• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Must be a Melbourne thing then. We are constantly stealing trollies down here!!

Everyone steals trolleys everywhere. I use abandoned trolleys as markers whenever I go running.

I guess that the people who are paid to collect them have a strong union in Queensland...

no they have them in parts of Queensland. or more accurately, they try them out every few years and then get rid if them because they are so unpopular and $1 is still cheaper to walk a trolley home than getting a cab .One Woolies near me that did have this a few years ago got rid of it and now they have signs claiming the trolly will stop moving beyond the shopping centre perimeter.

The Tesco where I come from in Scotland has magnetic locks on the wheels. It's like some Running Man shit. Go past the perimeter and they immediately lock up...

...And then you just lift it up and throw it in the nearby river.

SmZA

So who here is posting via NBN? This is my first.

http://www.broadband.com.au/speedtest.html said:
Download Speed: 23478 kbps (2934.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 4805 kbps (600.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 3 ms
Jitter: 0 ms

Once the hardware was installed the changeover from ADSL was instant - no wait for ISP. The process was far easier than I'd imagined!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
To celebrate a weight loss milestone I treated myself to some beer.

Because I had a coupon on my receipt from Woolies, I got 6x Hahn Super Dry 3.5 for $10.

Verdict: surprisingly not awful.

Also Woolies were having another "fill a bag of fruit & veg for $3" deal when I went there. Considering I'm still eating the stuff I got the last time, I decided against it.

Kritz

Banned
Sydney day 0:
Went to the Lindt chocolate cafe near darling harbour
Walked to the bridge and then to the opera house
Had many beers and various snacks
Got my selfie on
Caught a ferry back to the harbour
Got immensely lost trying to find China town because I guess the roads are all fucked from construction or I'm an idiot and can't use phone maps.
Then had delicious Korean food and finally went to hotel to sleep forever

Phone estimates I walked 30km yesterday. I am having pain killers for breakfast.

senahorse

Top of the morning to you all.

xawm5NUnsC2SUbJnfm3ltRXofqEhcZPbWNEJbjjvV7c=w1274-h956-no

What a lovely day! :D

^ mad jelly
I haven't rode around in the bush for a few years now :'(

30km kritz? Shiiiiiit
Where do you eat Korean food/what did you have? Iirc Chinatown ain't actually that big

senahorse

^ mad jelly

Just got back (well spent the last hour unloading the gear and cleaning the bikes), was an awesome ride. We arrived at the crack of dawn, and there was an old fella (in his 50s/60s) unloading a nice new KTM. There has been a little bit of rain lately so there was loads of mud, soft dirt and NO DUST :D. When we got back to the car there were 12 more cars/utes there, Glasshouse Mountains is a popular spot.

Kritz

Banned
^ mad jelly

30km kritz? Shiiiiiit
Where do you eat Korean food/what did you have? Iirc Chinatown ain't actually that big

Um, it wasn't a BBQ grill place, it was called amiibos or something. My sister had a whole ordeal ordering, because she accidentally ordered a banquet.

Yagharek

So who here is posting via NBN? This is my first.

Once the hardware was installed the changeover from ADSL was instant - no wait for ISP. The process was far easier than I'd imagined!

Is that any good? I'm on ADSL2 and get about 1400KB/s down. Are you sure you haven't misplaced an M?

Just got back (well spent the last hour unloading the gear and cleaning the bikes), was an awesome ride. We arrived at the crack of dawn, and there was an old fella (in his 50s/60s) unloading a nice new KTM. There has been a little bit of rain lately so there was loads of mud, soft dirt and NO DUST :D. When we got back to the car there were 12 more cars/utes there, Glasshouse Mountains is a popular spot.

Sounds sweet! mmm looks like a great spot. I need to get to some national parks!

Um, it wasn't a BBQ grill place, it was called amiibos or something. My sister had a whole ordeal ordering, because she accidentally ordered a banquet.

lol sounds like it could possibly be arisun

I've only been to a few korean restaurants in sydney though so I'm not very knowledgeable

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Played and finished Wolf new order this weekend. It felt like i was halfway through when it finished, which was a shame.

Good game, Dunno if it was worth all the hype it got though.

Played and finished Wolf new order this weekend. It felt like i was halfway through when it finished, which was a shame.

I thought it was decent rather than great. I preferred the 2009 one to this grimfest. That said, there wasn't a lot of competition for single player shooters when it launched.

Same way people loved Shadow of Mordor when it came out. A month later and no one would have cared a jot.

yeah, people like different things from other people.

Shadow of Mordor is the one game I regret buying this generation. Just doesn't click for me :(

Yeah it was really good rather than great. I appreciated the more serious (lol) approach but was still aching for a balls out action game like Painkiller. Every now and then it allowed a messy approach but 95% of the time it was hard to convince myself to abandon stealth when it was so damn effective.

Hoping Doom scratches that itch if they end up revamping again.

Jintor

shadow of mordor more like shadow of boredor right, right?

it was okay. just enough different ambiance to be different to assassin's creed/batman for a little bit, but the entire nemesis system kinda fell apart when I realised there wasn't anything to it if you don't die a bunch

Jintor

i liked all of wolf though. not necessarily for its gameplay elements though.

i don't know if i can enjoy standard shooters anymore for their gameplay :<

Dead Man

4532747409.png

Fuck you, iiNet. Tell me there is no problem, when I go from 10 to 0.35? Wankers. Anyone used AusBBS? Thinking of giving them a shot since they have a no contract unlimited plan for a decent price and they reckon they do a free transfer to a NBN plan after 6 months. Which is useless at my house, but my girlfirends is getting NBN in the next 2-6 months (apparently) and her ADSL is shithouse too.

Commbank giving me free upgrade to Platinum Master card and Amex, should I go for it? Don't want to end up with hidden costs later on, though it clearly states that the interest and annual fee remains the same...

senahorse

I raised concern about the lax attitude to motorcycle licencing in Qld the other day, it seems they are looking at changing it.

Queenslanders may soon find it harder to get a motorcycle licence under new rules being considered to combat a spike in road deaths. The state government is thinking about introducing a learner licence practical test and extending the period riders spend on their L-plates and restricted licences. There have been 32 motorcycle-related deaths in Queensland this year, a rise of 60 per cent over the same time last year.
Main Roads Minister Mark Bailey is seeking community feedback after launching a discussion paper and an online survey on Sunday.

"It's in the first three years of getting their licence that the greatest risk is there for motorcycle riders," he said. "We're proposing a number of measures that we'd like to hear from the Queensland community about." Car drivers who want a motorbike learner licence now do not have to sit a practical test. There is no minimum period before learners can take the practical test for a restricted licence. They can graduate from the restricted licence, which has a zero-alcohol and no-passenger requirement, to an unrestricted licence in one year.

Motorcycle Riders Association of Queensland president Chris Mearns said a "pre-learners" exam would bring Queensland into line with most other states. "At the minute what we're doing is giving people a learners' permit and saying, 'Here go and play on the road,'" he said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...e-licences-20150726-giku0t.html#ixzz3h2BLdnIa

Commbank giving me free upgrade to Platinum Master card and Amex, should I go for it? Don't want to end up with hidden costs later on, though it clearly states that the interest and annual fee remains the same...

Yeah you should, better card perks I'd imagine.

I raised concern about the lax attitude to motorcycle licencing in Qld the other day, it seems they are looking at changing it.

Probably for the best.

senahorse

Looks like Telstra didn't forget about me after all, just logged in to find my quota is 1TB, not bad for $93/month with a sync'd speed of ~115Mb. Shame about the upload but I am content for now.

Stackboy

I got the platinum on Shadow of Mordor and I can barely remember it.

shadow of mordor more like shadow of boredor right, right?

it was okay. just enough different ambiance to be different to assassin's creed/batman for a little bit, but the entire nemesis system kinda fell apart when I realised there wasn't anything to it if you don't die a bunch

I didn't get why SoM showed up on so many people GOTY lists. I felt like I was playing a different game.

Fredescu

I've been carrying around Amex plus either Visa/Mastercard forever. If they charge extra for Amex, just use the other. Amex have the best deals and rewards. I wouldn't bother, but the wife is the CFO so I do as I'm told.

I've been carrying around Amex plus either Visa/Mastercard forever. If they charge extra for Amex, just use the other. Amex have the best deals and rewards. I wouldn't bother, but the wife is the CFO so I do as I'm told.

Yeah just use it as a secondary card, that's what my buddy does. Costs him nothing to have apparently.

Similar to why I have my 28 degrees card, it's just there for specific times I want it for (best foreign conversion rate).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom