• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Picked up Zelda at JB Hi Fi. They price matched Big W without checking if it was actually in stock there (it wasn't), which was nice of them.

I probably spent the five dollars difference on gas by making a wrong turn on my way home and somehow ending up in Chatswood instead of Gordon.

Opens Thursday December 12th.

Wait what? Shit i thought it wasn't opening till next year. If it's anything like the one on the gold coast expect to have huge fucking lines in the middle of December. I never go during this time for exactly that reason, i'll wait till February to give it a go.

Cod! Amazon have the G930 on sale again for $100 posted, cheapest it's been in 12 months!!!
Sweet! I almost bought them on Friday at $120, and were apparently on sale until 8pm at that price, but when I checked at around 7pm they'd gone up to $130 so I decided I'd wait to see if they turned up cheap again. Thanks for the heads up!

Some free (usually about $2 each) Android games - today only:
Simple Rockets - basically Kerbal Space Program
Simple Physics
Dummy Defense

Also, the AusGAF Twitter Bot has been restored and seems to have been running properly since yesterday. It's a private account so you'll have to invite it (if you do, let me know via PM so I can login and let you at it). Also a reminder that if you don't like it tweeting stuff you say here, send me a PM I'll stop it from tweeting any posts you make (and if you're asked me to disable it in the past and want me to re-enable it, let me know). If you want to be added to the AusGAF members Twitter list too, send me a PM or let me know here with your Twitter thing.

Wait what? Shit i thought it wasn't opening till next year. If it's anything like the one on the gold coast expect to have huge fucking lines in the middle of December. I never go during this time for exactly that reason, i'll wait till February to give it a go.

The lines will be even longer while it has the (probably literal) new park smell. Wet n Wild Gold Coast is bloody great though... I love water parks. I miss the unsupervised, unhinged, and very possibly dangerous Amazons park at Jindalee. I think it closed down because people died.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Would it be considered trolling if I think Wii U games look better than Xbox One games?

nope. I agree with your statement

izPAMCTY5yZf0.jpg

markot

Banned
Fire alarm disrupts Sydney University law exam, dean dismisses complaints as 'typhoon in a teacup'

The exam, worth 100 per cent of the final grade, eventually went ahead, but calls for the test to be re-held have been dismissed by the Law Faculty.

The exam was supposed to be closed book, meaning no notes were allowed – but chaos ensued as students sheltered from the rain for about 25 minutes.

"A few people got their notes out straight away. Other people around me looked fairly uncertain about what to do," the student, who wished to remain anonymous, said.

"Most people had their notes out by five to 10 minutes in, and there were some people that I saw that were in groups all holding notes and collaborating with each other."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-...y-university-law-dean-fire-alarm-exam/5114852

lol?

Axiom

Is there a cheaper way of getting a PAL Playstation Plus subscription?

I think with colourful character action/platformers going out of vogue (I blame Donkey Kong 64 for starting the decline) and Nintendo spending a generation making games that most of the core would rather play on a different controller, it just led far less colourful games being made.

Or maybe it's just how prevalent the Unreal engine was. Perhaps it being unsuited for something akin to what Nintendo is doing now just led to further Gears of War colour palettes
I have no idea if Unreal really was unsuited for it though, but I know De Blob 2 didn't use it.

Does Skylanders?

As for Diablo, the reaction to that was just weird. By the same token though, it's not like Wind Waker where they pulled through with an amazing aesthetic that makes all the haters look like idiots

I think with colourful character action/platformers going out of vogue (I blame Donkey Kong 64 for starting the decline) and Nintendo spending a generation making games that most of the core would rather play on a different controller, it just led far less colourful games being made.

Or maybe it's just how prevalent the Unreal engine was. Perhaps it being unsuited for something akin to what Nintendo is doing now just led to further Gears of War colour palettes
I have no idea if Unreal really was unsuited for it though, but I know De Blob 2 didn't use it.

Does Skylanders?

Dont know about skylanders but Mass effect and Mirrors edge were some of the earlier UE games. Grey brown was a choice not a limitation of ue3.

Currently in Sydney for work. I have to go straight to a big party in Brisbane immediately on Friday night and might need to get suitable attire someplace in Sydney.

Any suit stores in town that will trade after business hours that would sell suits appropriate for a 'New York' themed party? I'm thinking something gangster-esque whilst still keeping it stylish.
jay-z-illuminati.jpg

Keep the stereotype going, get your Hove blackface on and post the pics to OT GAF to keep them happy that we are racist pieces of shit apparently.

Cheapest place to get Tearaway?
SEN has it for $33. 1.3GB download. :)

Would it be considered trolling if I think Wii U games look better than Xbox One games?
If you said "in general" it would be trolling. If you said "in my opinion" along with it though, it would be okay.

If you said "I think the art style looks better" that would be cool too!

Forza & Ryse can look damn good at times. Ryse more so. Forza had to make a lot of sacrifices to hit 1080/60. Ryse is a next gen graphical showcase though. Same with Killzone which is certainly the best looking game I have laid eyes on.

Is there a cheaper way of getting a PAL Playstation Plus subscription?
Never been on sale, aside from through PSN. Just wait for it to be 15 months for the price of 12 again.

Tons of colourful UE games, people just like to pretend 360/PS3 didn't have any. Fuck, this is the first UE4 game!
Fortnite-face-off.jpg

Plus stuff like Jacob Jones & The Bigfoot Mystery by Lucid Games (ex-Bizarre guys) was on UE3.

The stereotype is that only Nintendo consoles have colourful games, but that has developed mainly because Nintendo consoles have had very minimal 3rd party support for years now and Nintendo themselves mainly make titles that try to cover an age range from 3 years old to 73 years old, rather the targeting a specific age market.

As for Diablo, the reaction to that was just weird. By the same token though, it's not like Wind Waker where they pulled through with an amazing aesthetic that makes all the haters look like idiots
The reaction was apt because it was a sequel, not a brand new IP.

The reaction was "why was it changed so much from the previous 2 games and 2 expansions?" not "COLOUR SUX BALLLLLS IN EVERY SINGLE GAEM EVA".

Deeku

eh i've never really had any probs. could be cos i never really needed to go far, and I usually get up early/ leave late to avoid the peak

Noticed today that Dick Smith are only advertising the PS4 in their latest catalogue, no Xbone. Despite having X1 stuff in store for purchase.

Makes sense why Sony gave Dick Smith stores demo units now!

Haven't come across a X1 demo unit yet. Just the half unit that JB has in a glass case.

Infinity Blade on iOS is FREE

Plex is $1.99 on iOS, $2.18 on Android! Highly recommended.

Big W. Use coupon 10OFF120 if you spend $120 to make the games $63 each!

Super good prices.

Also UK launch numbers!

PSP - 185,000
PS3 - 165,000
X1 - 140,000
360 - 70,000
WiiU - 40,000

Oddly enough they have stock shortages over there compared to being able to walk into some stores here and grab an X1 right now.

Huh. Bugger me, then. Literally had no idea it was on PC... must never have been on sale.

Stealth release a month ago. Pretty much zero talk about it, aside from the RUMOUR GAF thread.

It's okay on 360. Not sure how good the PC port is. The game is 3 years old after all!

Jintor

Finally caught up on Doctor Who s7. Actually decent 'finale' (even though it was actually a lead-in to the Special lol)

Gonna shower and watch the special.

Enslaved came to Steam for Windows on Oct 25, 2013.

Noticed today that Dick Smith are only advertising the PS4 in their latest catalogue, no Xbone. Despite having X1 stuff in store for purchase.

Makes sense why Sony gave Dick Smith stores demo units now!

Haven't come across a X1 demo unit yet. Just the half unit that JB has in a glass case.
The closest Dick Smith to me has PS3 and 360 things, but Wii or Wii U things.

And nowhere I look has DualShock 4s yet.

Shaneus

GAZUNTAGUAZIUTAGANZUNTAGATZUNKA

CRACKDOWN RETROSPECTIVE

Big W. Use coupon 10OFF120 if you spend $120 to make the games $63 each!

Super good prices.
Will that code (or any others) work for a PS4 itself?

Edit: Wait, stock available "late December"? What the fuck is up with that? Isn't launch this Friday?
Edit #2: Says it is. Man, they mustn't be confident about their stock levels.

Edit: Wait, stock available "late December"? What the fuck is up with that? Isn't launch this Friday?
Edit #2: Says it is. Man, they mustn't be confident about their stock levels.

PS4 pre-orders were sold out months ago dude.

Even back in September the ETA on delivery for a pre-order was 2014 lol

EB & JB have the lions share of the first shipment it seems.

Some places like Kmart/Target weren't even getting their first shipment until 2014 originally lol, thankfully a month ago they pushed that up to December. Same with Dick Smith. All places will have pre-orders delivered by Christmas apparently. Ships out on 23/12 if I remember correctly.

Will be interesting to see if Sony just aren't giving us much stock.
I wonder if we will see X1 numbers, I got the impression Microsoft weren't overly happy with pre-order numbers here. ESPECIALLY since it's a much better deal to buy a X1 here.

$579 for console, controller, camera AND a game
Vs.
$549 for console & controller

If you have PS+, you get 2 free games. There are a couple of free to play games on the store, too.

Plus, you get up to double the P's with the PS4!

Yeah DC Online and Warframe are both up for play. Both looked interesting enough in the Giant Bomb stream that I would give them a shot. Yay for free!

One comes with a game?

Fuck Sony for their messed up regional pricing. Fucking smarts :(
Supply and demand sadly.

Sony don't even need to run a TV ad for the PS4 at this point until next year lol

Microsoft on the other hand are begging you to buy the fucking thing from them. Here! Have another fucking game! Please!

Hope I can walk into a store on Friday and buy a game for my US PS4.

Should be easy. Saw fuckloads of X1 games on shelves at Kmart/Target/Big W/JB on the weekend. PS4 will be the same. Buy 2 from Big W for $63 each!

Shaneus

If I get a PS4 any time soon, I'm vowing to not buy a retail game until Driveclub comes out. I reckon I can hold off until then (and possibly after).

Stupid question: Any kind of BC for it at all? Even PS1? Just out of curiosity more than anything else.

Dead Man

Nope.

Gaikai. 2014.

Gaikai is the BC. I have a sneaking suspicion that purchased PSOne PSN titles will be carried over, but all other content will need rebuying/renting.

Fuck Sony for that, no reason at all not to have CD and PS1 compatibility.

The Australian: Chatter suggests change of tune on Netflix launch in Australia
Well how bout that

Also, Foxtel is launching their own VOD service, Presto, for 25 a month lol.
Love this bit
"Foxtel is believed to have made representations to the US majors, and perhaps directly with Netflix, to try to deter Netflix from accepting Australian credit cards and thus limiting the number of local subscribers who can access the service."

Wankers :/

Fuck Sony for that, no reason at all not to have CD and PS1 compatibility.

They are patching in CD support in the next patch. They quickly found out that people still want to play CD's in their PS4's when the FAQ came out.

PS1 compatibility is a lot more understandable. And complicated. Not sure on the issue of rights to play publishers PSOne games on the PS4. They could always chuck ePSXe up on the store but again, not sure on the legalities of allowing the use of those old games (pretty sure this came up in a discussion about why BC for Xbox games on the 360 was such a mess and came out in batches).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom