email addresses don't match error. So I had to retype those in. Then I submitted again and I got another error because the error deleted the security code of my credit card field and I didn't notice. So I do that and bam my cart has expired.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I quickly search again and of course it's gone. I do some more searches and find second row right behind the front row seat I had so I grabbed that. I should be two seats away from the ramp at most.

Second row is $100 cheaper and second row is fine so I'm not too beat up about it. But still would have been nice to have front row for a PPV.

Oh well. could have been worse. Good thing this PPV is going to sell like crap.

2nd row? Sounds good to me!

My TLC tix are ok. 100 bucks a piece with lower bowl direct center camera side.

Fuck Devitt.

Something against the Irish fella?

tumblr_mou042om9l1r9sew4o1_500.jpg

strobogo

Banned
I think all of the people online who have been so down on HHH over the years are straight up jealous. HHH has had the ultimate mark's dream come true kind of life. Grows up as a super mark for NWA and Ric Flair, plus WWF. Gets into the WWF and is a dominant world champion, gets to BE Ric Flair, with Flair as his Arn/JJ, gets his favorite band to write and perform his entrance music, gets to become a McMahon, and soon will get to be Vince.

Dude has had a straight up charmed life as a wrestling fan. People are just jelly.

Fuck Devitt.

I don't think there's any chance of Devitt winning, but judging by his comments in the press conference, he'll probably cause problems for quite a few people in his block;

"My main objective in the G1 is to cause as much trouble as possible and be a Real Rock 'n Rolla"

imPtJ5X3ms5rY.gif

Anderson winning the G1 is starting to sound even more tasty. It would absolutely cement him as a top tier star, as a gaijin winner, and he could get incredible heat. Just incredible. It's something to consider.

Naito? Not this year, unfortunately.

Nakamura isn't a bad pick, and I think finally putting CHAOS tensions out and displayed and acting on them could be amazing.

So let's just go ahead and pencil in Karl Anderson as the sentimental favorite for the G1 then :D

Naito is the Lex Luger of Japan dammit

Nakamura seems like the best bet, IMO. Doesn't seem like they're setting up for Anderson, Goto can bite it, and Nakamura just got through the stuff with La Sombra.

I don't think there's any chance of Devitt winning, but judging by his comments in the press conference, he'll probably cause problems for quite a few people in his block;

"My main objective in the G1 is to cause as much trouble as possible and be a Real Rock 'n Rolla"

imPtJ5X3ms5rY.gif

Oh shit he's gonna Tajiri all over this G1 isn't he

jmdajr

I think all of the people online who have been so down on HHH over the years are straight up jealous. HHH has had the ultimate mark's dream come true kind of life. Grows up as a super mark for NWA and Ric Flair, plus WWF. Gets into the WWF and is a dominant world champion, gets to BE Ric Flair, with Flair as his Arn/JJ, gets his favorite band to write and perform his entrance music, gets to become a McMahon, and soon will get to be Vince.

Dude has had a straight up charmed life as a wrestling fan. People are just jelly.

hhgif_zps46a1840a.gif
hhgif_zps46a1840a.gif
hhgif_zps46a1840a.gif

Pretty much, but with less green mist and more Bad Luck Fale.

Meh.

But also MOAR JACKET

Just give him a weapon to make his signature one and have him use it during the entire G1

Or fuck it just give him fireballs because Real Rock N' Rollas spit hot fire

All you Devitt haters can suck it.

AR Fox/Del Sol vs Young Bucks was a real fun match. Another solid show by PWG. I have yet to watch the main event though.

Kaladin

I thought about getting the G1 Climax, but I'm gonna pass. I'll watch what I can that shows up elsewhere. I just dropped $150 on a music festival I'm going to at the end of August and a lot of my spending $ is going to that.

strobogo

Banned
I think I'm going to watch the last NJPW show while riding my exercise bike today. I haven't done any exercising in months. It's time.

Jamie OD

Oh shit he's gonna Tajiri all over this G1 isn't he

Exactly what I was thinking when I heard his interview. For those that don't know, Tajiri entered the 2007 Champions Carnival with the goal to just mess up everyone's chances with fuck finishes like double countouts. He beat Minoru Suzuki by tying him to a barricade with rope and leaving him to get counted out if I remember correctly.

Exactly what I was thinking when I heard his interview. For those that don't know, Tajiri entered the 2007 Champions Carnival with the goal to just mess up everyone's chances with fuck finishes like double countouts. He beat Minoru Suzuki by tying him to a barricade with rope and leaving him to get counted out if I remember correctly.

The greatest goddamn tournament troll ever

It sure seems like my kid's first word is "what(t)?"
"Hey baby how was your day today!?"
-"wha..?"
"Did you have fun!?"
-"wha..?"
"How about some yummies! You hungry?"
-"wha..?"

At 19 months, my son has learned how to YES! properly. This can be prompted by saying, "Do Daniel Bryan!"

"Dah-Bry! YEA!" *raises arms*

jmdajr

At 19 months, my son has learned how to YES! properly. This can be prompted by saying, "Do Daniel Bryan!"

"Dah-Bry! YEA!" *raises arms*

Haha nice. Sometimes I wonder if I'm being a bad influence watching Raw with her.
Granted TV doesn't really capture her attention too much yet, but I'll catch her staring here and there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
FallingEdge likes:
- Prince Devitt
- Uguu Anime
- K-Pop
- Young Bucks

With this evidence, I have to conclude that we can no longer be friends, yet...we are. Logic has no meaning any more.

jred2k

I just wanted to post this for anyone looking to watch older PPVs. That guy has every PPV from 1998-2006 on his channel, I believe.

I hope they don't get taken down soon, I'm trying to watch a SummerSlam everyday leading up to SS 2013 and this has been a great resource.

strobogo

Banned
FallingEdge likes:
- Prince Devitt
- Uguu Anime
- K-Pop
- Young Bucks

With this evidence, I have to conclude that we can no longer be friends, yet...we are. Logic has no meaning any more.

Bootaaay is a fully fledged Natzaaay and you don't seem to have much of a problem with him, either. Mr. Flower is a little more accepting than the real Vince, I guess.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bootaaay is a fully fledged Natzaaay and you don't seem to have much of a problem with him, either. Mr. Flower is a little more accepting than the real Vince, I guess.

It might be a racial bias. I've got blue eyes. Born with blond hair.

Top Bottom