• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Vince isn't going anywhere. No one could be offended at what he said.

IRS_display_image.jpg

but that's IRS, I want an accountant not working for the government to help the wrestlers

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought NeoGAF banned people for talking mess about their beloved screenwriters. Good to know I'm in the clear if this isn't the case! I remember people getting banned for pointing at one that was a GAF member who went to his old post history and erased every disparaging word he ever typed about Star Wars when he got signed onto a Star Wars project. That shit was funny, whoever that was was a massive fuckin idiot.

Had to look this up on wikipedia.

In mid-1990, Rotunda turned heel again and became Michael Wallstreet, with Alexandra York (and her computer) as his manager. They founded The York Foundation. The two claimed to know (via computer analysis) how to win each match and how long it would take for Wallstreet to become victorious. In this brief run he was undefeated and often a timer was present onscreen to further the duo's claim. The partnership ended when Rotunda left the NWA for a new role in the WWF, in early 1991.

God damn.

Watched 2 PWG shows in the last 2 days, so took a break to watch WWE. The documentary on this Attitude Era DVD is really short and weird.

EDIT: I made it to 666 posts on a forum on 06/06/06. Proudest e-peen moment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You realize that some never get that message and get banned multiple times. Hell we had some banned the day they came back from just being banned. People here sometimes don't realize what works here never works outside this thread.

Every single ban I've ever had has been unjust and unfair. Where's my Bobby Heenan to stick up for me?

Just about to check out the Becky v Sasha match from a few months back - dunno how I missed that one, I thought I was keyed into what the NXT women were doing since the fatal four way match.

Pretty excited to check it out.

My preferences for the four main NXT women currently go

Sasha
Becky
Bayley
vast gap
Charlotte

will report back with updated views and online opinions

Xater

I thought NeoGAF banned people for talking mess about their beloved screenwriters. Good to know I'm in the clear if this isn't the case! I remember people getting banned for pointing at one that was a GAF member who went to his old post history and erased every disparaging word he ever typed about Star Wars when he got signed onto a Star Wars project. That shit was funny, whoever that was was a massive fuckin idiot.

That sounds like something Gary Whitta would do.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You realize that some never get that message and get banned multiple times. Hell we had some banned the day they came back from just being banned. People here sometimes don't realize what works here never works outside this thread.

Anyway Raw Viewership for 8/24:

8pm: 3.606
9pm: 3.794
10pm: 3.764

Avg: 3.721

This has to be considered a disappoint to them the night after Summerslam. The only good thing is the 18-49 grew every hour and the highest was a 1.4 for the 10pm hour.

They got beat by a preseason football game. This also can be considered the new normal now with people dropping Cable and more DVRing the show. It will be hilarious if the DVR numbers for this show is huge because how important is that number to USA?

Has the "Raw After SummerSlam" been a thing before? Because I wasn't aware of it being a thing and even if it was, they were sorely mistaken if they thought anyone was gonna give a shit about the follow up to the Taker/Lesnar match. It was obvious to everyone it was a standard fuck finish.

Zach

Just about to check out the Becky v Sasha match from a few months back - dunno how I missed that one, I thought I was keyed into what the NXT women were doing since the fatal four way match.

Pretty excited to check it out.

My preferences for the four main NXT women currently go

Sasha
Becky
Bayley
vast gap
Charlotte

will report back with updated views and online opinions

Vast gap is overrated, in my opinion.

For me:

Sasha: A
Becky: B+
Bayley: A
Charlotte: B+

Charlotte's stock has dropped a bit and Becky is on the upswing for me.

Jon Stewart got a better storyline than half the roster. He was liqidsnake all along

Haha...

Bronx-Man

Banned

That would be Gary Whitta, esteemed writer of classics such as The Book of Eli and After Earth.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm offended because Sunny can never resist an opportunity to take a shot at millenials. Stop screaming at clouds, old man.

He's pretty much the embodiment of every negative stereotype about millenials. If I'm gonna hate anyone, it's this fucking guy
tsWoqkR.jpg

For me:

Haha...

Charlotte is far and away the weakest link, and she ain't even bad. It's a good situation.

Cagey

Banned
Breeze and Liger was fun.

And now of course Blue Pants comes out for the Vaudevillains and a Brooklyn NXT crowd chants Blue Pants City.

Shoot these stupid hipster "lol its so ironically funny amirite" fucks straight into the sun and then blow the sun up.

Corey Graves calling the inauthenticity of this nonsensical elitist hipster bullshit out is amazing for its own irony, but it's better than nothing.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
man the dudleys pop was insane, crowfd fucking loved them and them popping for get the tables was amazing

them signing a multi year full time contract is amazing too

jmdajr

And now of course Blue Pants comes out for the Vaudevillains and a Brooklyn NXT crowd chants Blue Pants City.

Shoot these stupid hipster "lol its so ironically funny amirite" fucks straight into the sun and then blow the sun up.

Corey Graves calling the inauthenticity of this nonsensical elitist hipster bullshit out is amazing for its own irony, but it's better than nothing.

Hipsters. Whatever happened to Drunk College kids and Rednecks. Those were the days.

somedevil

Has the "Raw After SummerSlam" been a thing before? Because I wasn't aware of it being a thing and even if it was, they were sorely mistaken if they thought anyone was gonna give a shit about the follow up to the Taker/Lesnar match. It was obvious to everyone it was a standard fuck finish.

They were down 473,000 viewers compared to last years Summerslam.

It seems this is the new normal with declining Cable Viewership, DVRing and problems with the show.

With this weirdly they were number 2 in viewership and number 3 with 18-49 on Cable.

Millenials: good
Promising to never get banned again and then getting banned and nearly banned again after that: bad
Daniel Bryan: worse
Seth Rollins' title reign: tied for worst
Kane still absent in 2015: tied for worst

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"straight shooter" Mandy Savs is going to be a multiple time womens champion while Sara Lee works the 'I won Tough Enough' convention circuit.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Hipsters. Whatever happened to Drunk College kids and Rednecks. Those were the days.
Between this and #HeadTraumaThurdays, it seems like you geezers sure miss the gold ol' days. And y'know what? I gotta shake hands and carry bags, and the only way I can do that is with massive pandering.

tumblr_nqgwye8ulO1rq5iico1_500.jpg

tumblr_nqcxh5LH8D1rq5iico1_500.jpg

tumblr_nq3dcpmtqj1rq5iico1_500.png

tumblr_np2p336DTw1rq5iico1_500.jpg

Mahonay

Banned

Don't you dare shit on that Blue Pants pop. That a cappella Price is Right entrance music hit and I popped too.

man the dudleys pop was insane, crowfd fucking loved them and them popping for get the tables was amazing
I got all tingly during all of that. I was fucking hyped.

For me:

No I know, Charlotte's fine in the ring but with these four it isn't about like, are they 'wwe divas' good, I'm trying to think of it more like who do I actually like. I just don't find Charlotte's whole 'i'm the daughter of ric flair' gimmick interesting, it makes me tune out a bit. I'm not saying she drags matches down or anything.

For reference under Charlotte there is natalya and naomi, and then a much vaster gap and the rest of the main WWE women's roster.

I know people like Nikki here but I just don't see it at all, she seems like part of the problem.

I'll give credit to Amanda for using Sara's biggest weakness against her so effectively. She smiles and smiles but when Amanda revealed the secret of Full Sail to the entire world her face contorted into a shape the likes we've never seen or though imaginable. Sara's still winning though.

Top Bottom