• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roulette

I got an Asus Transformer t100 I think for 500, it's borderline on some programs, but does most of what I want and the size is perfect. No idea if it will run elements, but it does run full windows with no major issues.

http://www.asus.com/au/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_Transformer_Book_T100TA/

Looks like they are 424 at dicks, didn't look anywhere else.

http://www.dicksmith.com.au/computers-tablets/asus-10-1-transformer-book-t100ta-dk003h-dsau-xc9233

This may be what I'm after. Thanks! Cursory googling shows someone running CS5 on it (albeit with slowdown), so with any luck I can track one down in the next couple days.

Danoss

CHINGUYA!

The Genius season 3 finished up last night. The finale was excellent, as was the rest of the season overall.

If you're someone who had been turned off by the events of season 2, don't let that dissuade you from returning to watch the show. It is hard to improve on the cast and events of season 1 and I don't think anyone would expect this. Season 3 is a worthy successor. The issues raised by the events of season 2 and suspicions held by some viewers have been addressed.

There is more I want to say, just one sentence, maybe even one word would suffice. However, I think doing so would be enough to put thoughts into the heads of any who may decide to watch it, or others who are yet to view the season final which may taint the experience. All I'll say is that I am sure the bitter taste left by season 2 will be dissolved by the sweetness of season 3.

The Genius: Black Garnet - viewable here.

Card Boy

Banned
From ozbargain

Basically EB are selling the Steelseries Dota 2 mouse bundle which comes with a Steelseries Kana mouse worth $50, a mini mousepad worth $12 and a digital "Kantusa Scrift Sword" code. This digital item sells for USD$40-42 on the Steam store which after Steam takes their cut gives you about USD$35 in your Steam wallet. So essentially you're getting a free mouse and mousepad and AUD$44 Steam credit for just AUD$36.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine Kantusa the Script Sword

There still seems to be quite a bit of stock at EB games, nearly every store at the Gold Coast has it. You can input your postcode on the EB website to find out where there's stock. When I went there they only had one left though.

Also you will need to install Dota 2 (6.6GB) to sell the item on the Steam marketplace.

Rahk

CHINGUYA!

The Genius season 3 finished up last night. The finale was excellent, as was the rest of the season overall.

If you're someone who had been turned off by the events of season 2, don't let that dissuade you from returning to watch the show. It is hard to improve on the cast and events of season 1 and I don't think anyone would expect this. Season 3 is a worthy successor. The issues raised by the events of season 2 and suspicions held by some viewers have been addressed.

There is more I want to say, just one sentence, maybe even one word would suffice. However, I think doing so would be enough to put thoughts into the heads of any who may decide to watch it, or others who are yet to view the season final which may taint the experience. All I'll say is that I am sure the bitter taste left by season 2 will be dissolved by the sweetness of season 3.

So good.

I liked it as much as season 1. Well, maybe not as much since it was still fresh back then, but this was still a great season. Anyone who enjoyed season 1 should watch it and forget about season 2.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
CHINGUYA!

What season 2 issues?

I'll admit I stopped watching season 2 probably with about 4 eps to go.

I don't really know why.. something just didnt work for me.. but it would be interesting to hear what others didn't like.

also Rahk and Evls weekly discussions indeed make me want to watch it.

Danoss

What season 2 issues?

I'll admit I stopped watching season 2 probably with about 4 eps to go.

I don't really know why.. something just didnt work for me.. but it would be interesting to hear what others didn't like.

also Rahk and Evls weekly discussions indeed make me want to watch it.

The main issues were the alliances that formed and the games often enabled the main group to easily muscle the others out. It wasn't so much about skill, mental aptitude, or cunning as it was about outnumbering others. This was exemplified in the infamous episode where Doohee was eliminated. He had a crucial item stolen during a match and literally could not participate in the match. It played out exactly like a schoolyard bully routine where it was claimed to be "a joke that went too far". Each episode films over roughly 8 hours, so he was rightfully upset. This was followed up by him being set up for the ultimate betrayal and elimination at the episode end.

The other issue people had was that some deathmatches seemed to appear at particularly opportune times. Yohwan was up for elimination and laser chess makes an appearance as the deathmatch, where Yohwan is at a distinct advantage.

Both issues bothered me, the former more-so than the latter. Yohwan tanking on purpose throughout the season was also rather grating as the games often fell apart once this begun.

Season 2 was a misstep, but I think it has caused the show to improve. It wasn't without it's moments but, while those moments were great, I think it's best forgotten. You'll see in the first episode of season 3 how they addressed these issues and came back strong.

Man I hate flying longhaul. Taking off and landing is fun but fuuuuck

Waited 3 hours on the tarmac in Seoul because of snow and ice before a 5 hour flight to Vietnam where I am currently waiting a couple of hours to take a 9 hour flight to Sydney. Kill me now. It's not till I'm in the midst of a long haul flight that I remember how terrible they are. Hopefully I can become rich enough one day to avoid economy.

CHINGUYA!

So good! I've been watching it as it releases but haven't really felt the need to talk about it ITT. For my discussion fix I've been talking to Koreans about it though I have tow wait about a week after they watch it to see it lol.

Overall it was more smooth and satisfying than season 2 though I still liked season 2 for the most part.

hamchan

Having pledged to not buy any new games until March next year when FF Type-0 and Bloodborne drops, I've taken a look at my backlog and I reckon I can spend the next 3 years playing through it all and not having to buy any new games.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So good! I've been watching it as it releases but haven't really felt the need to talk about it ITT. For my discussion fix I've been talking to Koreans about it though I have tow wait about a week after they watch it to see it lol.

Overall it was more smooth and satisfying than season 2 though I still liked season 2 for the most part.

Where are you talking to koreans about it all? I want to talk to koreans :(

Jintor

Having pledged to not buy any new games until March next year when FF Type-0 and Bloodborne drops, I've taken a look at my backlog and I reckon I can spend the next 3 years playing through it all and not having to buy any new games.

so long as you resist the lure of the gaming zeitgeist or the shiny call to buy new things

i have a steam, psn and 3ds backlog a mile long and i still want to just buy things

fucking built in consumerismmmm

Stackboy

Nice. Why does the stock lookup thing only work intermittently though? I swear it works sometimes, but at the moment it's saying "phone your local store" for everything.

Would it be because it's hard to keep track of instore stock during xmas? Surely all that stuff is computerised anyway.

the downside to drinking yourself into a coma is that you lose the entire next day of your life being hungover

Good tip, will use.

the downside to drinking yourself into a coma is that you lose the entire next day of your life being hungover

Rookie mistake. Drink more water whilst drinking, eat before drinking. No hangover.

NB: Drinking shit alcohol with bad preservatives will make hangovers unavoidable.

Kritz

Banned
Rookie mistake. Drink more water whilst drinking, eat before drinking. No hangover.

NB: Drinking shit alcohol with bad preservatives will make hangovers unavoidable.

it's the water that got me. I had a big bowl of rice and chicken before drinking. Polished off a six pack of little creatures in about 40-60 minutes, was still going fine, then the vodka and gin and baleys came out and that was me done. Didn't start drinking water until it was too late.

Tell you what though, watching a movie when you've shot your entire short term memory is one hell of an experience.

Kritz when are you opening a Tasmanian studio. You've got to kick start the Tassie games industry.
Kritz IS the Tasmanian games industry.

hey we have at least one kind-of-but-not-really company in hobart cbd that makes things that loosely fit the definition of games. Good ol' Secret Lab.

Kritz

Banned
he does owe me a favour - I did shout him a curly wurly one time, a year and a half ago...
what's a curly wurly with two years worth of interest worth?

Holy fucking shit, how did I not know this? Bennett Foddy, creator of QWOP (and Sportsfriends) is Australian. He was also a bassist for Cut Copy.

Had no idea at all. Cool bit of trivia!

Ha that's neat. Love me some cut copy.

Where are you talking to koreans about it all? I want to talk to koreans :(

In Korea lol. I just came back today from a semester exchange at Korea University, so I spent about 4 months living in Seoul. Was wicked.

I believe there is a threshold that if you drink to, this advice no longer applies. I should probably stop drinking so much lol.

jambo

GTA 3 definitely had the best talk-back, with VCPR in a close second.

I only liked about 3 stations in SA, whereas almost all of VC is great. So great that I bought the CD box set.

IV and V have some great stuff, but I think they suffer somewhat from having so many tracks spread across so many stations.

HolyCheck

Damn rooster! Was gonna say we coulda caught up. Then I realised I was in Korea 9 months ago.

Then I realised it's the end of the year.

Fuck :t

HolyCheck

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=957655

bigger than ausgaf

comics-death-birthday-199894.jpeg

HolyCheck

It's cloudy, not even wwarm..

But by gosh it's summer so I'm wearing my footy guernsey, shorts and thongs! Onwards to Mt gambier, have a nice xmas ausgaf, and happy festivus for yesterday.

Dead Man

It's cloudy, not even wwarm..

But by gosh it's summer so I'm wearing my footy guernsey, shorts and thongs! Onwards to Mt gambier, have a nice xmas ausgaf, and happy festivus for yesterday.

Don't fucking do it! You're young, you have your whole life ahead of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom