• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

KingBroly

Banned
Thats not hard tho. Honestly, she is a better worker now, and its not her fault that she wrestles the same 3 people over and over. However she doesn't have any in ring chemistry with any of them.

Well they never gave Paige a chance with 3-5 minute matches either.

I feel like their storyline for the Divas is going to start whenever Nikkie is beat for the Title.

But they're not really going to get into high gear until Bayley is called up because she taps into a new market for them.

JTripper

If WWE were smart they would let Big E star in his own WWE sitcom.

giphy.gif

Fox318

Give us a reason to care about all these divas wrestling. Give us a storyline or some actual character development beyond arbitrary teams. It isn't a bad product because of who is wrestling. It's a bad product because of how it's being presented. It's the same dumb shit they do with the tag division and they just wrestle each other every week no matter what with almost zero character development.

They don't want you to care.

They want to have bra and panty matches with their Kim kardasian lookalike.

None of these women have any character and they are fueding for no fucking reason.

They should have just done the fucking nxt invasion angle and stomped the Bellas and fucking snuka.

Or hey when you had somebody like Naomi fucking trying something different you could have given her a fucking run.

But nope we gotta push cenas bedmate despite the fact that she was never worthy of holding a title even one so fucking dumb looking as the butterfly belt.

Thats not hard tho. Honestly, she is a better worker now, and its not her fault that she wrestles the same 3 people over and over. However she doesn't have any in ring chemistry with any of them.

Because we have no clue who we're supposed to even cheer for each week. None of the women have a character. Charlotte is flair's daughter, Sasha says she's a boss which means nothing, Nikki and Brie are twins, Naomi has a big ass, Tamina, it's Paiges house, Becky is orange, Alicia fox has nothing better to do, Lana is a trophy, summer wants to be a trophy

fucking do something. cut promos, have segments. put some meaning in these matches.

Zabka

it's just a matter of time man

the boss just tapped out the champ

she's fucked

Roman Reigns will lose to a clean pin before Nikki drops that belt.

They really need to figure out what the hell they're doing with the women's characters. Also lay off the damn rest holds. Nikki spent the first half of that match wrestling like a heel.

Fox318

Because we have no clue who we're supposed to even cheer for each week. None of the women have a character. Charlotte is flair's daughter, Sasha says she's a boss which means nothing, Nikki and Brie are twins, Naomi has a big ass, Tamina, it's Paiges house, Becky is orange, Alicia fox has nothing better to do, Lana is a trophy, summer wants to be a trophy

fucking do something. cut promos, have segments. put some meaning in these matches.
You should see the smackdown divas matches.

The Bellas are fucking edited mega baby faces on that show despite the crowd in full piss break mode.

They really need to figure out what the hell they're doing with the women's characters. Also lay off the damn rest holds. Nikki spent the first half of that match wrestling like a heel.

Women are catty and seductive and apparently that's all they can be.

nikki's fucked, i stand by it

maybe in like 2-3 months it's sasha time

Kaiterra

Banned
I sure could stand to never hear the Bellas being given credit for spearheading the revolution of that division again.

And not just making it a non-title match was gutless, but so was not giving it the real main event slot if they were gonna put it on so late. Of course the crowd broke out in Lesnar chants, it's 10:00 PM before he ever showed up.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Well they never gave Paige a chance with 3-5 minute matches either.

I feel like their storyline for the Divas is going to start whenever Nikkie is beat for the Title.

But they're not really going to get into high gear until Bayley is called up because she taps into a new market for them.

I'd be really surprised if she isn't marketed as female Cena, and she's made for that role.

I think they are just carrying this team thing past Summer Slam and then it breaks up. You'll get individual characters past that point. I do agree with your point. WWE is expecting everyone to know who these girls are from NXT and a lot of people have no idea who they are. WWE writers hate smarks and yet expects everyone to be a smark when convenient.

They don't want you to care.

They want to have bra and panty matches with their Kim kardasian lookalike.

None of these women have any character and they are fueding for no fucking reason.

They should have just done the fucking nxt invasion angle and stomped the Bellas and fucking snuka.

Or hey when you had somebody like Naomi fucking trying something different you could have given her a fucking run.

But nope we gotta push cenas bedmate despite the fact that she was never worthy of holding a title even one so fucking dumb looking as the butterfly belt.

They are keeping the title on the Bella because they clearly want to remove AJ Lee as longest reigning champion. Thought everybody knew that.

And incase you missed it she just tapped out to Sasha Banks.

So Brock is the face, right..? He did nothing wrong, he beat some bitter old man who couldn't lay down in his home, came back and kicked him in the dick costing him the WWE title. Which was lost because of a cash in, that he didn't even get PINNED for.

Brock's the face.. right..?

So Brock is the face, right..? He did nothing wrong, he beat some bitter old man who couldn't lay down in his home, came back and kicked him in the dick costing him the WWE title. Which was lost because of a cash in, that he didn't even get PINNED for.

Yeah, I actually think that's what they're going for but it's WWE again so I probably misread Undertaker's actions as being petty and cowardly as opposed to bad ass

Kaiterra

Banned

I'm rooting for him

My personal GOTY is a two way race between Bloodborne and Rocket League, with a third spot in the race reserved for Mario Maker.

Mad Max, however, looks like it could be the dark horse surprise of the year. Too bad it's launching the same day as Metal Gear.
I'm worried about Mad Max since you'd expect they'd be mainly focused on Just Cause 3. It's been delayed a lot though so I expect it'll still be good.

Past five years' worth of GOTYs:

2010: Alpha Protocol
Nice! Alpha Protocol was so good, just needed a few more months in the oven to clear up the bugs. Would love to see it come back in some kind of episodic, seasonal format. Release more mission hubs over time, kind of like what I assume the new Hitman will be.

I'm kind of glad to not see anyone mentioning Witcher 3 as a GOTY. Makes me feel like I'm not missing much by not having played it yet. I've gotta let a few more patches come out before I feel confident it will be a great experience.
It's my GOTY and easily in my top 3 of all time. Blew me away.

I can safely say that my Movie of the Year is easily Mad Max Fury Road, however. That movie is safely in the discussion for one of the all time great action movies
Yeah Mad Max 4 takes it easily, just oozes quality.

I watched Hardware from 1990 the other night. I think you'd enjoy it on two levels. It's not a magnificent movie but it has some good things. Looks like an old Front Line Assembly music video which works in its favor.

ZJ07hvb.png

asQVsqg.jpg
Have you seen Nemesis? Great B-movie in a similar style.

related_movie_nemesis_cover_hq.jpg

It's been a couple days.

Where's my new Inafune-san kickstarter
Didn't they announce one yesterday for a second round of funding for the Red Ash movie? They straight up copy pasted the kickstarter page into a different crowd funding site I think.

Why do they bother doing a preshow when most of raw is recaps anyway?
Preshow is great because it means I don't have to watch Raw!

When Cesaro's appeal goes beyond purely in ring, then I'll maybe start to become a fan. As of now he's just a good worker, and that isn't enough.
Sucks that Kidd got injured, Cesaro was really coming along well with him, he works best as a goofy happy go lucky guy.

bray wyatt should be luke harper's manager

That would be awesome, Bray does great mic work and it suits his persona to be managing the boys.

Top Bottom