• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Mahonay

Banned
Thanks.
Props to people who make long distance relationships work.

Man, I was looking forward to that phone call. Expected a Festival of Friendship (well, the lovers equivalent) and well... I guess that's what I got given how that ended. 🤔🤔🤔
Yeah sorry to year that dude. Long distance is rough. Did it a couple times. Never again.

Watching SoomahSlam 97. Shamrock belly-to-belly suplexing Patterson, Brisco, and a bunch of refs reminds me why he was so fucking over with me as a kid

Cagey

Banned
Be still, my beating heart.

tumblr_ov3e30zzuH1uvyu9yo3_540.gif

Menome

Tonight's attempted watching:

Last week's NXT
First two MYC episodes

Tomorrow's attempted watching:

This week's NXT
The last half-hour of Episode 2 of MYC, having fallen asleep.
Final two MYC episodes

Saturday's attempted watching:

MYC episode 4, having fallen asleep.

Mahonay

Banned
Tough watching that infamous piledriver spot with Austin. As part the match Owen is working his neck before that... just a sense of dread knowing what's coming. Lawler's slimy ass going "show it nice and slow!" as they replay what happened with the piledriver.

Austin not being able to clasp his hands and his feet just dragging as he tries to walk... fuck man. It's one of those things I don't make a habit of going back and watching again.

Mahonay

Banned
This is the best wrestling-related video I've ever seen. It's even better than the most illegal thing I've seen in the history of wrestling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lw8_AKZW6I

People line up to get slapped by Antonio Inoki.
THIS-IS-WRESTLING

*CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP*

Love that video. One of the first things I watched when I got back into wrestling lol. I am going to be sad when my Inoki shirt eventually wears out.

Anth0ny

Tough watching that infamous piledriver spot with Austin. As part the match Owen is working his neck before that... just a sense of dread knowing what's coming. Lawler's slimy ass going "show it nice and slow!" as they replay what happened with the piledriver.

Austin not being able to clasp his hands and his feet just dragging as he tries to walk... fuck man. It's one of those things I don't make a habit of going back and watching again.

Watching the ending to the Shibata/Okada match is very similar :(

Most folk style wrestling and catch grappling styles were influenced by those 3 nations.

Catch - Great Britan
Freestyle - United States
Jujutsu/Shoot wrestling - Japan

Oh Canada
Our home and grapple land
True shoot love
We'll tie you up with one hand
With roaring elbows
We see thee fall
The true north 1,2,3
From far and wide
Oh Canada
We shoot on marks for thee
Harts keep our shoots
Glorious and Free
Oh Canada we shoot on marks for thee

Oh Canada
We
Shoot
On
Marks
For
Thee

Mahonay

Banned
My kid self disgusts me how much I hated heel Bret. Dude was a fucking rock star. Never get tired of his entrance. Always gets a pop out of me.

Holy shit the at the amount of female screams when HBK's music hits.

Fox318

FOX316 SHOOTS HARD ON CANADA'S LACK OF EVERYTHING(8/31/17)

I mean Jack Taylor and Stu Hart are famous Canadian shooters.

taylor_card2_sm.jpg

But as far as I know they didn't influence the style as much as those nations.

You probably could make an argument for Greece, Turkey, Iran, and India but those grappling styles aren't as similar to what we see today as submission grappling.

Sexy Star gave her first public statement post-Triplemania. You're going to be shocked at this, but it turns out she's still a piece of shit

The translated end of her statement said:
It seems that the girl is injured; I do not know, I do not know. That's all I can say.

Mahonay

Banned
I mean Jack Taylor and Stu Hart are famous Canadian shooters.

taylor_card2_sm.jpg

But as far as I know they didn't influence the style as much as those nations.

You probably could make an argument for Greece, Turkey, Iran, and India but those grappling styles aren't as similar to what we see today as submission grappling.
Billy Robinson I think is up there as one of the biggest influences on shoot style pro wrestling. It laid the groundwork the UK for sure, and guys later on adapting the style here.

Top Bottom