• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

happy about the third and fourth result. just to see those two lose.
I had to check to make sure but this was actually a spoiler since I know your hatred too well at this point, I didn't need names, I just knew.

So Wrestle-GAF, should I buy this?

http://i.imgur.com/fPBnWlB.png[IMG]

Due to this?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/8xqmSCim.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Well the beard is indeed there, it would be fitting.

Aiii

So not worth it
New Japan announcers sure love to namedrop WWE during Shelton Benjamin and Archer matches, don't they?

So Boot, what's the story with Toru Yano pimping his DVD all the time?

ibgdO3HayWX9pX.gif

BAH GAWD, that Okada vs Shibata match was pretty damn awesome. Can't wait to see an extended version somewhere down the line!

Nagata vs Nakamura next, oh my.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Waaah I just woke up and am heading to work as amazing matches happen :(

G1 Day 6 results;

Shelton Benjamin beat Kota Ibushi with Paydirt
Toru Yano beat Karl Anderson with the Akakiri roll-up
Davey Boy Smith Jr. beat Tomohiro Ishii with a sit-out powerbomb
Minoru Suzuki beat Yujiro Takahashi with the Gotch-style piledriver
Togi Makabe beat Lance Archer with the King Kong Knee Drop
Hiroyoshi Tenzan beat Tetsuya Naito with a moonsault press
Prince Devitt beat Satoshi Kojima with Bloody Sunday
Kazuchika Okada beat Katsuyori Shibata with the Rainmaker
Shinsuke Nakamura beat Yuji Nagata with the Boma Ye
Hiroshi Tanahashi beat Hirooki Goto with the High Fly Flow

Better show than yesterday's, far better crowd as well. DBS Jr. vs Ishii, Devitt vs Kojima, Okada vs Shibata, Nakamura vs Nagata & Tanahashi vs Goto are all well worth checking out. Tana/Goto was probably the best match of the day, while Okada/Shibata felt like an awesome piece of a larger match. Really hope that match happens again sometime soon. Nagata vs Nakamura was excellent as well, very well paced, and DBS Jr. vs Ishii was a nice slugfest. Good show, overall.

Ithil

That's the third night of the G1 with Tanahashi staying at the end to interact with all the fans, and I mean ALL the fans. He's a hell of a face.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, with the G1 results starting to form a little bit...is everyones' picks still the same?

I am INCREDIBLY sad Devitt may make it to the finals.
After a slow start, Nakamura is in the lead in his block but there's an EIGHT way tie for second. If Nak gets 2 losses, which is VERY possible, almost anyone can take it there in his block.

Fuck. I don't know. I still think Shibata will make it, but certain people have to consistently lose for these things to happen.

Aiii

So not worth it
The two Devitt matches I've seen have been alot of fun though, am I missing something, is he supposed to suck?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The two Devitt matches I've seen have been alot of fun though, am I missing something, is he supposed to suck?

He's a fucking prick. That happens to be good in the ring. Fuckin asshole, that's what he is! Fuck Devitt! Even Prince Iaukea is a better Prince than Devitt!

He's such a fucking asshole.

I'm having a tough time making predictions for the finals - I want it to be Nakamura vs Goto, but I don't think it'll end up quite like that. There's so many ways they could go.

Nah, Devitt's awesome, but Sunny despises him and some people don't like that style with so much interference and ref distraction. I'm fine with it, as it obviously works, there's a ton of heat on Devitt & the Bullet Club.

Sunflower said:
Even Prince Iaukea is a better Prince than Devitt!

Come on now, don't let your hate blind you to such preposterous degrees. That way leads only to the darkside.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Devitt is a little bastard who is suffering from a Napoleon Complex. He's a disgrace to my home country.

He's just a little piece of shit that needs some serious bullying.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny? More like Cloudy, amirite?

Aiii? More like DURRRRRRR am I correct?

FUCK DEVITT. I have no problems with interference-heavy matches, especially since his matches are generally the only ones with that so it's not overdone. The little bastard just looks like a little piece of shit. I want to flush him.

Hiroyojiman Shelzan

FUCK DEVITT. I have no problems with interference-heavy matches, especially since his matches are generally the only ones with that so it's not overdone. The little bastard just looks like a little piece of shit. I want to flush him.

You just wish you were as reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal as Devitt.

iXOdFVRLLyMZ5.gif

Here, I made an avatar for you;

i6VHjzoh9oQ2w.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People are calling Ishii the new Tenryu

he's not that old yet but I can see it . I see more of a Scott Steiner/Norton in their prime but whatever and not just because of the screwdriver.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It feels like Devitt is getting reeeeeaaaaaaal comfortable in his new role. I love it. He and Karl are gold.

KARL is amazing. Devitt is NOT. I hope Karl buries Devitt in the near future, but I also don't like Karl as a face, so...I guess I gotta just deal with it.

he's not that old yet but I can see it . I see more of a Scott Steiner/Norton in their prime but whatever and not just because of the screwdriver.

I dunno, I feel like Ishii is the new Ishii - no need for comparisons! I've always been kinda mild on Ishii in the past and didn't give him his due, but his Day 4 match made me wake up.

Aiii

So not worth it
Come on guys, lets all put Devitt on #1 in our Fave Fives so Sunny can be like Bean and get all legit pissed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Come on guys, lets all put Devitt on #1 in our Fave Fives so Sunny can be like Bean and get all legit pissed.

It's fine if you put him in your Fave Five, but I know that's fraudulent as Devitt doesn't deserve to be in anyone's really. He's a poor person that's bad at life.

God damn his excellent heel tactics.

Dragonzord said:

He's not NEARLY grumpy enough the be the new Tenryu, just yet.

No one's as grumpy as old man Tenryu. No one.

Ishii's chop/elbow combination does bear a resemblance to Tenryu's, though;

ijLY7E0vsEcxP.gif

Plus, his love of powerbombs. And hitting people really hard.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tenryu's incomparable really. Also his THEME, so amazing.

v8YD9ge.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NJPW should really take advantage of the popularity of that Ultimo Dragon photo and photoshop it with Yano

GO7AwcE.jpg

Note the duct tape with 'Toru Yano' where it should say KENTA
CmIbdYI.jpg

WesQhEq.jpg
A B I L I T Y
Realize right now, you will never have this many belts with you and this many DVDs to sell.

Top Bottom