• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot about that show. Just did a Google image search and Jesus, those women knew what they were doing.

Darren870

Finally in the process of combining my UK pensions into one account. Has taken forever, but looks like it might be done in a month or so.

This whole moving/living abroad thing can be a royal pain in the ass sometimes.

senahorse

By the way Parity, I quite liked the gameplay in the new PES. The metagame in FIFA has it's hooks in me bad though, so I didn't stick with it. Ultimate Team can be MMO levels of addictive. The MyClub thing in PES is eh.

Glad you gave it a go, the gameplay from last I played is really solid but I agree Fifa's mode are much more fleshed out.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm on Internode, naked ADSL, and have been getting line drop outs on and off for the last 3 or so days. Most frequent at night / early morning. Is this likely due to the various issues and maintenance Telstra is having?

Deeku

Attn Omi or other spreadsheet game enthusiasts:

I see that FM16 is on sale now and I'm feelin the urge... but I'm also seeing some negative reviews. Is this years version actually not great, or is it just that every year there will be a group of unhappy fans that say it's trash but still play it for hundreds of hours?

I'm on Internode, naked ADSL, and have been getting line drop outs on and off for the last 3 or so days. Most frequent at night / early morning. Is this likely due to the various issues and maintenance Telstra is having?

Eerily familiar. It pays to have a bookmark on your phone for internode's service status page, and if you're on Reach (that is where internode uses Telstra equipment) have Telstra Service Status page also bookmarked.

I have next to no internet at my home just yet so I would kill for even flaky Internet.

Cerity

Jesus, it looks like one of the regulars at work got caught up in drug related activity. They found his and his girlfriends (?) body in a metal box at the bottom of a dam yesterday afternoon.

Didn't think this kind of thing happened in general in Australia anymore.

Huh, probably does have something to do with line maintenance, I'm with iiNet who of course lease their lines from Telstra, and for about a week our internet connection has dropped and sometimes even failed to reconnect until the morning.

Jesus, it looks like one of the regulars at work got caught up in drug related activity. They found his and his girlfriends (?) body in a metal box at the bottom of a dam yesterday afternoon.

Im honestly surprised there isn't more drug related incidents in Logan. Also who thought third ave was a good place to dump a body, it's practically in suburbia.

For those interested http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-11/two-bodies-inside-metal-box-found-in-logan-dam/7159196

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it

Holy shit that's scary

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
That's easy for you to say, you have access to all that sweet geriatric medicine! Us regular plebs have to get our drugs from shady people in darkened alleyways.

Hahaha. Man I don't get access to the good stuff unless I'm with another nurse. Though twice this week I was handed the previous nights strong medicines coz the nurses the night before didn't administer them properly and the morning staff found them. So in theory I could have taken them. But gross floor pills.

Darren870

Deadpool was awesome.

I remember you saying you were already on decent money, fuck you.

congrats

Thanks! Its a hard job but someone has to do it .... :)

If it makes you feel better i snapped off the peddle on my bicycle, so I'll be paying to get that fixed soon.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Deadpool was funny. Deadpool had great humour.

Outside of the sections that were heavily "deadpoolish" (breaking 4th wall, character stuff and more) it was a fairly average film, by film standards.

Sequences that were not "deadpoolish" but were.. conversations or action scenes... were not shot well. Very.. average. Angles, lighting. Everything. It just rubbed me the wrong way. Shoul

I would indeed watch it again. But i would fast forward 3 or so 10 - 15 minute blocks. And not feel like i missed out on anything but bad editing, and first year uni continuity.

But the deadpools were great. Opening was great. Every scene where deadpool was speaking was great. Or doing something (other than a few unexciting fight scenes) were great.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I don't know what it is, but something about the Xcom snake enemies really makes my skin crawl.

you should google xcom snake fanart trust me you will like it

MoonGred

you should google xcom snake fanart trust me you will like it

As a person who hates snakes I really shouldn't even be thinking about this. You've planted a seed you bastard!

Gonna go ahead and say you probably shouldn't do that.

Thanks Rizzi, I was actually close to doing it.

I don't know what it is with snakes but they really creep me out. It's by far one of my biggest dislikes of Australia, going for a walk and constantly being on edge and on the lookout for snakes. That and having hay fever, something I never had back home.

Darren870

What are you doing now? You're still in Network Security right?

Yea mate, just a team lead now but still network security. Which is good I suppose.

Though I was much more senior in the UK and making about 50k more there.

Quality of life is much better here though. That's the trade off.

Edit: oh and if your looking for a security job in Melbourne give me a shout.. Or anywhere in the world at that

Rezbit

Can the deals octopus help me out with a price for a wii u pro controller? Cant find anything under 70 bucks. Playing Mario Maker and want a (much) longer battery life.

dity

Whoa. I'm back, I'm sweltering hot, and I bought one of those Heller misting fans from JB HiFi and it hasn't blown up yet. Also the price for the Bravely Second Deluxe Edition here in Australia is insane.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
fucking hell.

so

mirrored by battles is one of my most listened to albums of the last decade

atlas is my most listneed to and most favourite song of the last decade by a fucking mile.

finally got to see them live today.

holy shit.

15 minute atlas was god like

So I need a taaaaad bit of advice.

I want to find a job that I can work from home with (so I can still put time into working on the game) but I'm not sure where to start looking.

Anyone here had any experience with something like that?

dity

So I need a taaaaad bit of advice.

I want to find a job that I can work from home with (so I can still put time into working on the game) but I'm not sure where to start looking.

Anyone here had any experience with something like that?
I, too, would also like to hear about how to gain such a dream position. Unless it's cold calling as a telemarketer from home.

Gazunta

Telephone sex operators make decent money and work from home, you can set your own hours too.

Don't ask me how I know this

I really need to add Battles to the work playlist after hearing Stackboy's wife go on about how amazing they were and you guys losing your brains over them.

The wife and I saw he musical Cats today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqL1dqIyYwc

That pretty much sums up how I feel about the musical Cats.

ANYWAY. I need your help AusGAF!

I want to finally get rid of Foxtel completely and need to figure out what I need to set up to fill in the gaps. We've been mostly just watching stuff on Netflix and using the Foxtel IQ stuff to record everything else.

However there's still SOME shows that the wife likes that are not on Netflix or FTA and I can't ditch Foxtel until I can set up a system that will do the job for me. Personally all I use Foxtel for is to record Simpsons
Please leave your 'but but but Simpsons sucks blah blah blah' comments at the door

So - this is the equipment I have here at home - what do I need to McGuyver up a solution that I can replace my Foxtel box with?

* PS3 with Netflix and various FTA apps
* Telstra T-Box that I've never used but apparently can record FTA stuff on, but my FTA aerial is so crap I can barely get a couple of channels with it
* Crappy old Laptop that the wife no longer uses - currently runs Windows 7 and has such a slow hard drive and so little RAM that getting to the desktop takes about 10 minutes. I occasionally run BT and PS3 Media Server on it but its slow and flakey as hell - is there a Linux build I can run off a USB drive that would work better?

Basically I want something I can just leave on in the corner, as easy to use as the Foxtel recording / menu system where I can set shows to record automatically from FTA, and I can run a BT client on it for the edge case shows that the wife watches.

Not even sure where to begin to start looking, it's all so foreign to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom