• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Uhaa Nation was a lot in PWG and Dragon Gate if I am not mistaken. There are people here that know these promotions better than I do. They should be able to say if he is good at promos. In the matches I saw him in he always came off very charismatic.

He was never a big promo on the indies, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was terrible. The companies he worked (Dragon Gate, DGUSA, EVOLVE) don't place a heavy emphasis on promo.

i didn't comment on it before but i'm pretty happy the dudley boyz are back on wwe. and the way they re-introduced them was perfect. d-von looks a little old but bubba still looks like he can go for real, so it balances out that they could actually be a competitive team and not just a gimmick legend situation. it's all good news man. dudleys vs new day in a tlc match? yeah sounds good to me

also i said brock's aura was gone

they're not doing that. brock isn't going back to being the guy he was before he broke the streak anytime soon and i'm super happy to see it. that promo heyman did on raw was very smart booking and i'm up for the rematch now

but seriously guys

brock needs to fucking win this time

let's dismantle the undertaker myth. we've got a new and better behemoth.

that summerslam match was damn good until the finish. i'm up for seeing that again with even higher stakes. heck throw the wwe title in there if you want.

let's mark out and do it.

Fox318

I made no comment on being rushed.

And the thought of the most skilled big guy on the roster needing a bodyguard...

Wyatts were already mouthpiece and henchman. And Bray wanted to be the face of fear. Now they need someone to protect them.

I'm sure Vince is planning a White Sheep vs Black Sheep match at mania already

big strongman or whatever he's called is a good addition to the wyatt storyline

luke's still a way better worker than the position he's been getting. he's going bald as fuck and isn't cut but i am still holding out a dying hope they'll go for an asshole heel wwe title challenge run for him one day. i'll settle for a dominant IC/US champ.

muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than bray the atmo-sucker.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
BIPUz14.png

My wife says Dean Ambrose is the ugliest man in WWE :lol

What, did this guy just figure out wrasslin' is full of carny ass shit?

big strongman or whatever he's called is a good addition to the wyatt storyline

luke's still a way better worker than the position he's been getting. he's going bald as fuck and isn't cut but i am still holding out a dying hope they'll go for an asshole heel wwe title challenge run for him one day. i'll settle for a dominant IC/US champ.

muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than bray the atmo-sucker.

Luke Harper should be the defining US champ of this era*

after Cena, I guess

Luke Harper should be the defining US champ of this era*

after Cena, I guess

i'm gonna start mentally tallying up my opinions of folks in this IWC. it's time i got more in the midst of this community. right now you're sitting at +1 titus and everything else is untouched.

it's the wrasslegaf era folks. and i've looked at reddit, i've looked at somethingawful rowdy ringsports, they're both shit compared to here. this is the spot to talk about fake fight theatre.

edit: i've said it before but bray's a manager. he'd be a great manager, he is slow and boring in the ring with a few good flurries he can pull out, but he hasn't been booked well for over a year now and can't go in the way the
good ones can. he's a manager, and luke and this Strongman might be the talent.

I'll take credit for this one.

you're honestly not that wrong. a year ago i was saying dean had a stone cold energy with his new persona, but his in ring work flat out sucks and no amount of wiggling about can hide that. sorry dean. roman's better and i see why they didn't go with dean now. but seth's way above both.

Watching a whole year's worth of Georgia wrestling, everything's great, Buzz Sawyer vs Piper, Jake Roberts murdering jobbers, Ric Flair vs Tommy Rich, then this fucker comes to town;

xk4AqFh.gif

Fuck you, Bugsy. Georgia already had the Boogie Woogie man, it didn't need a second idiot.

I'm late so you guys probably already saw this, but it had me dying. From Twitter.

Rollins gonna be taking bumps from Sting like:
giphy.gif
Each bump the kid takes grows him 60 pounds. I remember seeing this back in the day, but didn't catch that.
Congrats, now if you get banned it wont be a pern right off the bat! Go crazy friend!
I've heard that's not the way it always goes, eh, eh friend Freckle-E?

I'm late so you guys probably already saw this, but it had me dying. From Twitter.

Rollins gonna be taking bumps from Sting like:
giphy.gif
Each bump the kid takes grows him 60 pounds. I remember seeing this back in the day, but didn't catch that.
Congrats, now if you get banned it wont be a pern right off the bat! Go crazy friend!
I've heard that's not the way it always goes if you're a junior, eh, eh friend Freckle-E?

HEY I CAN GO CRAZY NOW TOO!

Braun & Rowan as Tag Champs, Luke as IC Champ, and Wyatt as WWE Champ. It's all closer than ever.

The future looks bright, brothers.

i never have an ideal set up cos it all changes from month to month but my basic hopes go like this

wwe - brock (anytime, forever, don't care, always)
ic - harper (he had this before so why not let him make it mean something)
US - Owens (owens is damn good in the ring and needs to make his mark, he should take this at some point soon)
tag team - Dudleys (assuming they can fully go which i hear they can, these guys rule and will be a great feud for New Day, who rule regardless of titles)
Women''s - Sasha (you kidding me man? get this belt on her asap)

that's what I wanna see at the moment.

although with the prospects being offered yeah okay i can live with sting getting the WWE title for a couple months and atm the IC I don't give a fuck.

Austin is definitely gonna do one more match. He probably cut a deal with WWE to feature his podcast and to be the attraction for 2K16 so he'll get a bigger cut of the sales. Steve Austin knows business, and it's boomin' right now friends.

Honestly though for as long as Orton has been with the company, has he ever had a shirt as good as his simple RKO lettering shirt..? He's had a ton but they're all forgettable snake and skull ed hardy type shit.

I feel they should embrace Neville's ridiculous height disparity by making him King under the mountain of the ring and then making him chase a title because he has dragon sickness

tumblr_nfwnbhUTel1sns9vwo1_1280.jpg

Austin keeps bringing it up, so yeah, I think he's eyeing something but he wants it to be perfect. Punk would have been great but that's out the window and now that Brock is back and better than ever I think he wants it.

Honestly though for as long as Orton has been with the company, has he ever had a shirt as good as his simple RKO lettering shirt..? He's had a ton but they're all forgettable snake and skull ed hardy type shit.

It's not pretty, but...

shirt1.jpg

Kaiterra

Banned
Late post, but the real problem with the "Divas Revolution" stuff is that it's being played so safe but being touted as this big bold sudden change and keeps getting pushed that way repeatedly, disingenuously. It's still the same Divas' Division that we've had for years now, just with more time to do what they do and three more talented performers. I mean fuck, they spent like a month trying to push the idea that Nikki was the one responsible for it. How the hell does that even make sense? And perhaps most importantly, they fucked up by not making the new girls all into one team taking on the "old guard." Instead they have been fighting each other alongside them and the only character traits ascribed to them outside of Charlotte being Ric Flair's Daughter and a general competitive streak that isn't attributed just to the new girls, but the entire division, has been the standard jealous/catty/crazy stuff that has been pretty much the only kind of character that any diva has been able to get forever and which is part of the problem. So the new girls just seem like any other diva to someone who hasn't been watching NXT.

Also, maybe I won't hold the performers themselves up to a higher standard than the men, but hell yes the angle deserves to be held to higher standards than a typical filler midcard feud or the "I dunno what rankings are all the teams just fight each other and don't have a focused rivalry" tag team division stuff, because it's being touted as a REVOLUTION and revolutions are big and bold and different.

Top Bottom