• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

It really was
an amazing
episode. As for real spoiler discussion...

This definitely throws a spanner into the numbering though. Will we call Capaldi the 13th Doctor? Given the way he gave the "all 13" line, I'm up for it. I think it's OK to do that without changing the numbers on Ecclestone, Tennant and Smith and without there being a 12th. I do believe Hurt, who will probably be settled upon as being called the War Doctor, really earned himself a full position.

r1chard

In a fit of nostalgia (and also as a way to see whether she's interested in the genre) I just grabbed The Settlers 2: 10th Anniversary Edition from GOG for my daughter. I remember the first game very fondly, and reckon that the simplified mechanics are a bonus compared to the over-complicated morass that appears to be The Settlers 7...

Shaneus

lol, FM5 is just getting torn to shreads. Crappy DLC practices, microtransactions, limited car/track roster and graphics downgrade.

Some topical photoshop on the quality of the crowds in FM5:
semvdyjcopy7tief.jpg
tehehe

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Just finished!!

Spoilers:
ahhhh tom baker!!! Good work on me for wearing my scarf xd. That was so goooooood

lexi

Banned
I wanted to get up early to watch it but figured I could watch it from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint.

It was awesome.

Halfway through the last Dark Tower novel. The ending better be good!

What are you doing, JB?
I5nywDk.jpg

Advertising through me, it appears.

As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a orange-skinned, bleached-blonde fitness babe.

SO MANY FEZES
or are there?

Holy uses evasive maneuver! It is super effective!

Did it ask you or enter your name?

THRILLHO

hamchan

It really was
an amazing
episode. As for real spoiler discussion...

This definitely throws a spanner into the numbering though. Will we call Capaldi the 13th Doctor? Given the way he gave the "all 13" line, I'm up for it. I think it's OK to do that without changing the numbers on Ecclestone, Tennant and Smith and without there being a 12th. I do believe Hurt, who will probably be settled upon as being called the War Doctor, really earned himself a full position.

It really was a great episode. Doctor Who fanservice overload.

I think the numbering probably won't be changed just for ease but I wouldn't mind it if did, I might actually like it.

I dunno, 10th and 11th certainly acknowledged John Hurt as a proper Doctor now. 11th doesn't hate that part of himself now that he learnt he didn't really blow up Gallifrey.

I wouldn't mind some more John Hurt Doctor side stories. He was more fun, less evil and less ruthless than I expected, certainly as likable as every other Doctor to me.

Also that brief flash of Capaldi made me cheer. Great moment and nice surprise to have him there.

So why wasn't there
any Eccleston or Timothy Dalton
in Day of The Doctor?

Not sure if I like that
Galifrey is now OK or not
, but I do like the setup of the new season.

As for the numbering,
if Cipaldi is the 13th, does that mean no more regenerations, or only one left? I don't buy into that stuff, but many do

hamchan

So why wasn't there
in Day of The Doctor?

Not sure if I like that
Galifrey is now OK or not
, but I do like the setup of the new season.

As for the numbering,
if Cipaldi is the 13th, does that mean no more regenerations, or only one left? I don't buy into that stuff, but many do

Ecclestone is just a dick who hates that he was ever on Doctor Who. Timothy Dalton dunno but now that we know Gallifrey wasn't actually destroyed Rassilom will be back, the Master too.

I do like that Gallofrey is back. We've had the Doctor feeling guilty for 8 years now, good that he's finally over it.

Capaldi should be the last regeneration but now that the Time Lords are out there somewhere he has a way to get more.

Really enjoyed Day of the Doctor. Keen to rewatch it and An Adventure in Space and Time tonight.

The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot is fantastic, too!

So why wasn't there
in Day of The Doctor?

As for the numbering,

Eccleston
wasn't in it
'cause he pretty much doesn't want anything to do with the show right now
Timothy Dalton
wasn't because
his character would've been off with the High Council, either doing or preparing for End of Time-y stuff. The Time Lords dealt with in Day of the Doctor were the War Council, the military leaders

On numbering:
Capaldi is the 13th Doctor, meaning technically no more regenerations after him, yeah. It's established in show that there are ways to get more though, so there'll probably be a story about that within the next couple of series.

Day of The Doctor talk...
Ecclestone is just a dick who hates that he was ever on Doctor Who.
Eccleston
wasn't in it
'cause he pretty much doesn't want anything to do with the show right now
Is that really the case? I mean, it's well known
Eccleston hated his time on the show by the end (and it showed, I enjoyed this season up until... maybe 2/3 through when you could tell he just didn't want to be there), but does he really want nothing to do with it nowadays? Seems a really smarmy attitude, I guess I figured he was better than that. I'd be interested to know if he was asked.

Is that really the case? I mean, it's well known
Eccleston hated his time on the show by the end (and it showed, I enjoyed this season up until... maybe 2/3 through when you could tell he just didn't want to be there), but does he really want nothing to do with it nowadays? Seems a really smarmy attitude, I guess I figured he was better than that. I'd be interested to know if he was asked.

He was apparently in talks to appear but decided against it pretty late. Rumour is that the War Doctor part was originally meant to be for Eccleston's Doctor but had to be reworked after he pulled out.

More Doctor Who...
He was apparently in talks to appear but decided against it pretty late. Rumour is that the War Doctor part was originally meant to be for Eccleston's Doctor but had to be reworked after he pulled out.
Yeah I did some Googling and it seems he was asked. Sucks big time. You take that role on and IMO you have a responsibility to do these kinds of things. His time on the site must have REALLY shaken him...

Really interested to see where they go with Cipaldi. I was a fan of Smith's eclecticism, really felt like you were watching an alien whose skin didn't quite fit right.

ALRIGHT

I bought $200 worth of EB cards for next weekend so I can grab a 3G Vita with Killzone.

WHere can I get a 64GB mem card cheap? YesAsia has it for USD$93 posted with NEWTWITTER3 code. Any better floating around?

In a fit of nostalgia (and also as a way to see whether she's interested in the genre) I just grabbed The Settlers 2: 10th Anniversary Edition from GOG for my daughter. I remember the first game very fondly, and reckon that the simplified mechanics are a bonus compared to the over-complicated morass that appears to be The Settlers 7...
It's still a great game. Wasn't a fan of 7, just felt like it was going through the motions.

lol, FM5 is just getting torn to shreads. Crappy DLC practices, microtransactions, limited car/track roster and graphics downgrade.

Some topical photoshop on the quality of the crowds in FM5:

tehehe
Getting torn to shreds by a handful of people on messageboards.

Reviews were still 5/5 BEST FUCKING TIRES EVA

Games media doesn't give a fuck in general. Nice to see Eurogamer take a shot though. Better be the next Jimquisition.

HolyCheck

Thoughts on the Dr's:
I was under the impression that both hurt and Tennant would not remember that gallifrey was saved... would smith? mentally... maybe they can exclude the transformation from the count! it could be a mental thing! But god that sucks. The way hurts doctor was so happy, knowing he hadn't killed his entire people... but at the same time knowing that he would for the rest of his existence once leaving the gallery, think that he has killed them... ouch

I think I'll re watch again tonight.

I'd love to see capaldis doctor more of a crotchety old man, not cranky but I don't know. Not so know it all whacky, perhaps a bit stern, and stubborn when he needs to be, because he knows he's correct.

Shaneus

Getting torn to shreds by a handful of people on messageboards.

Reviews were still 5/5 BEST FUCKING TIRES EVA

Games media doesn't give a fuck in general. Nice to see Eurogamer take a shot though. Better be the next Jimquisition.
Apparently some of it may have been because the review copies in the US received redeem codes or whatever for the DLC, whereas the European media outlets had to buy it themselves (and I guess they experienced it first hand or something, I dunno).

Still, shocking practice. Really pathetic cash grab on Microsoft's part.

Fogz

Man, seeing Doctor Who in the cinema with a crowd in 3D was so worth it!

I had avoided the internet all day and about 30min before it starts the gf says "Oh, I saw on Facebook that
Tom Baker is in it.
" *face palm*

HolyCheck

Man, seeing Doctor Who in the cinema with a crowd in 3D was so worth it!

I had avoided the internet all day and about 30min before it starts the gf says "Oh, I saw on Facebook that
Tom Baker is in it.
" *face palm*

tahts the worst fogz .

that bit was so exciting, was watching it with my mum and we were botth like Is that.. no it cant be.. omg it issss

r1chard

Daughter quite enjoyed Settlers 2.

I've given up on AssCreed 3 as a pile of steaming poo. I get that it's not the best of the series, but it seriously makes zero sense to someone new to the games, which I'd be willing to forgive, but then the gameplay is all over the place as well (laughably ridiculous one moment, bizarrely controlled another and just plain annoying elsewise) so stuff it.

Deeku

Chibi spinoff of Persona 4 for 3DS :/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZ1OiekCUAA2fGR.jpg[IMG]

[URL="https://twitter.com/RyougaSaotome/status/404568532152627200"]Also[/URL]

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZ1Q776CMAA83qa.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
wooo disappointment lol!!!

game itself doesn't look terrible, but i'm kinda over playing that style of atlus portable dungeon crawler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom