• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
2l0kPmM.jpg

X1 with AC Black Flag & AC Unity for $388 from Big W from Boxing Day

Wake me up when Halo 5 is out (and is good) then we will talk.

trinest

VMrr27i.gif

I don't care, Xbox is a Halobox to me. All it is, all it will ever be. Also those 2 games don't interest me, i enjoy car games for like 5 hrs tops then give up on them.

If you think of it as a Halo box you will miss out on so much, heck I got the Xbox One first out of it and the PS4 and I hate Halo.

Jintor

But he's snake/big boss!

Honestly in my heart of hearts I'm still going for hayter to show up somewhere in phantom pain, but I don't think it's going to happen... Bah

Thing about Hayter's voice is, it sounds like a dude who doesn't have a husky voice trying to do a husky voice. It doesn't sound objectively good whereas Keifer has a nice husky voice.

That said, we're so used to Hayter's voice that that's what we hear in our heads when we see a picture of Snake.

Fogz

But he's snake/big boss!

Honestly in my heart of hearts I'm still going for hayter to show up somewhere in phantom pain, but I don't think it's going to happen... Bah

I like the speculation that Solid Snake will show up, voiced by Hayter, which is why they needed Keifer to distinguish between them.

That said, we're so used to Hayter's voice that that's what we hear in our heads when we see a picture of Snake.

Metal Gear!?

Jintor

Thing about Hayter's voice is, it sounds like a dude who doesn't have a husky voice trying to do a husky voice. It doesn't sound objectively good whereas Keifer has a nice husky voice.

Metal... Gear...?!?

CmdBash

can anyone recommend me a good bluetooth adapter? I've bought some generic one and it seems to lose connection to my dualshock 4 after barely 2 meters.

Shaneus

I just got my Blow the Cartridge 4 in the mail! Woo! I got two copies of it though, Gaz... is that okay? They were both addressed to me so if you like, I'll befriend another Shane and give one to him :)

Deeku

I posted one a few weeks ago from target, you snooze you lose!
I only got back to oz early this week..:(

I actually went to target today just to make sure there wasn't like a skylanders bundle that was somehow still around lol but yeah, no dice

like, right now i'm eyeing the jb 399 mario kart + just dance bundle trying to convince myself it's not a shitty deal...

I actually went to target today just to make sure there wasn't like a skylanders bundle that was somehow still around lol but yeah, no dice

like, right now i'm eyeing the jb 399 mario kart + just dance bundle trying to convince myself it's not a shitty deal...

It's okay, rather than outright shitty. It's not firesale prices like it has occasionally been but it's a decent deal.

I had a look around, that seems about the best you'll get before xmas if you want a low price and Mario Kart. Kmart has a $339 thing in their catalogue but it doesn't have a game with it and has a picture of the 8Gb white one. So yeah, adding $60 for MK8 qnd getting a $20-30 game on top sounds okay.

and you then get to play Lego City, Mario 3D World, SSB, Bayo 2 and WW HD.

kyser73

Does anyone know if Dick Smith go with lowest released price when you pre-order. or are you stick paying the price you pre-ordered at if it wasn't on a deal?

I've asked for a ton of gift cards in expectation of some tasty Dick action, but can't find anything relevant like this in their T&Cs.

It's a real shitty deal, especially compared with the target one. But with that said the target one isn't available anymore so not a good comparison.

Does anyone know if Dick Smith go with lowest released price when you pre-order. or are you stick paying the price you pre-ordered at if it wasn't on a deal?

I've asked for a ton of gift cards in expectation of some tasty Dick action, but can't find anything relevant like this in their T&Cs.

Lowest priced.

Fusebox

Banned
He was drunk, so you stood in FRONT of his car? Balls of steel.

And I got a Wii U basic skylanders bundle from Kmart for like, $170 or something recently. How come they're so expensive again?

Kritz

Banned
at some point you use the tools you got at hand

I still don't understand the rules to king's cup, it's a dumb game
edit: markot, I feel like you'd approve that me and company were yelling out the third story window at 2am some truly awful things about "Hitler" and "doing nothing wrong". I'm not so proud of that moment.

Fredescu

And I got a Wii U basic skylanders bundle from Kmart for like, $170 or something recently. How come they're so expensive again?

That was a clearance deal. Old Skylanders plus worst sku of an already unpopular console. The RRP is still more than double that.

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah Skylanders sucks, but has the Basic Wii U bundle been changed since then?

Anyone know anywhere with a Little Mac Amiigo in stock?

Fredescu

It's not so much that it sucks, but it's a yearly franchise with a yearly crapload of toys. They'd want to clear this years inventory in time for the next one, and having them bundled with a slow selling console is not good news for shelf space.

As for the basic, I don't think anyone other than EB stocks it. It's all but discontinued.

Gazunta

The wife loved her iMac. Yay, Christmas saved THANKS PRESIDOG.

Now I'm standing in front of a JB waiting for it to open so I can get myself a New 3DS XL. The Faceplates are cool and all but I need that big screen!

The wife loved her iMac. Yay, Christmas saved THANKS PRESIDOG.

Now I'm standing in front of a JB waiting for it to open so I can get myself a New 3DS XL. The Faceplates are cool and all but I need that big screen!

Price match with Target or are they cheaper at JB? I can't remember 100% who has the cheapest price now :/

Still tempted to grab a New 3DS from Target since it's only $198 and my cheap copy of Pokemon Y is calling for me right now.

Darren870

Wouldn't mind getting an xbox one. Missus and I want to play Wolfenstein pretty badly. I didn't even know she liked games until we were out a few months ago and said 'WOAH New Wolfenstein!!" Always a plus.

I only have my US Wii, 360 and original Xbox with me. So might be time to upgrade and retire the old systems.

I am guessing live arcade games don't transfer over though? I have so many, some I haven't even played yet! :(

Wouldn't mind getting an xbox one. Missus and I want to play Wolfenstein pretty badly. I didn't even know she liked games until we were out a few months ago and said 'WOAH New Wolfenstein!!" Always a plus.

I only have my US Wii, 360 and original Xbox with me. So might be time to upgrade and retire the old systems.

I am guessing live arcade games don't transfer over though? I have so many, some I haven't even played yet! :(

Zero backwards compatibility on X1 and PS4. Although a heap of PSN games are PS3/Vita/PS4 crossbuy so you can still use those ones on the PS4 without rebuying them (Flower, Hotline Miami, OlliOlli, etc).

Also you should buy a vita.

Also I think the new Wolf was on 360/PS3 as well as PS4/X1/PC. It was a nice surprise but I don't hold it as highly as others. A lot of great stuff in there but never rose to a top level FPS for me for long, felt very piecemeal (reminded me of Painkiller in that regard). The addition of stealth and exploration levels were great though.

Quiet as fuck in here.

PSA! Driveclub, Little Big Planet 3, AC Black Flag (X1) & AC Unity (X1) are heavily bundled at the moment. You should be able to get a copy close by for $30ish on Gumtree!

senahorse

All this talk about new 3DS's, we got a couple of the new XL 3DS's when they were released, still boxed, I wonder if they will stay in the box as long as the Wii-U did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom