• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Ah okay. No point on trying to push Tactics Ogre on you either then. They are kind of like reading a big, massive book to me.

ZAVVI MEGASALES!!!?!!!

Bloodstone (360) only $16!!! See Bizarre's last game!!!
PS3 Platinum Range only $24!!! Only the best go platinum!!!
Child of Eden (PS3) only $24!!! Shed tears while on the Move!!!
Child of Eden (360) only $28!!! Kinect with this emotional experience!!!
Dungeon Siege 3 LE (PC) only $16!!! Now with added LEness!!!
Crysis 2 (PC) only $22!!! Now proper content complete 1.9 edition!!!
Halo Reach (360) only $22!!! Reach out and touch faith!!!
Disgaea 3 (PS3) only $24!!! Epic cRPG graphics doods!!!
Lost Planet 2 (360) only $13!!! Twice the planet, twice the fun!!!
Viva Pinata Party Animals (360) only $8!!! Move over Rabbids!!!
Raymond 3D (3DS) only $20!!! Now in sexy 3D!!!
Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (3DS) only $28!!! The true successor to X-Com!!!

jambo

What are you trying to download?

Not all games are located on Aussie Steam Content servers, so in those cases it will download from overseas.

Jintor

Shaneus said:
Never, ever been an RPG guy, unfortunately. Just don't have the attention span for them, I'm 'fraid. And I don't even know what the "s" in "sRPG" means :(

Besides, if I need anything that's slower in pace, I have a shitload of MSPs that I got for my birthday, as well as Costume Quest and Bastion (amongst many, many others).

strategy boyo. Like, FFTactics or Disgaea something closer to those lines.

Echoplx

markot said:
When I tried steamwatch my steam wouldnt download >_<

With freys filter when I Turn it on, the downloads stop >_<

It's not worth the effort, the content servers are barely ever updated and don't hold that many games.

markot

Banned
evlcookie said:
Don't use either of those, Try steam watcher

http://anguswolfcastle.fileave.com/steam/
Tried that too >_<

Still get really slow or no downloads........

You would think that aussie ISPs who say 'steam unmetered content' would try and make it at least slight easy to make sure thats the case... Im on Apex internet in Canberra and pretty much downloaded 70% of my quota in a day when I was fixing my computer/redownloading steam games after my old hdd died and not a single bit of it was 'unmetered' >_>

markot said:
Tried that too >_<

You would think that aussie ISPs who say 'steam unmetered content' would try and make it at least slight easy to make sure thats the case... Im on Apex internet in Canberra and pretty much downloaded 70% of my quota in a day when I was fixing my computer/redownloading steam games after my old hdd died and not a single bit of it was 'unmetered' >_>
Does Apex have a forum? Might have to look there or whirlpool to see how they set up unmetered steam.

Echoplx

markot said:
Tried that too >_<

If you're a big Steam user TPG is the only way to go, unlimited for 60$ a month, who cares about content servers or quota? lol

gnSqa.png

markot

Banned
hehe, cant even get adsl here. Out of range of everything and the stupid cable company here has a monopoly :/ bloody howard/act liberals. (For Telstra nationwide and Transact in ACT)

Echoplx

markot said:
hehe, cant even get adsl here. Out of range of everything and the stupid cable company here has a monopoly :/ bloody howard/act liberals. (For Telstra nationwide and Transact in ACT)

That is ridiculous, wouldn't expect that in Canberra.

Gazunta

VIVA PINATA PARTY ANIMALS ONLY EIGHT DOLLARS? A BARGAIN AT ANY PRICE, GOOD SIRS!

It'll probably be the game I will be the most proud of making.

markot

Banned
3chopl0x said:
That is ridiculous, wouldn't expect that in Canberra.
Cause of how far we are from an exchange... the stupid thing is we are closer to another one, but that doesnt service our area and the 'cut off' line is like a 2 minute walk away >_< And the stupid government here keeps giving the stupid local transact monopolies in new suburbs.... NBN is our only hope.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What do you guys have your Steam download server set as? I usually have mine locally (Victoria), but last night switched it to Los Angeles for no real reason, and ended up downloading DE:HR at ~1.5mb/s. Most of the time I dont get that speed from the local server :S, except on a really good day when I get 2+mb/s.

EatChildren said:
What do you guys have your Steam download server set as? I usually have mine locally (Victoria), but last night switched it to Los Angeles for no real reason, and ended up downloading DE:HR at ~1.5mb/s. Most of the time I dont get that speed from the local server :S, except on a really good day when I get 2+mb/s.
Usually rock Ukraine but it was slow today so I jumped on VIC Internode for a nice 2mbps for the de3 download.

Jintor

Mine is set to NSW Internode. Service is slow-ish but I generally don't download in such a way that i need something right that second, and anything I'm waiting for on release day generally preloads anyway.

Bernbaum

Gazunta said:
VIVA PINATA PARTY ANIMALS ONLY EIGHT DOLLARS? A BARGAIN AT ANY PRICE, GOOD SIRS!

You're taking us out for drinks to celebrate that?

jambo

EatChildren said:

Normally "Australia - SA" or "Australia - SA (Internode)"

Aon

NSW Telstra, in a vain attempt to perpetuate my own delusion that I'll ever get bandwidth free content from there.

Darklord

Banned
Hows Optus for phones? Telstra are pretty damn expensive so I don't wanna stay with them, I've heard a few people having issues with Virgin and Vodaphone are awful from what I've heard. I'm thinking of getting the new Galaxy S II on their $59 plan.

midonnay

RandomVince said:
West Coast Eagles crowds are as petulant as Sydney Swans crowds - perhaps even moreso.

meh, they were obviously booing the free kick

if you weren't looking closely on tv it looked like a fair shirt front.

Waters would be unlucky to be suspended (but as there was incidental contact to the head it doesn't look good)

Echoplx

jambo said:
You pay more for Telstra because you get better coverage.

Which is only relevant if you live in or plan to frequently be in regional areas, I've been with Optus for the last few years and never had a problem, even when I was living in the Sunshine Coast hinterland.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Ah okay. No point on trying to push Tactics Ogre on you either then. They are kind of like reading a big, massive book to me.

ZAVVI MEGASALES!!!?!!!

Bloodstone (360) only $16!!! See Bizarre's last game!!!
PS3 Platinum Range only $24!!! Only the best go platinum!!!
Child of Eden (PS3) only $24!!! Shed tears while on the Move!!!
Child of Eden (360) only $28!!! Kinect with this emotional experience!!!
Dungeon Siege 3 LE (PC) only $16!!! Now with added LEness!!!
Crysis 2 (PC) only $22!!! Now proper content complete 1.9 edition!!!
Halo Reach (360) only $22!!! Reach out and touch faith!!!
Disgaea 3 (PS3) only $24!!! Epic cRPG graphics doods!!!
Lost Planet 2 (360) only $13!!! Twice the planet, twice the fun!!!
Viva Pinata Party Animals (360) only $8!!! Move over Rabbids!!!
Raymond 3D (3DS) only $20!!! Now in sexy 3D!!!
Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (3DS) only $28!!! The true successor to X-Com!!!
The amount of effort and sheer enthusiasm put into that post is fucking ridiculous. 10/10 (though you should've quoted Noiseworks for Reach, not Depeche Mode).

Gazunta said:

In all seriousness, would I get any enjoyment out of it in single player? I do enjoy the VP IP and have an attention span that's appropriate for kids games...

Oh, and Halo ODST is cheap. Should I, GAF? It's supposed to be pretty good, not to mention different to the rest of the Halo series. Wouldn't mind trying it for something different.

Shaneus

Long. As far as the UK places go, they can take a bit longer than most. I've had issues with some items in the past (it will ship X date... then X+5... then X+10... etc. until I cancelled it) but if you're not desperate for something, they'd be fine.

Oh, and if people want Bloodstone, go down to JB tomorrow and for the princely sum of $32, you can have both that AND Vanquish.

3chopl0x said:
Which is only relevant if you live in or plan to frequently be in regional areas, I've been with Optus for the last few years and never had a problem, even when I was living in the Sunshine Coast hinterland.
Telstra 3G is also a lot faster than optus 3G where I live.

Darklord said:
Hows Optus for phones? Telstra are pretty damn expensive so I don't wanna stay with them, I've heard a few people having issues with Virgin and Vodaphone are awful from what I've heard. I'm thinking of getting the new Galaxy S II on their $59 plan.
I have that exact optus plan down here in Warrnambool and its great. Seem to be a bit patchy where I live but it is the same for my gf on Telstra. Really only lose internet a bit at night, barely anything.Stupid how much cheaper than Telstra the cap is.

Postage from Zavvi and OzGameShop can be anywhere between a week and 3 weeks which is expected for free postage.

Also de3 wont be very demanding, preview build played perfect on my 460.

Also I didnt really like ODST after all the gaf hype. Thought the storytelling was poor and the graphics were really average.. I liked the idea of what they were trying to do but the exercution wasnt there. Thankfully Reach was a fun, solid ending to the Bungie series.

Shaneus

Ah, fair enough. Wasn't really jonesing for it, just figured it could be a bit of orright.

On the other hand, appreciate the push for me to get Vanquish. Feels like a Michael Bay movie but with no filler or drama or tripe. I can also tell by playing some of the stages that I can't wait to replay it with less deaths and a better time. Maybe find all those statues, too... only found 2 so far, and I'm up to 2:4 :/

The open world possibilities of Deus Ex 3!
Also PS Move pack for like $40!!! Move out !!!
Windows 7 for $30 if you have a .edu email address.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of people loved ODST. I just didn't think it was all that great, I would even rate Halo 3 as more worthwhile to play through. It had some annoying points of difficulty and what it did different I don't think worked because they couldn't change the gameplay system enough since it was an expansion pack rather than built from the ground up. It just felt really awkward from start to finish for me.

Shaneus

Where are you? It's an amazing fucking day here in Geelong. Heading over to visit the folks at their caravan in Ocean Grove for a barbecue, seems like a good day for it.

So please enlighten me.

If i have a local 3ds, can i buy games from the UK?

Also from which countries can i buy an XBL subs?

I feel Child of eden for kinect incoming...

Top Bottom