• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

dream

Get outta here with all the praise for Cena's promo btw. It was the same crap he's been cutting for the last 6 years anytime he's had anyone with decent mic skills to bounce off of. Almost word for word. "Blah blah blah respect, blah blah blah for the fans blah blah blah look at the people who've jobbed for me blah blah blah you're not in my league yet blah blah blah beat me and you will EARN the respect blah blah blah this is you most important match"

I'm not falling for that nonsense. He's still a bum.

But I feel like he's right. More than any demographic, the WWE is for children, and the way Cena resonates with sick children constantly gets overlooked.

UberTag

But I feel like he's right. More than any demographic, the WWE is for children, and the way Cena resonates with sick children constantly gets overlooked.
At least when Rey bonded with the kiddies I felt it was genuine.
But then Cena is so manufactured, it's hard to relate to anything he does as being genuine.

How is it overlooked when WWE makes video packages for it. The whole roster does that stuff but it isn't thrown in the spotlight.

Knox

Ugh, Cena. That promo felt like classic Cena sabotaging the other person by diffusing anything the other person could say. He literally talked about helping a kid with cancer, how do you respond to that? He did the same thing with the Rock by making fun of himself so much it took all the ammunition away.

Because he can't say anything else so he has to resort to cheap shit like that. Too bad it doesn't work against The Rock, HHH, or Punk. They just throw it right back.

Did they? Last I remembered Punk informed everyone how much he respected Cena, the whole point of Bryan's feud is that he doesn't respect Cena but he's unable to actually elaborate on why beyond "You're not a wrestler!" because that will ruin the image of Cena that the WWE pushes down every-bodies throat.

It just annoyed me because it flat out killed Bryan's nuclear heat with the crowed. He wasn't allowed to point out why Cena's "I'm so special, I do everything for the fans!" stick is bullshit and it made him look like a selfish jerk who only cared about being the better wrestler.

UberTag

Kids love roided up adulterers. They loved Edge too.
not-jason-bateman_original_original.gif

Using Make A Wish kids in your promo constantly is like the babyface equivalent of cheap heat. That stuff should be kept out of promos. There's nothing anyone can comeback with without looking like a TOTAL douche. I call foul on Cena's usage of sick children.

Ithil

Everyone remotely notable in WWE does work for Make A Wish and charities. Cena's work is the only one that gets airtime on WWE and video packages for it, thus I find it a hollow talking point. Especially Cena's story about the sick kid that only wanted to see Cena, when Bryan has done the exact same thing, with a sick boy that was Bryan's biggest fan and only wanted to see him.

dream

How is it overlooked when WWE makes video packages for it. The whole roster does that stuff but it isn't thrown in the spotlight.

But I think it means more coming from the face of the company. I remember reading a crazy stat from the Observer that said something like Cena works like 320 days a year, divided between rasslin and charity. I think that's something the marks tend to ignore when they're bitching about "5 moves of doom" and "same old shit" while clamoring for a world champion that does space flying tiger drops and rolling germans.

UberTag

Everyone remotely notable in WWE does work for Make A Wish and charities. Cena's work is the only one that gets airtime on WWE and video packages for it, thus I find it a hollow talking point.
Someone will call Cena out on his hypocrisy eventually. I have faith.

But I think it means more coming from the face of the company. I remember reading a crazy stat from the Observer that said something like Cena works like 320 days a year, divided between rasslin and charity. I think that's something the marks tend to ignore when they're bitching about "5 moves of doom" and "same old shit" while clamoring for a world champion that does space flying tiger drops and rolling germans.
The Miz could do that shit for 365 days out of the year. Doesn't mean I'd want him as perpetual champion, no-selling everyone, cutting his opposition's legs out from under them and it wouldn't make his figure four any better, either.

Did they? Last I remembered Punk informed everyone how much he respected Cena, the whole point of Bryan's feud is that he doesn't respect Cena but he's unable to actually elaborate on why beyond "You're not a wrestler!" because that will ruin the image of Cena that the WWE pushes down every-bodies throat.

It just annoyed me because it flat out killed Bryan's nuclear heat with the crowed. He wasn't allowed to point out why Cena's "I'm so special, I do everything for the fans!" stick is bullshit and it made him look like a selfish jerk who only cared about being the better wrestler.

You're correct. This is one of those times where HHH against Cena could work as Hunter just doesn't give a fuck.

Using Make A Wish kids in your promo constantly is like the babyface equivalent of cheap heat. That stuff should be kept out of promos. There's nothing that the heel can comeback with without looking like a TOTAL douche. I call foul on Cena's usage of sick children.
"nothing makes me sadder than to see sick children waste their wishes on you"

or something. Too much?

Kaladin

I do love how WWE sometimes makes it seem like if you're fighting Cena, you are fighting for cancer or something. Especially when Cena was wearing all pink.

Kaladin

what an awful match this is
i'm not even watching anymore, just listening in
bring back Summer Rae and the dance off

I'm over battle royals. They're the laziest match to both book and work. Seriously, I dare you to find an easier match type.

UberTag

I'm over battle royals. They're the laziest match to both book and work. Seriously, I dare you to find an easier match type.
A Kelly Kelly divas match where she flails around delivering weak-limbed offense and small packages her opponent to win.

Battle royals are a close 2nd, though.

"nothing makes me sadder than to see sick children waste their wishes on you"

or something. Too much?

See that's good, but it only works for a complete jerkface heel who's willing to dip into X-Pac heat territory. Daniel Bryan can't do that. Hell, NO ONE in the company can say that right now, but that's another topic.

It's just cheap. Cena's using cheat codes and his opponents can't even do nothing. There's no mods on the server, there's no punkbuster, there's no nothing.

Top Bottom