• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Sephzilla

Temple of Doom definitely gets more hate than it deserved imho. Temple is like picking up a book from a used bookstore about an action hero you've never read any books of, but it's one in a list of over 50 books that were written about that hero. In a way, kind of reminds me of if you were to pick a random Conan book out of nowhere. It's just a slice of a storied life that Indy had.

Plus Mola Ram was an AWESOME villain. Dude should have been in wrasslin.

Mola Ram is a TMF candidate.

I also think Temple of Doom has some really great camera work. I'm always a fan of the "Indy's about to kick some ass" shot they use after Indy is freed from that mind control stuff and goes to free everyone

doom1.jpg

jmdajr

Tom Cruise man. All my favs have fallen off the map big time and yet he still fucking delivers.

Ford, Arnold, Stallone, Bruce, Mel Gibson, etc. Maybe not fair because he started the game younger, but for 80s star he's still super fucking relevant.

Heroman

Banned
Tom Cruise man. All my favs have fallen off the map big time and yet he still fucking delivers.

Ford, Arnold, Stallone, Bruce, Mel Gibson, etc. Maybe not fair because he started the game younger, but for 80s star he's still super fucking relevant.

The thing about tom is that he is so versatile, he can do a serious film one year , and next he can a action film the next.

Sephzilla

The thing holding back Smith is his son. Crazy.

He needs to stop putting over his kid and needs to teach his son how to act like a normal fucking human being. I'm pretty sure Jayden has a massive "spoiled rich kid" thing going on and he has no real connection to how the real world works.

Speaking of Will Smith - Watched Men in Black 2 yesterday on Netflix, it isn't nearly as disappointing as I remember it being.

He needs to stop putting over his kid and needs to teach his son how to act like a normal fucking human being. I'm pretty sure Jayden has a massive "spoiled rich kid" thing going on and he has no real connection to how the real world works.

Which is weird considering Will's upbringing and how he is pretty well self-made. I dunno, listening to interviews with both him and Jada, the whole family seems pretty bonkers, honestly

Sephzilla

Which is weird considering Will's upbringing and how he is pretty well self-made. I dunno, listening to interviews with both him and Jada, the whole family seems pretty bonkers, honestly

Well they're part of a group that should be labeled as a cult, so yeah, they're bonkers

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just waiting on the Yakuza 5 translation. That will be the actual game of the year.

Sumeragi is super fun though. It's going to make Dragon Quest Heroes and Samurai Warriors 4 feel like real pieces of shit. Musou game character designs keep getting shittier while Basara's keep getting better

Sephzilla

He might be but BVS is still the biggest bomb everybody sees coming and nobody's going to bother stopping because it's the only way DC will learn

BVS really doesn't look good. But DC fanboys will remain in denial and claim that DC isn't trying to rush things along and get a Justice League movie out while that Avengers money is still hot. I'm more excited about the potential Batfleck solo movies.

Guzim

Jumbo Tsuruta vs Big Bossman from '88;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y8hso-zx40

Surly Jumbo cooperates throughout, but is visibly annoyed at Bubba's shitness (he was only 3 years into his career at this point) and poor selling of the patented Jumbo high knee. The final straw comes when Bubba messes up the cobra twist, so Jumbo takes him to the mat and grapplefucks his ankle to pieces. Doesn't look like the planned finish, the ref's confused and Bubba seems to be in a ton of pain. This was Bubba's last night of the tour and they'd been building towards the match with a number of tags, but there Bubba's deficiencies had been effectively disguised by Snuka & Brody, whereas here he was on his own, inexperienced and wrestling a guy with little patience for his inability in a rather embarrassing semi-main event. Incidentally, the main event of this show was Brody's last ever match in All Japan, his death occurring just two months later.

This looks like the sort of thing I'd be interested in for sure! Added to the list.
Big Bubba/Boss Man looks awesome in the hat and sunglasses.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
BVS really doesn't look good. But DC fanboys will remain in denial and claim that DC isn't trying to rush things along and get a Justice League movie out while that Avengers money is still hot. I'm more excited about the potential Batfleck solo movies.

When do both groups of fanboys realize all of their movies are shit not worth watching?

Sephzilla

Bruh, Age of Ultron is the worst movie I've seen this summer and I watched Terminator Genesys. The war between fanboy camps is far more entertaining than any movie produced by either side.

zgMXMHB.gif

Age of Ultron was decent, just not anything I'd call great. Terminator Gensysysysysysysysys is down in the Fantastic Four shit pile and even tries to take Terminator 1 and 2 down with it. Damn millenials and their need to label everything as either GREAT or SHIT

At least Age of Ultron woke a few people up to the fact that Joss Whedon is kind of a hack

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yo remember that part in Age of Ultron where they had a fight every 15 minutes to keep the CG nerds happy and made those fights last for WAY too long? Or when they had too many characters, but they didn't cut any of them because they could sell more toys if they have more characters?

Remember when
they introduced the B-Squad Avengers like anyone gives a fuck about Falcon

Top Bottom