• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

ikWQVOy.gif

DMczaf

Kevin Nash: Too Sweet is a good watch on the Network.

They have footage from the locker room after he won the strap in 94. Also behind the scenes footage right before his interview with Vince where Vince is telling him why he's giving him the strap.

DQVAN8V.png

On another note i'm legit shook over pipers passing I was probably five,six around his heyday and watched wrestling with my uncles,cousins,grandpa he was very charismatic and demanded your attention he was truly a trail blazer and I can't believe how bummed out I am about it

Alucard

Banned
Watching WWE TV for the first time in a couple of weeks. An Uso is part of the Wyatt family? Or was he just on commentary for an Ambrose/Sheamus match on Smackdown?

Edit: NM. Jimmy Uso just on commentary.

Heroman

Banned
Man, today was the weirdest day of work ever, never in my life have I seen so many red neck and guns in one place.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The thing I don't get about #FakeGate is the wrestlers that are upset about it being called fake when none of them are like some hardcore kayfabe protecting guys.

Like if you ain't doing some 'I won't travel with faces because I'm a heel' or some 'Vader choking a news reporter on camera' level of protecting kayfabe, why the fuck are you so upset when people call it fake? You let it get that way.

The fuck in a tag team called 'DIRTY HEELS' is mad about his fake sport being called fake

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think WCW Raven is my favorite midcarder of all time. His gimmick, once you kind of figure it out, is SO good. It's permanent midcard status and any thoughts that it should go further than that(and i had those when I was younger) is ridiculous, but it pretty much stamps him right below main eventers in an upper tier of mid card without ever seeming like he was some main eventer power level so that you could buy all kinds of people beating him with the right booking.

His promos were pretty solid, but they became fantastic when you realized his character wasn't the edgelord that you initially thought he was. That you kind of discover, even pre-Middle Class Raven promo, that he was a whiny manipulative asshole coward heel that played the cool heel and it threw people off. He had such a good way of getting heat with the crowds, his moveset wasn't amazing, but it was perfectly effective for this kind of character and it made his babyface opponents with more fancy movesets stand out all the more. The Flock gimmmick, the constant whining while still being an evil asshole. He was like a smart coward heel. The only real flaw was the dumb masochism gimmick they tried to get him over with initially because it didn't fit his 'actor' character. They offloaded that shit onto Vampiro later on when it didn't work.

I don't follow UFC. Who is stitch and what happened to him?

One of the best cutmen in sports, Dana personally hired him 16 years ago and they've been friends ever since

Then the Reebok sponsorship deal happened, cutmen got screwed in pay, and Stitch publicly pointed it out

So Dana fired him, said he didn't know the meaning of the word 'friend', and promised he'd never come back

One of the best cutmen in sports, Dana personally hired him 16 years ago and they've been friends ever since

Then the Reebok sponsorship deal happened, cutmen got screwed in pay, and Stitch publicly pointed it out

So Dana fired him, said he didn't know the meaning of the word 'friend', and promised he'd never come back

Damn That was an asshole thing to do. What a prick

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also early stunners look so much more savage than later ones. i hate the 'i have to jump to sell a stunner' shit

DMczaf

When you help train a new guy on your team at work, and also help him finish his tasks and then when he sends his recap email to the team, he doesn't mention you at all...motherfucker.

Almost as bad as not shaking hands...almost...

When you help train a new guy on your team at work, and also help him finish his tasks and then when he sends his recap email to the team, he doesn't mention you at all...motherfucker.

Almost as bad as not shaking hands...almost...

You work with Inafune-san?

Someone on the writing team it totally trying to work a mention of this Drake / Meek stuff into a Brock v Undertaker promo arent they?

Top Bottom