• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Hey AusGAF, just wanted to say that you guys live in a truly amazing country. Been traveling here for the last 6.5 months as a filthy backpacker and enjoyed every second of it. And especially the last 2.5 months in Melbourne were great. Best city I've been to so far :)

Darren870

Hey AusGAF, just wanted to say that you guys live in a truly amazing country. Been traveling here for the last 6.5 months as a filthy backpacker and enjoyed every second of it. And especially the last 2.5 months in Melbourne were great. Best city I've been to so far :)

Where are you from originally?

Melbourne is a great city. Really do love it here.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Austria, but been living in Germany for the last 14 years

Darren870

Ahh cool. Have had a few Germans and Austrians stay with me recently. All back packers traveling around Australia and seeing the country.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Couchsurfing? There are quite a few Germans in Australia, haven't met that many Austrians though.

I'll come back to Australia at some point. Really want to see the west coast.

Darren870

Nah, Airbnb. I rent out some rooms in my house through it. I live in Melbourne so a lot of backpackers seem to come through.

Shaneus

Fair points guys. Guess I'm just not meant to have this place :/ Or have pinball machines. Or have any fun of any kind whatsoever :(

Omikron

GTA5 PC looks pretty amazing apart from the textures maybe.

Also I am constantly amazed how fast behind current gen consoles are to what is capable on PC. Seriously huge power gap.

Fredescu

When you have enough money, just look for a place with a nice flat block and build a new shed on it. That will be much easier to find than a specific place with a specific shed and you'll be adding value to your property.

jambo

Gotta love a long weekend

Vk0kmdh.jpg

Deeku

Gotta love a long weekend

http://i.imgur.com/Vk0kmdh.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I have a 5 day holiday (easter long weekend plus some other asian holiday) and I'm doing jack shit cos I kinda didn't plan ahead :/

I guess there's bloodborne tho!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Living in Asia for the last five years made me forget that Easter existed.

And I wanted to go to the bank today. :/

I have a 5 day holiday (easter long weekend plus some other asian holiday) and I'm doing jack shit cos I kinda didn't plan ahead :/

Happy Tomb Sweeping Day! ;)

Paid $6 for 2L of milk today.

SIX BUCKS.

Fucking daylight robbery. Just because the supermarkets are closed the servos think they can keep their same as always jacked up prices >_<

Nah it's cool. Tastes great. Milk was a great choice for today.

Go to the US, Easter is all but ignored apart from eating those fucking marshmallow peeps. good Friday is only a holiday in 13 states and that's about it. You can't even get a hot cross bun.

I want a Hot cross bun now.

Paid $6 for 2L of milk today.

SIX BUCKS.

Fucking daylight robbery. Just because the supermarkets are closed the servos think they can keep their same as always jacked up prices >_<

Nah it's cool. Tastes great. Milk was a great choice for today.

I regularly pay $5-$5.5 for 2Lt Milks, but I only buy the good shit. That being said, we are very spoilt in SA, as far as quality dairy products, even if you pay for the quality.

It is when I need to smash down coffee all day.

MILK AND COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TAYMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

9d2fb44d7a3a7d76a987868d4d15f7c92dae9df86d0b635424b6670919d0ac13.jpg

Roulette

FYI, I am now #1 on the AusGAF leaderboard of every Pinball FX2 table I own.

I'd just like to use this occasion to announce my retirement, undefeated, from the world of video pinball.

Just got to Adelaide. Doesn't seem to be much open now. Looks like most the town is shut for good Friday.
Last time I visited Adelaide I went to Apothecary 1878, on Hindley Street. I thought it was alright. No idea if it's open.

There was also a pretty good Thai pace around there somewhere.

Darren870

Last time I visited Adelaide I went to Apothecary 1878, on Hindley Street. I thought it was alright. No idea if it's open.

There was also a pretty good Thai pace around there somewhere.

Will give it a try. The Wheatsheaf hotel looks great. Loads of craft beer on tap and their own brews. Closed today, but might try and get there tomorrow.

Beloved

Out of curiosity, anyone here in AusGaf originally from the US?

I'm American but I'll be moving to Victoria (about an hour from Melbourne) in September of this year.

Darren870

Out of curiosity, anyone here in AusGaf originally from the US?

I'm American but I'll be moving to Victoria (about an hour from Melbourne) in September of this year.

I am, I think DeadMan is too.

I live in Melbourne. Where in Vic are you moving to?

Beloved

I am, I think DeadMan is too.

I live in Melbourne. Where in Vic are you moving to?

In the middle of nowhere basically. Not far from Castlemaine and Bendigo.

Was the process of moving over there as stressful as I think it will be? Haha

I'm waiting to receive my US passport so I can then apply for a Visa

Darren870

In the middle of nowhere basically. Not far from Castlemaine and Bendigo.

Was the process of moving over there as stressful as I think it will be? Haha

I'm waiting to receive my US passport so I can then apply for a Visa

Why are you moving out that way? Not a whole lot going on there.

It's not really stressful, but then again I've been moving around and traveling for the past 7 years. Only annoying part is remembering to do my US tax returns every year!

My only advice would be is to sell everything. There's no point of keeping it as it doesn't work here.

So my Wii U seems to be broken yay

Gamepad doesn't connect to Wii U. Turn Gamepad on, console doesn't start up. Loads Nintendo Logo on gamepad and then says "Could not connect to the Wii U Console. Turn off the Wii U GamePad, then turn it on closer to the console" forever. farkk

gotta send it to ninty hey

I weep for you like I weep for a brother since you can't play N64 games on it over Easter.
Fear not fallen comrade, I shall play N64 games on Wii U in your name.

N64 games on Wii U.

Gazunta

FYI, I am now #1 on the AusGAF leaderboard of every Pinball FX2 table I own.

I'd just like to use this occasion to announce my retirement, undefeated, from the world of video pinball.
YOU MOTHERFUCKER

seriously, Grats. Great work!

hmm. do I spend all my spare time this week finishing a 8 page comic about a pair of koalas on a road trip OR try to beat one of Roullete's scores. WHAT SAY YOU AUSGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom