• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

I think WCW Raven is my favorite midcarder of all time. His gimmick, once you kind of figure it out, is SO good. It's permanent midcard status and any thoughts that it should go further than that(and i had those when I was younger) is ridiculous, but it pretty much stamps him right below main eventers in an upper tier of mid card without ever seeming like he was some main eventer power level so that you could buy all kinds of people beating him with the right booking.

His promos were pretty solid, but they became fantastic when you realized his character wasn't the edgelord that you initially thought he was. That you kind of discover, even pre-Middle Class Raven promo, that he was a whiny manipulative asshole coward heel that played the cool heel and it threw people off. He had such a good way of getting heat with the crowds, his moveset wasn't amazing, but it was perfectly effective for this kind of character and it made his babyface opponents with more fancy movesets stand out all the more. The Flock gimmmick, the constant whining while still being an evil asshole. He was like a smart coward heel. The only real flaw was the dumb masochism gimmick they tried to get him over with initially because it didn't fit his 'actor' character. They offloaded that shit onto Vampiro later on when it didn't work.

Was that when Hak came in and you saw Raven in his house?

DMczaf

Joe Rogan ‏@joerogan 53m53 minutes ago
That was the first time I ever almost cried while interviewing a fighter. @RondaRousey is something insanely special.

DMczaf

6) Steel cage main event - Chris Jericho beat Kevin Owens. Said to be excellent and best match of the night. Chemistry said to be awesome. Jericho wins by pin with codebreaker

Job Owens Job

DMczaf

11379067_1626283620948058_916155561_n.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who ever saw this career trajectory coming for AJ Styles
MVP ‏@The305MVP 6m6 minutes ago
Women pay money for a chance to sit & drink with Ibushi. I was shocked seeing these ladies waiting their turn to talk & drink with him.

Roman Reigns aint shit

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Naito is so lazy and lethargic now that he won't even change his music to match it. Even getting him to put on the mask is too much work
tumblr_nseb07iUVu1sj4xr4o3_540.png

Does anyone remember when Daniel Bryan started yessing again?

He had a slow face turn, I forget what episodes those happened

Guzim

Does anyone remember when Daniel Bryan started yessing again?

He had a slow face turn, I forget what episodes those happened
I remember he did it when him and Kane won the tag team titles. But I think he really started doing it again around WrestleMania XXIX. At Mania, Team Hell No defeated Dolph and Big E, and Bryan did the yes chant. I was in that crowd, and it was awesome doing the chant with over 80,000 people.

They feuded with the Shield again afterwards which led to going back to the Yes chant fully.

Ithil

I remember he did it when him and Kane won the tag team titles. But I think he really started doing it again around WrestleMania XXIX. At Mania, Team Hell No defeated Dolph and Big E, and Bryan did the yes chant. I was in that crowd, and it was awesome doing the chant with over 80,000 people.

They feuded with the Shield again afterwards which led to going back to the Yes chant fully.

yesjgq1s.gif

Top Bottom