• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Kusagari

Yup. There's too much filler with the teams and three of the best are on the same team.

And now I have to listen to JBL convince me that women can be athletes, fuck man.

The thing is that Sasha actually is on another team and we bizarrely have yet to see Sasha vs. Charlotte/Becky yet.

I understand they want to protect the NXT call ups but they need to let those three go at each other and show off why they made NXT special.

KingBroly

Banned
The thing is that Sasha actually is on another team and we bizarrely have yet to see Sasha vs. Charlotte/Becky yet.

I understand they want to protect the NXT call ups but they need to let those three go at each other and show off why they made NXT special.

I have to wonder if Sasha got hurt during that match with Bayley.

That tall chick is actually pretty good. Who is she? Also who are the twin chicks? They look like the girls on my wife's reality show.

Edit: apologies for all the question, I started watching again last night. I'm legacy WcW WWF Nwo attitude era

I think they have conflicting mind sets. They probably want to save Sasha vs. Becky or Charlotte until it is for the title, but then they don't want to take the title off of Nikki until Night of Champions. The problem is that waiting is hurting them.

Zabka

GXejauo.png

I just don't think Vince has the patience to re-condition his crowd to care.

All it will take is one match that will open the crowd's eyes, but having six women tag matches and 5 minute matches on Raw won't get it done.

Heel work is simply insulting gender? Calling your town smelly?

Where's the threat of bodily harm? Hiding weapons in your boots? Lighting things on fire (Hello Pentagon)? Even something add simple as locking a face in a dark room?

If Bray or someone did stiff like this they'd actually be villains and I'd like then more, and probably boo just to play along.

ElRenoRaven

They need to break all these women up..Start some story lines and make a divas tag team title.

They really do need to at least actually give the women time. There are enough with talent now that they could have some great storylines and matches. They could be on par with the men easily. But of course Vince won't allow that. Instead their shit gets overly scripted and just written like some High School kid is writing it. Combine that with the forced team shit and man the division is actually going backwards.

notworksafe

Divas got a MizTV segment that was a pointless and terribly written time waster? That means they are finally being treated the same as the men!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
When they just wrestle, people will complain that there is no character development or stories. It's less that they shouldn't get vignettes or promos, but more that they need to put them in positions that play to their strengths. Right now they are doing to the women what they do to everyone, they are trying to take them and fit them into established WWE stuff, as opposed to building new stuff for new characters.

You're right and I guess I should have been more specific. They don't need this angle, and I'd say its really hurting Charlotte and Becky. Obviously you want storylines and feuds. What was so good about the NXT division was the rivalry and storylines with Bayley/Charlotte/Sasha.

But they don't need this contrived bullshit. Its ruining it.

Heel work is simply insulting gender? Calling your town smelly?

Where's the threat of bodily harm? Hiding weapons in your boots? Lighting things on fire (Hello Pentagon)? Even something add simple as locking a face in a dark room?

If Bray or someone did stiff like this they'd actually be villains and I'd like then more, and probably boo just to play along.

Bray did do that. He beat Kane in an Inferno match and then kidnapped him, but for some reason they dropped the angle.

I think they have conflicting mind sets. They probably want to save Sasha vs. Becky or Charlotte until it is for the title, but then they don't want to take the title off of Nikki until Night of Champions. The problem is that waiting is hurting them.

Bellas won't even be around next year. Nikki is only there to get the "longest reigning diva" title.

KingBroly

Banned
Possibly. She wasn't a factor in SummerSlam and she took the most impressive move by a diva I have ever seen. It had to hurt.

I think it was the most impressive move of the weekend, possibly this year in WWE. I've never seen it done and it looked like she landed square on her head.

Knox

Yeah. I think the idea might have been that they know they've got big matches in Sasha/Charlotte/Becky and want to build up to them instead of giving them away right at the jump. But that means it's a lot of Brie/Fox/Tamina eating pins and not putting out compelling matches.

Top Bottom