• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

The Hitman awards the victor. He also had some nice things to say about Piper.

https://instagram.com/p/5ztbqNMQgK/

Meek and Philly taking another L.
e60Y45y.gif

I just can't imagine Bret typing champagnepapi lol

I always wonder about the mentality of people who need to point out that wrestling's fake. Apply that to any other medium. Books, films, TV, plays. Imagine how insanely idiotic you'd sound pointing out that any of those things are fake.

I always wonder about the mentality of people who need to point out that wrestling's fake. Apply that to any other medium. Books, films, TV, plays. Imagine how insanely idiotic you'd sound pointing out that any of those things are fake.

More insanely idiotic are the "OMG OUTRAGED!!!" pro wrestling fans and pro wrestlers (like dumbass Bull Dempsey) who don't understand the point Dana White is making and have their heads so far up the asses of their heroes or themselves and their gimmicks that they don't understand that he's 100% right.

Dana White was reacting to a pro wrestling fan who thinks a Ronda Rousey card should be $9.99 like the WWE.

In this case, he was 100% justified in pointing out that pro wrestling is fake, and his sport is real, thus, a price difference.

It's just stupid to say UFC should be $9.99 because WWE is. Why? Because Rousey's fight tonight is real. Pro Wrestling is fake.

The biggest stars in WWE can, and do, work 200+ shows a year. Why? Because it's fake. Nobody has to have a huge camp to get ready. Nobody is cutting weight. If done correctly, nobody hurts anybody else, because they are trying not to. Nobody bleeds, because they are trying not to, and are told not to. All because it's fake.

The biggest stars in UFC are lucky to work 3-4 shows a year. Because it's real. They have to have a training camp for each fight. They cut weight sometimes to the edge of human limits. They are trying to hurt each other. Even a winner often comes out of a fight with serious injuries -- broken bones, concussions, cuts, and other injuries and can be suspended for months by the regulators to recover.

So a show with a big UFC star is more rare than a show with a top star of pro wrestling, by the nature of the fact that one sport is real, and the other is fake.

Rare things cost more money than things you can get 200+ times a year. It's basic logic. The economics of this -- rare things cst more than commonplace things -- are something we accept every day.

Yet somehow this basic logic escapes wrestling fans when they get all emotional. As a pro wrestling fan, it makes me cringe, it's so embarrassing.

dream

I would like to add that wrestling fans desperately want wrestling to be real, and will oftentimes willfully deny reality in order to create that illusion for themselves. See: CM Punk's "pipe bomb" promo, and how 90% of wrestlinggaf freaks out every time the ref throws up the X.

Jamie OD

I'd like to know if Borash was going to make that donation beforehand. He most likely was going to help that guy out but he shouldn't be doing it just to spite Dana. Also a bit rich to do that when TNA fired Jesse Sorensen after promising him a job for life when he was paralysed.

klonere

Banned
I'd like to know if Borash was going to make that donation beforehand. He most likely was going to help that guy out but he shouldn't be doing it just to spite Dana. Also a bit rich to do that when TNA fired Jesse Sorensen after promising him a job for life when he was paralysed.

and employing/allowing Kurt Angle to wrestle.

Fuck, is that true?

EDIT: Fuck, it is true. And they didn't even pay his medical bills.

Aiii

So not worth it
It saddens me greatly that on this day, right after Rowdy Roddy Piper's death, on the day of Rowdy Ronda Rousey's championship fight, which is dedicated to Hot Rod. Some people in this thread still want to ignite a MMA vs. Pro-Wrestling feud.

For shame. For. Shame.

somedevil

Dana calling wrestling fake is cute. Dude is booking a squash match in the main event of a ppv

He is still trending on twitter over this.

I don't really care about his comments but its odd the head of UFC is involved in a twitter war with wrestling fans and before was in a twitter battle with a 14 year old.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Anyone with a truly vile avatar ready to deploy for the lethal lottery but too chicken to join in the contest give me a PM with the beast and I'll enter it into the fray. I'm ready for anything.

DMczaf

This all happens with Dana right before a Rousey fight, who is rumored to be in a match at WM32??

Stopping being worked into a shoot friends

DMczaf

KLIQ week on the Network has been awesome. It's basically just a New Generation retrospective. So much 94-97 WWF.

Ninja Scooter!! Guzim!

Top Bottom