• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finally getting to see the Lego Movie on Sunday. Taking my son and my niece with me. Hope it's as good as everyone says. We're all pretty excited.

Another beer fest?
Yep, IMO if you're going to go to any during Good Beer Week (there's 200ish beer events on that week), GABS is the one to go to.

200+ beers to sample, many of which (120+) are experimental one-off brews just for that event (past beers have been brewed with tea leaves, Christmas trees, coconut, chili, etc) so if you want interesting stuff, it's worth it.

jambo

:O How long has that been the case? Damn. You can tell how often I go to the cinema, lol. Still not perfect cinemas for big hollywood films, but at least it is something in the city.

I need to go watch more of their arty shit, too.

Cheers :)

A little while now I think.

I saw Iron Man 3 last year with the missus.

Something else there the year before, mainstream Hollywood title.

Arksy

:O How long has that been the case? Damn. You can tell how often I go to the cinema, lol. Still not perfect cinemas for big hollywood films, but at least it is something in the city.

I need to go watch more of their arty shit, too.

Cheers :)

Whaddya mean? Palaca Nova has the EXIMAX (ex-imax) which is probably the best cinema in town for new movies.

Yep, IMO if you're going to go to any during Good Beer Week (there's 200ish beer events on that week), GABS is the one to go to.

200+ beers to sample, many of which (120+) are experimental one-off brews just for that event (past beers have been brewed with tea leaves, Christmas trees, coconut, chili, etc) so if you want interesting stuff, it's worth it.

Nice, i'll try to check it out. Are you going?

Stackboy

OH HEY SPEAKING OF VIDEO GAMES, man oh man do I like LEGO Marvel. I am such a sucker for Marvel anything these days and I always loved the LEGO games and it's basically GTA and you rescue Stan Lee and you can be Spider-Man and then you can be Iron Man and you can go FWOOOOSH around New York and ZAP ZAP REPULSOR RAYS IRON MAN LET'S MARVEL TEAM UP

This is a pretty accurate description of Marvel Lego.

r1chard

Oh! When did Lego Marvel get on the PS3? I thought it was a Wii exclusive. Must have been timed. Or I'm just clueless. Regardless, yay!!!

Gonna go see Captain America next Thursday at Vic Gardens after work.

Would see Lego Movie except the latest screening they have is at 3:30 LIKE ADULTS DON'T DESPERATELY WANT TO SEE THIS FILM WITH AN ABSENCE OF STUPID SCREAMING ANNOYING CHILDREN IN THE CINEMA*

* I say this as the adult of a perfectly sensible, quiet youngster whom I shall be accompanying to see said film at some time

Gazunta

ICE COLD BURN.

ok I laughed

OPINION TIME AUSGAF: Should I get one 42" TV to play games on in my man cave or two 21" TVs

42" TV has the advantage of being a 42" TV.
2x21" TVs has the advantage of being able to play one C64 game while waiting for another C64 game to load.

If you are planning on playing C64 games probably best to go with 3 TV's at the least if you want to minimise loading time naps.

Wait, the shitty bar south of Geelong at the dodgy caravan park is having an event but there is nothing within 200km of Warrnambool?

FUCK THIS HILLBILLY TOWN >_<

Gazunta

THREE 14" TVS WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT YES

NOW I CAN PLAY ALL THREE BARD'S TALE GAMES AT THE SAME TIME

In other news, setting up ecommerce stuff is eye-twitchingly terrible. Good lord!

Wait, the shitty bar south of Geelong at the dodgy caravan park is having an event but there is nothing within 200km of Warrnambool?
Red Duck is doing their open day (forget what it's called All In, which should have more than 39 beers available for tasting) in Ballarat (that's under 200km!). It's a bit pricey, but I've heard great feedback from someone who went the previous year.

Fogz

ICE COLD BURN.

ok I laughed

OPINION TIME AUSGAF: Should I get one 42" TV to play games on in my man cave or two 21" TVs

42" TV has the advantage of being a 42" TV.
2x21" TVs has the advantage of being able to play one C64 game while waiting for another C64 game to load.

Buy 1 TV, sit back and just enjoy the Ocean Loader music.

Buy a bigger tv with two composite inputs or a cheap video switcher box.

Or you could delve into the deep PS vita library while you wait.

Get the 42" TV. They're not PC monitors.

Spent most of the day neck deep in Excel trying to work out just how badly screwed I am when it comes to an upcoming deadline at work. Turns out, I'm pretty darn screwed.

The good news is I finally got full network access today. That only took a week.

Arksy

Engie Pubcrawl's gon' be gud.

Probably want to stay out of town Adelaide-GAF if you're not coming along. It's going to be stupidly busy.

Then again, I don't even want to contemplate the showdown tomorrow night.

legend166

If you could go from the start of the drugs saga that would be very much appreciated. I'm embarassingly out of touch when it comes to footy.

I'm in my phone at the moment but do a search for "AFL Essendon charge sheet" and read the PDF. That outlines most of what Essendon actually did to cause all this.

I'll post more later.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm in my phone at the moment but do a search for "AFL Essendon charge sheet" and read the PDF. That outlines most of what Essendon actually did to cause all this.

I'll post more later.

But get the actual charge sheet that they were charged with that's about :alf a dozen pages long.

And not the draft that was "leaked" that's 20+ pages long.

Ballarat is a 2 hour drive though >.>
Bullshit! Have one closer <_>

Also Gaz!
bildschirmfoto2014-03s8kc4.png

Sly, MotoGP AND Hotline Miami next week!

mandiller

I figured 64GB was a bit of overkill.

SwZjxIF.jpg

64GB is never overkill. Mine is almost full (thanks PS Plus!). I've never been a delete something I'm not playing right now type of person.

The Vita is a great little systems with some cool games. But remember the redesigned slimmer system is probably coming out in a few months. The new form factor might be more comfortable but it depends on whether you might losing the OLED.

On hold with Qantas to change a booking.
I just remember how my high school Indonesian teacher used to pronounce Qantas.
15 minutes on hold so far and yes, they are Cuntass.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
On hold with Qantas to change a booking.
I just remember how my high school Indonesian teacher used to pronounce Qantas.
15 minutes on hold so far and yes, they are Cuntass.

lol!!
a friend visited me the other week, and her friend who was down from israel apparently pronounced it cuntarse infront of her mum.

something like "i fly on your national airline... cunt arse"

ololol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
We somehow managed to get Rahk to buy a new GPU! 780 ghz, I'm tempted to grab the same one as well.

I was looking at my PC history and it seems like i've had this CPU/GPU combo for nearly 3 years. Case and PSU for 4 years.

I still want that strange corsair case and some small things.

Argh!

hamchan

I'm finally getting to see the Lego Movie on Sunday. Taking my son and my niece with me. Hope it's as good as everyone says. We're all pretty excited.

I love that movie. Would watch it over and over again. So many jokes and references in it I must have missed a few because they come so fast.

US PS Plus April offerings just went live.

PS4
Mercenary Kings

PS3
Batman Arkham City
Stealth Inc. A Clone in the Dark
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse

PS Vita
Velocity Ultra
Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD

Kritz

Banned
I've been enjoying Infamous. More than KZ, at least.

While I think the DS4 is a neat controller, I just wish I could play every game with a kb+m. I can't stand controller aiming.

Adelaide Oval looks fucking PACKED.

First time in 20 years I've missed living in Adelaide. So great to see such enthusiasm behind the new oval, looks great and I just know the game is going to be a cracker today. Both sides are on the up and have some great years ahead of them.

New era of financial promise for Port too. Finally get a decent deal where we can actually make money through the game!

Also, not on free-to-air TV? Hahaha fuck you.

Darren870

Walked passed an ebgames today and peeked in. Your new releases are $100!?!?

Looks like I will be holding out on the current generation for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom