• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

Yeah the panic (thinking stroke) was the worst, anxiety went through the roof, started feeling nauseous and had that feeling like I might die, my partner was talking to me via chat at the start of it just before panic set in and there was a gap of about half an hour where I didn't speak to her (busy with doctor), she was terrified :(. But of all the things it could have been seems (still waiting for MRI results) it's one of the better things.

Had a bit of a scare at work yesterday, half of my face got really numb all of a sudden and I couldn't move muscles on one part of my face (think half smile etc). Immediate thoughts went to thinking I was having/about to have a stroke. Went straight to doctor's (it's right beside work) where they did a bunch of tests and doing more today (CT scan, MRI etc) to rule some extra nasty things out but it's looking like it's Bell's Palsy, so I guess I have half a face to work with for a few months at least. Apparently most people regain most if not all control of it. It's certainly difficult drinking and eating at the moment, also I can only barely close my right eye and it's constantly watering. Could be a lot worse so it's something to be positive about :)

Fingers crossed it clears up sooner rather than later!

good luck parityclaws

in other news today

TbwxbWK.png

mobile network

Yrael

Had a bit of a scare at work yesterday, half of my face got really numb all of a sudden and I couldn't move muscles on one part of my face (think half smile etc). Immediate thoughts went to thinking I was having/about to have a stroke. Went straight to doctor's (it's right beside work) where they did a bunch of tests and doing more today (CT scan, MRI etc) to rule some extra nasty things out but it's looking like it's Bell's Palsy, so I guess I have half a face to work with for a few months at least. Apparently most people regain most if not all control of it. It's certainly difficult drinking and eating at the moment, also I can only barely close my right eye and it's constantly watering. Could be a lot worse so it's something to be positive about :)

Yikes, that's terrifying. Glad it isn't the worst case scenario.

senahorse

Thanks all, just got results from MRI and nothing bad which is good. Prescribed a course of some prednisone which apparently helps, and will take some time off work, also lost most of my taste in my tongue which isn't great, I barely tasted that cheeseburger, but maybe that wasn't anything to do with loss of taste.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Going to Laneway made me feel really old, everyone is terrible and music these days is just awful.

But Battles was excellent.

Grimes & Purity Ring would've been amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

Not my cup of tea, way too poppy. I need me more guitars.

Battles were very excellent, was also the easiest effort ever to get on the fence/front-center for a band.

Grimes was fantastic! Unfortunately clashed with Battles though. Didn't get to catch Purity Ring but I'm going to see them tomorrow night.

Yeah that was great, being able to get up the front nice and easily. My wife came to find me a few minutes before the set started and she had no problems getting up the front.

I was a soundwave fan a few years ago, when there was more punk and ska, I like metal but not as much as other soundwave fans.

Am so most excited for Battles.

Atlas is a song i have listened to several hundreds of times. Heck that entire album i have probably listened to a hundred or more times.

Also super excited for High Tension.

Was a huge fan of Young and The restless back in the naughties, and have been enjoying high tension since they formed post that.

Also pretty keen for vince staples.

Heck just excited for an enjoyable day.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it

A friend of mine had that a few months ago. He was put on some steroids and came out of it fine a month or so later. Glad you got onto it early. Some people heal quickly and some don't. Getting it early is hopefully a good sign.

Thanks all, just got results from MRI and nothing bad which is good. Prescribed a course of some prednisone which apparently helps, and will take some time off work, also lost most of my taste in my tongue which isn't great, I barely tasted that cheeseburger, but maybe that wasn't anything to do with loss of taste.

My friend was on a high dose of prednisone and said she got a moon face during, so perhaps you have that to look forward to!

Shaneus

Jesus Parity, that sounds severe as hell. Will look it up and see how it could've cropped up on you, have heard of it but don't know any specifics.

Is it wrong that I laughed to myself a little when you mentioned a cheeseburger because of this?
i-can-has-cheezburger.jpg
'

Edit: Just reading about it now, holy shit that must've been scary. I get bad anxiety at times too but imagine it's nothing compared to what you copped. Glad the outlook is good!

what has been people's experience of pre-ordering and delivery of games from JB HI FI?

I just bought SFV and to be delivered to my workplace. Their website says that the item will be dispatched a day before official release from Melbourne but may take up to three days.

I am in Adelaide, so hopefully it means I get the game on the day of release (one day after leaving Melbourne).

Darren870

Speaking of JB-HiFi

I have a $10 giftcard I'd like to sell if anyone is interested. I won't use it so would like to sell it on.

senahorse

Thanks again guys, work was happy for me to take some time off so just kicking back at home. As much as it sucks at the moment, at least it's not a major debilitating thing, just uncomfortable, guess I will get to catch up on some tv and games. And Shaneus, you will go to hell
Just kidding, that is actually kind of funny :D

Fredescu

By the way Parity, I quite liked the gameplay in the new PES. The metagame in FIFA has it's hooks in me bad though, so I didn't stick with it. Ultimate Team can be MMO levels of addictive. The MyClub thing in PES is eh.

Shaneus

Anyone interested in going halvsies on a two-pack of arcade fight sticks? Best would be if you're in Melbourne, otherwise the savings would be negated in having to post the suckers off.

They have packs of 2x360 sticks, 2xPS3 or one of each. Still not sure which one I want yet, just figure that with the news of Madcatz basically hitting the skids, they may become a bit harder to find.

what has been people's experience of pre-ordering and delivery of games from JB HI FI?

I just bought SFV and to be delivered to my workplace. Their website says that the item will be dispatched a day before official release from Melbourne but may take up to three days.

I am in Adelaide, so hopefully it means I get the game on the day of release (one day after leaving Melbourne).

I think I've only ever done it once for Witcher 2. They posted it on the previous Friday and I got it on the Monday a day before the official release.

Anyone interested in going halvsies on a two-pack of arcade fight sticks? Best would be if you're in Melbourne, otherwise the savings would be negated in having to post the suckers off.

They have packs of 2x360 sticks, 2xPS3 or one of each. Still not sure which one I want yet, just figure that with the news of Madcatz basically hitting the skids, they may become a bit harder to find.

I don't want to go halves in Greg hunter.

wrong link

Deeku

Get well soon Parity!

By the way Parity, I quite liked the gameplay in the new PES. The metagame in FIFA has it's hooks in me bad though, so I didn't stick with it. Ultimate Team can be MMO levels of addictive. The MyClub thing in PES is eh.
Yeah PES is legit pretty good now, only taken them like 10 yrs to get it right again!

I think I've only ever done it once for Witcher 2. They posted it on the previous Friday and I got it on the Monday a day before the official release.

cool, I was worried about not getting the game at or one or two days max after the release date. This sort of reduces some of my anxiety about not having the game when everyone else is playing it.

The last couple of big games I have bought (bloodbourne and MGSV), I never pre-order and then the only copies left are the ones at EBs which are more expensive than JBs.

I also want the game delivered to my work as it makes it easier to play it as soon as I can leave work and get home!

cool, I was worried about not getting the game at or one or two days max after the release date. This sort of reduces some of my anxiety about not having the game when everyone else is playing it.

The last couple of big games I have bought (bloodbourne and MGSV), I never pre-order and then the only copies left are the ones at EBs which are more expensive than JBs.

I also want the game delivered to my work as it makes it easier to play it as soon as I can leave work and get home!

Lol yep, I thought I'd be able to walk into JB HI-fi/BigW/Target on Fallout 4's release date and just pick up a copy for PC. Sold out everywhere and had to pay $90 at EB.

N0VAM0D

Grimes & Purity Ring would've been amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

Currently at Grime's show at the Enmore Theatre, first support act just finished and it was great!

Shit, I hope you're okay! Get well!

Deeku

I really appreciate that jase has kept up his "pounce on shaneus at any given time" schtick for so long, cracks me up every single time! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom