• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

I did not dislike that as much as everyone else on here seemed to. I think by the end of the segment, they had the reaction they wanted, with Bella's being booed and PCB being cheered. And Becky was okay and showed some decent fire. At the end of the day, even mediocre character development is better than zero character development.

The only issue is that the crowd wants Sasha and they are about to do a match not involving Sasha.

NYR

Reigns bullied me out of my spot in a Chic fil a line once.
leakee.jpg

I believe it. #sawft

WE WANT SASHA

lol

I feel sorry for these women. They need to be more careful with this division.

These teams aren't really working. And these six women tag matches aren't allowing anyone to highlight their talent and skill set. No one is standing out besides Sasha.

It's a real clusterfuck. Let's get some one on one feuds or a big heel turn going. Have Charlotte hit Becky in the back of the head with a steel pipe.

I did not dislike that as much as everyone else on here seemed to. I think by the end of the segment, they had the reaction they wanted, with Bella's being booed and PCB being cheered. And Becky was okay and showed some decent fire. At the end of the day, even mediocre character development is better than zero character development.

The only issue is that the crowd wants Sasha and they are about to do a match not involving Sasha.

She hurt herself Saturday.

ScribbleD

That was dreadful. An hour and 10 minutes of a fantastic RAW went screaming off a cliff. How the fuck can they consistently treat this division so poorly? Also, if you're going "No, just bring Sasha and Bayley on," you haven't learned anything. If a woman gets called up from NXT she's fucked. It's nothing but diva bullshit, high-school catty-ness, terribly scripted promos, and other baggage that goes along with the women's division. Calling up good in-ring talent and labeling it a revolution changes nothing except we get slightly longer matches on RAW now.

Zabka

Give Sasha a title shot right before Nicki gets the record. Team BAD turns on her due to jealousy and joins up with the Bellas. Sasha becomes the lone wolf, you get a real heel stable and they get to wipe AJ out of the record books. Everyone goes home happy.

They really don't have a clue. Just have them wrestle. No stupid teams, no vignettes or corny interviews, just let them wrestle.

When they just wrestle, people will complain that there is no character development or stories. It's less that they shouldn't get vignettes or promos, but more that they need to put them in positions that play to their strengths. Right now they are doing to the women what they do to everyone, they are trying to take them and fit them into established WWE stuff, as opposed to building new stuff for new characters.

NYR

If I was in developmental, I would pretend to be The Rock's kid so I could rip off his moves like Charlotte does with Ric Flair.

Two divas matches per night and its PCB vs Bella right now. Sasha finally breaks away from Team Bad tonight?

It'd be a shame to go back to only one diva match per night with all this talent.

KingBroly

Banned
This is how that segment should've ended:

Miz: "well ladies, I'm afraid I've got some...BAD NEWS for you. You'll have to fight each other right now for the right to challenge Nikki Bella at NoC for the Divas Championship."

PCG show confusion and intensity at the ensuing development

Match starts

Like, come on. It's too easy!

When they just wrestle, people will complain that there is no character development or stories. It's less that they shouldn't get vignettes or promos, but more that they need to put them in positions that play to their strengths. Right now they are doing to the women what they do to everyone, they are trying to take them and fit them into established WWE stuff, as opposed to building new stuff for new characters.

Yep, what we are watching is the equivalent of Roman Reigns going out and cutting Looney Tunes promos, because that what Cena and Rock did.

Knox

These teams aren't really working. And these six women tag matches aren't allowing anyone to highlight their talent and skill set. No one is standing out besides Sasha.

It's a real clusterfuck. Let's get some one on one feuds or a big heel turn going. Have Charlotte hit Becky in the back of the head with a steel pipe.

Yup. There's too much filler with the teams and three of the best are on the same team.

And now I have to listen to JBL convince me that women can be athletes, fuck man.

jett

D-Member

Ya I watched the Sasha NXT match from Saturday and it was pretty entertaining. I always tune out during these female tag matches.

Top Bottom