• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LUV YOU TEDDIE! I WAS WRONG TO CURSE YOUR NAME TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL!

Capture30-550x282.png

Axiom

I'm excited for Persona 5, and this will probably kick me into gear into finishing Persona 3.

I'm way more excited about the Anniversary. Watched it in a cinema after handing out sonic screwdrivers to my partner and half my friends. They all loved it and I must say it was a mighty success of a day.

Atlus - gods of trolls. Sakurai and Boon ain't got shit.

They really have mastered the art over these last 5 years. Out doing themselves time and time again.

Tonight was just to be yet another repeat event in their trolling adventures. But then they rolled a double troll and BAM. SURPRISE! PERSONA 5!

Double trolled. Totally worth it.

Hopefully.

Finished Killzone Shadow Fall campaign. Half the time I couldn't believe how jaw dropping insane the graphics were. Giving maxed out PC games a run for their money.

Frawdder

Persona 5 gives me reason to get my PS3 out of its box it's been packed away in for the past year...if I can be bothered.

Deeku

whoa i missed the p4 music vita game:eek: ok i'm totally excited for that, even though it's technically bottom of the barrel p4 milkage

Aon

Persona 5 gives me reason to get my PS3 out of its box it's been packed away in for the past year...if I can be bothered.

Lo, and we were sure the PlayStation 3 was yet packed,
For it was like that girlfriend that nary cheated upon thee,
Pure.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ever since my kitties big adventure on friday she's been super clingy! Sleeping on my feet or chest all the time, always right next to me. She must have seen some shit.

Any update on your kitty lucian?

Omikron

Playing CK2 again. They recently added achievements as well as a stack of other things. I managed to get ones for: getting married, siring 5 children and killing my wife.

What did you do today.

Danoss

Hopefully I can catch up on Doctor Who before a stray spoiler finds its way to me.

Thanks for your response, I thought you might have missed it. That actually makes me feel a hell of a lot better. The pamphlet I got said it should be healed within three months so I was getting pretty concerned. I was thinking about getting a couple more while I still can so perhaps I'll check in on the piercing shop, get something done and ask them while I'm there.

Those barbells are ridiculously hard to get off, btw. Screwed on so tight. I feel like I'm playing operation trying not to touch the sides of the hole. So far I still haven't taken the top one out at all. Might ask the piercing guys to do it :p

I've just been slow getting to the thread lately. My time has been monopolised by things that I thought were dealt with a long time ago. Should hopefully be sorted now.

That pamphlet sounds pretty ordinary. I don't think my lobe piercings were even healed within 3 months. I can understand the concern if you read that and yours were still giving you grief outside that time frame. I'm interested to hear what the piercer says about these when you see her.

I assume you're not trying to take the barbells out of the healing piercings, because that'd be a bad idea. If you're having difficulty getting the others undone, try using some latex or nitrile gloves which should give you some more grip. If not, the piercer will have no trouble getting them undone.

Jintor

what did you get pierced anyway, shan?

nb: you may have actually answered this already but in my defence i can't read

Hopefully I can catch up on Doctor Who before a stray spoiler finds its way to me.

stay off tumblr.

I caught up this morning. I loved both Adventure in Space and Time (even managed not to be annoyed by factual errors which were thankfully pretty light). 5(ish) Doctors Reboot was pretty funny for old time fans as well.

The 50th anniversary special was just fantastic. That's how you do fan service, JJ.

In preparation for posting about Doctor Who, I have added a user to 'ignore' for the first time.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So, I had a dream about an ausgaffer lastnight.

Reptilescorpio you lucky man. Danoss even made a guest apperance.

Rep was contemplating taking work interstate but he was obviously hesitant because of the kidlette, so he called danoss to review the opportunities being presented to him to weigh up the benefits of all offers (child care, dental etc), whether the family would move with him, or some of the jobs were more like 1 week off, 1 week on type deals.

we never got a conclusion though as my alarm went off.

I hope dream rep made the right call

Shaneus

Don't have a vita, and after a quick google it doesn't seem like I'd like the series anyway. Thanks anyway.
Yeah, I bought it because everyone here was "ZOMG GAEM IS PERF3CT BUY NAO!!!" and whilst not a bad game per se, it's not my kind of game and it pretty much bored the shit out of me.

I envy you and your foresight.

I think I might pick up P4 for my Vita as something to play on the plane/train during my trip to Japan in a few weeks. I haven't played a JRPG since... FF8?

In other news, I watched Pacific Rim on the weekend.... possibly the worst attempts at Australian accents I have ever heard. Hilarious.

Speaking of hilarious, has everyone seen the Snake vs Ute video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--xWi9FbIEc

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Ever since my kitties big adventure on friday she's been super clingy! Sleeping on my feet or chest all the time, always right next to me. She must have seen some shit.

Any update on your kitty lucian?
Nothing yet as far as I know. Mum would tell me if they know. If we don't hear by lunchtime tomorrow we need go call them.

And orientation for nursing placement is soooo boring. 1.5 hours of looking at a PowerPoint. Woo...

Mondy

Banned
Federal Labor has moved to a four-point lead over the Coalition Government on a two-party preferred basis in the first Fairfax-Nielsen poll since the September 7 election.

Pollster John Stirton says the turnaround is a surprise because government's tend to poll "quite strongly" in their first year.

"It is a surprising result and I think in that case it's always wise to wait and see if it's confirmed by further polling," he told the ABC's AM program.

"But it does suggest that the Abbott Government is having one of the shortest honeymoons probably in history.

"It's unusual for a government to go behind so early in its term and that's what appears to have happened here, but we need to wait and see if it's confirmed."

Labor's primary support has also risen four points to 37 per cent while the Coalition's support before preferences has fallen five points to 41 per cent.
Audio: Nielsen pollster says latest survey result is 'surprising' (AM)

However, the poll also shows Tony Abbott leads Bill Shorten as preferred prime minister, 49 to 41 per cent.

Respondents' opinion of Mr Abbott's performance in the job though is neatly split in the poll, with a 47 per cent approval rating against a 46 per cent disapproval rating.

Mr Stirton says the Prime Minister's relatively high disapproval rating adds weight to the theory that voters were determined to get rid of Labor.

"The main reason for the change of government was voters were not happy with Labor, they didn't want Rudd, they didn't want Gillard. They wanted out," he said.

"And there was some reluctance to support the Coalition - and Tony Abbott was the least popular opposition leader ever to be elected to the prime ministership."

The poll of 1,400 people from Thursday to Saturday has a margin of error of 2.6 per cent.

First Nielsen poll since the election

Double Dissolution? Fat fucking chance.

senahorse

YAY, fix for NFS:Rivals on PC to make 60fps,

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60.0

Place that string in the target of the shortcut and 60fps bliss is restored :D:D:D

senahorse

Yeah, it's not a perfect fix because if you dip the game will slowdown, so still waiting for a fix from Ghost/Criterion, but this works for me :D.

I like how Ghost/Criterion have commented on it, saying they are targeting 60fps but no ETA, asshats, gimping the game so it doesn't outshine console versions too much.

Shaneus

Your PC has to be bang-on 60fps or something though, because apparently it still stuffs up if it drops below that (I don't know exactly how).

senahorse

Your PC has to be bang-on 60fps or something though, because apparently it still stuffs up if it drops below that (I don't know exactly how).

Just did 3 races and a pursuit (I wrecked :(), smooth as butter. I think any moderate gaming PC should be able to hit a solid 60 after playing around with the settings a bit while still maintaining a better IQ than the console versions.

No other Vita memory card deals? :(

Cod! Amazon have the G930 on sale again for $100 posted, cheapest it's been in 12 months!!!

So, I had a dream about an ausgaffer lastnight.

Reptilescorpio you lucky man. Danoss even made a guest apperance.

Rep was contemplating taking work interstate but he was obviously hesitant because of the kidlette, so he called danoss to review the opportunities being presented to him to weigh up the benefits of all offers (child care, dental etc), whether the family would move with him, or some of the jobs were more like 1 week off, 1 week on type deals.

we never got a conclusion though as my alarm went off.

I hope dream rep made the right call
Probably had sexy results :)

Had entertained the idea of moving a few times. Even weighed up moving back to Adelaide until I decided it would be too painful to move somewhere even more boring than Warrnambool :)

Kinda annoyed the Geelong plan never worked out, although job prospects in general there are bad so maybe I dodged a bullet. Our operations there are a huge mess as well.

Now that our son is going to Kindergarten next year I probably won't move unless it's a 'can't say no' kinda job offer that pops up. Would need to get the okay from him in any case as I would hate to put him out of sorts mentally, much more so than struggling along financially. I can work around money with budgets and thriftiness, mental health is a much harder issue to deal with.

That is a boss cover. Wish there were more freelance art covers for magazine rather than just reusing assets :(

In other news, I watched Pacific Rim on the weekend.... possibly the worst attempts at Australian accents I have ever heard. Hilarious.
Not quite sure if they were making legit attempts considering how jokey a lot of the movie was. Almost like that was part of the charm.

Love that movie :)

20off250 as well, so I hope BigW has a good Wii U deal next catalog (new on out on the 27th/28th)
I noticed over the weekend that the WiiU section had shrunk a lot at the Big W I was at. Had about 8 spots for games, no consoles in sight. Dick Smith finishing up their clear out too, all games/accessories are 50% off in the clearance bins.

Bernbaum

Currently in Sydney for work. I have to go straight to a big party in Brisbane immediately on Friday night and might need to get suitable attire someplace in Sydney.

Any suit stores in town that will trade after business hours that would sell suits appropriate for a 'New York' themed party? I'm thinking something gangster-esque whilst still keeping it stylish.

Amazon price drop on select games. PS4 - NFS rivals, Cod ghosts, Knack and BF4 are now $49 each.

Also, the best wireless mouse I've ever owned - The logitech Anywhere MX, is now $37 shipped from amazon. It's 100 bucks in most stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom