• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's a really dope Planet of the Apes retrospective going up soon at legitshook.com that has me wanting to watch the original again, really really badly. I haven't seen it since I was a child, and didn't get it.

Menome

Best Movie of All Time™: Flash Gordon

The rest of my Top 10 in no particular order:

• Ghostbusters
  • Some Like It Hot
  • Videodrome
  • Batman Returns
  • The Blues Brothers
  • Evil Dead II
  • The Goonies
  • Terminator 2
  • Alien/s (It's a double-bill movie for me. Two parts of one whole story)

11-20:
The Lion King
Alice In Wonderland (Disney)
The Odd Couple
The Matrix
Time Bandits
Rear Window
Coraline
Labyrinth
Groundhog Day
The Thing

Chamber

love on your sleeve
zgMXMHB.gif

Age of Ultron was decent, just not anything I'd call great. Terminator Gensysysysysysysysys is down in the Fantastic Four shit pile and even tries to take Terminator 1 and 2 down with it. Damn millenials and their need to label everything as either GREAT or SHIT

At least Age of Ultron woke a few people up to the fact that Joss Whedon is kind of a hack

I forgot about F4 but that simply means the two worst movies of the summer were based on Marvel comic characters. Dragon Ball Z is the only good comic book movie this year.

imBask

Banned
TOP BEST MOVIES EVER:
no order :

Pulp Fiction
Whiplash
Godfather 2
Fast and Furious 1-3-5-6-7
Scott Pilgrim
Inglorious Basterds
Interstellar
Dark Knight
Slapshot
Shaun of the dead

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

• Ghostbusters
  • Some Like It Hot
  • Videodrome
  • Batman Returns
  • The Blues Brothers
  • Evil Dead II
  • The Goonies
  • Terminator 2

11-20:
The Lion King
The Odd Couple
The Matrix
Time Bandits
Rear Window
Coraline
Labyrinth
Groundhog Day
The Thing

Ghostbusters is also one of those perfect movies I can't really fault in any possible way.

• Ghostbusters
  • Some Like It Hot
  • Videodrome
  • Batman Returns
  • The Blues Brothers
  • Evil Dead II
  • The Goonies
  • Terminator 2

11-20:
The Lion King
The Odd Couple
The Matrix
Time Bandits
Rear Window
Coraline
Labyrinth
Groundhog Day
The Thing

Both are great, but I really love the second list. That's a great mix of movies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Boyz N The Hood is ok but maybe not as great as I hear people talk about it. It's way better than Menace though. Only thing I liked about Menace was Samuel L Jackson at the start.

Juice is SUPER lame, but I love the soundtrack.

started buyin' up some criterion movies today actually, friends. levelin' up from babby hobbies like collecting kideos and moving onto the world of collecting the works of a bullshit curation committee, that happens to do very good BR transfers.

Sephzilla

I forgot about F4 but that simply means the two worst movies of the summer were based on Marvel comic characters. Dragon Ball Z is the only good comic book movie this year.

Ant-Man, bro.

Also, lets be fair here, Shittastic Four is a marvel property but Marvel doesn't have much say in those movies since they don't own the movie rights.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'll give you Ant-Man, friend. Ant-Man, Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy are the only MCU movies I've liked at all and my enjoyment of Guardians is somewhat dampened by overzealous Chris Pratt fanboys.

Sephzilla

The Marvel movies i've enjoyed the least are the Thor movies and the sequels to Iron Man. I'd like to see DC kick Marvel in the ass a little in order to keep Marvel from getting complacent, but if Man of Steel is any indication that kick aint happening.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My Pentagon and LA Park merch came in. MaskedRepublic is really great for shipping speed, and the quality of the shirts continues to be very nice compared to certain other popular wrestling t-shirt sites(prowrestlingtees).

The plush keychains are adorable and all that, but they're way too big to be keychains. Better for like a bookbag.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My Pentagon and LA Park merch came in. MaskedRepublic is really great for shipping speed, and the quality of the shirts continues to be very nice compared to certain other popular wrestling t-shirt sites(prowrestlingtees).

The plush keychains are adorable and all that, but they're way too big to be keychains.

Awesome. Excitedly waiting for a particular Pentagon Jr shirt to return.

dream

Fake is such a horrible word to describe pro wrestling. When it comes to the in ring action and physicality of what goes on in there, there is nothing fake about it. I put up a tweet the other day comparing pro wrestling to Cirque de Soleil. Cirque de Soleil is a choreographed athletic performance, so is wrestling. Does that make Cirque de Soleil any less real? All of the things that they're doing, all the physicality, the gymnastics, the trapeze, the flips, the falls, everything, it's all real, just like it is in the middle of a wrestling ring."

"The term that I have always loved for pro wrestling and I don't think many people in the United States have maybe even heard this term. It's cool I like to refer to it as fighting opera."

Talk about a guy who doesn't get it, Data West. Bully Ray Dudley stumbles all over himself trying to draw parallels between wrestling and Cirque de Soleil, and even the opera, while willfully ignoring the fact that everything about the "in-ring action" is 100% fake.

It's like these guys can't live with themselves if they allow themselves to drop the delusion and realize that they've wasted their youth, health, and happiness pretending to be tough guys.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think an acrobat gets up in arms if you don't call them by their fake name though. Or if I meet Tom Cruise and say 'Hey Tom', he doesn't go, 'You better call me Ethan, you fucking mark!'

I don't think an acrobat gets up in arms if you don't call them by their fake name though. Or if I meet Tom Cruise and say 'Hey Tom', he doesn't go, 'You better call me Ethan, you fucking mark!'

Well Cruise isn't Ethan all of the time. You wouldn't call Kevin Nash Vinnie Vegas

Well, Daniel Day Lewis might do that though

He sure would and we love him for it

I would never work for Vince McMahon

I wouldn't want to work for HHH. At least Vince is kooky and seems to have some sense of humor.

Fox318

Why, Vinny Mac pays good.

Does he really?

WCW paid good. Vince pays you peanuts and wants to own your face, name, and gimmick.

Then make you dress up like a Rooster or giant Turkey.

Then you get fired and all of your expose on his show was only to cripple your image and keep his fake son booked strong..

imBask

Banned
okay imagine this :

you're the best. Straight up, you have everything for you, you could be the next Steve Austin

Vince will change your character to "Emilio the Pizza-Boy", put you against Cena, then against Kane, and then you'll end up having comedy matches against Fandango on Superstars. You'll get paid 60k/y (transport not-included) and work 320 days a year

y'all are crazy

okay imagine this :

you're the best. Straight up, you have everything for you, you could be the next Steve Austin

Vince will change your character to "Emilio the Pizza-Boy", put you against Cena, then against Kane, and then you'll end up having comedy matches against Fandango on Superstars. You'll get paid 60k/y (transport not-included) and work 320 days a year

y'all are crazy

Apparently that situation is easily rectified by saying, "I don't want to be the fucking Pizza boy, let me do this"

Guzim

Living in CT, I've met many people who have worked for WWE (not wrestlers). They really liked it there, and they said Vince was awesome.

Menome

okay imagine this :

y'all are crazy

That's nearly three times what I'm earning sitting at a public service desk for 345 days a year having people yell at me day-in, day-out because they can't read traffic signs properly. I'll take the Pizza-Boy outfit and a small, but dedicated group of mark fans.

imBask

Banned
That's nearly three times what I'm earning sitting at a public service desk for 345 days a year having people yell at me day-in, day-out because they can't read traffic signs properly. I'll take the Pizza-Boy outfit and a small, but dedicated group of mark fans.

dang, maybe you just need a better job lol

Top Bottom