• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ales good at $8 a pint. crumbed cnicken breast hasnt arrived yet, for $22 i expect it to be the size of a turkey. it just arrived and it isnt ohwell. chin up nick its a nice sunny day

Fredescu

Holy, you need to carry around a little meat tenderiser mallet like so:
meat-tenderizer-mallet-web.jpg

When your schnitzel turns up unsatisfactorily flattened, you can do the work yourself. Maybe put a little SA flag on the side.

HolyCheck said:
ales good at $8 a pint. crumbed cnicken breast hasnt arrived yet, for $22 i expect it to be the size of a turkey. it just arrived and it isnt ohwell. chin up nick its a nice sunny day
$22?! Geez hope they at least have a good view to eat that with. Catching up on Entourage while eating Schintz with gravy, chips and coleslaw with a Vanilla Coke. $10.50. So good.

Also Pacman and Star Fox. New shirts!

Shaneus

Fuck, I used to love (for some reason) *Diet* Vanilla Coke. Regular one was far too strong but, to paraphrase Goldilocks, Diet was just right.

HolyCheck

Fredescu said:
meat-tenderizer-mallet-web.jpg

When your schnitzel turns up unsatisfactorily flattened, you can do the work yourself. Maybe put a little SA flag on the side.

lol very tempting.

it was actually a really good schnitzel , good service, good crumb, good number of chips, good salad, was actually a schnitzel

only problems: only served in the parmigana variety (no order schnitzel then chose your topping, which should be standard imho), $22

HolyCheck

Yoshiya said:
I wonder what will happen to Australian TouchPad stock? I'm sort of interested, if it drops low enough.

yeah i tried to hunt around on the internet to find some where selling them, everyones pulled them from their sites ;(

markot

Banned
Haha, last week I got an email from HP about the imminent launch of the touchpad >.< But you cant buy it on their site right now.

Wouldnt mind picking one up if its cheapish!

HolyCheck

reptilescorpio said:
$22?! Geez hope they at least have a good view to eat that with. Catching up on Entourage while eating Schintz with gravy, chips and coleslaw with a Vanilla Coke. $10.50. So good.

Also Pacman and Star Fox. New shirts!

these aren't new! I've owned them both since about april, Abed even wears the pacman one in an episode of Community!

Yoshiya

HolyCheck said:
yeah i tried to hunt around on the internet to find some where selling them, everyones pulled them from their sites ;(
Harvey Norman exclusive, though they've been pulled from sale. Gimme a $100 TouchPad, HP.

midonnay

Fredescu said:

thats my Zombie apocalypse weapon of last resort..... despite being close up, you can get plenty of accurate whacks to the head.

HolyCheck said:
these aren't new! I've owned them both since about april, Abed even wears the pacman one in an episode of Community!
Ah my poor english skills showing again. I meant that I am buying new shirts (a Rorschach Optimus Prime for me, a Fox one for the gf and a Seasame Street one for the lad) not that those shirts were new. Thought people might be interested in them though since they pop up all the time and are only $10 now.

So buggered. The family are away so I have been organising the house. Built a toy chest, single bed for the lad, set of drawers for a tiny amount of the gf's clothes, a new computer desk and a coat rack. Seriously, where the hell can I get a nice timber free standing coat rack? Even Kmart didn't have one, and they have everything! Best I could find was a plastic chrome one from Fantastic :( Might have to hit up the Op Shops next week.

HolyCheck

reptilescorpio said:
Ah my poor english skills showing again. I meant that I am buying new shirts (a Rorschach Optimus Prime for me, a Fox one for the gf and a Seasame Street one for the lad) not that those shirts were new. Thought people might be interested in them though since they pop up all the time and are only $10 now.

So buggered. The family are away so I have been organising the house. Built a toy chest, single bed for the lad, set of drawers for a tiny amount of the gf's clothes, a new computer desk and a coat rack. Seriously, where the hell can I get a nice timber free standing coat rack? Even Kmart didn't have one, and they have everything! Best I could find was a plastic chrome one from Fantastic :( Might have to hit up the Op Shops next week.

ahh! i want to buy a few more but i must save money, i also bought the technicolour rex shirt which i love and mr roboto goes to town or something.

as for the coat rack, ikea.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Can you link me the Transformers one?

Having said that, I went through a fairly long phase of wearing Threadless stuff. But as a ploy to get girls to ask why they're so funny, it backfired horribly. I still have a couple that are in semi-regular rotation, but these days it's just easier to wear something that doesn't need explaining.

PS. Ah, Saturday afternoon. Massage done, now time for Futurama, Entourage and beef jerky.

Shaneus said:
Can you link me the Transformers one?

Having said that, I went through a fairly long phase of wearing Threadless stuff. But as a ploy to get girls to ask why they're so funny, it backfired horribly. I still have a couple that are in semi-regular rotation, but these days it's just easier to wear something that doesn't need explaining.

PS. Ah, Saturday afternoon. Massage done, now time for Futurama, Entourage and beef jerky.
New Entourage is great, newest Futurama was a bit meh though which is annoying considering every other episode has been flat out awesome.

636x460shirt_guys_01.jpg

Here is the shirt. All the cool designs I wanted were sold out in medium which was irritating. There was a really cool Lovecraft one I wanted.

Shaneus

I liked it. Always need more Zoidberg. The "M"D got a hearty chuckle.

PS. That shirt *is* pretty boss. I prefer the ones that are still geeky, but they don't advertise the fact that they're a geek shirt.

PPS. You should randomly check out Glennz for awesome shirts, too. Pretty sure he sometimes has sales as well. This is a fave:

calledimage.jpg

Protip for Threadless sales: Put all the shirts you like into your cart, save it, maybe update every few weeks or months. When the next sale comes along, buy all the shirts you still like that are in the cart.

reptilescorpio said:
newest Futurama was a bit meh though which is annoying considering every other episode has been flat out awesome.

Strange you didn't like it if that's the case. I thought it felt pretty standard for the season so far, which for my money has been okay in parts but somewhat disappointing on the whole.

reptilescorpio said:
New Entourage is great, newest Futurama was a bit meh though which is annoying considering every other episode has been flat out awesome.

636x460shir t_guys_01.jpg

Here is the shirt. All the cool designs I wanted were sold out in medium which was irritating. There was a really cool Lovecraft one I wanted.

I bought this in the $12 sale!

markot

Banned
Box of Bunnies said:
Strange you didn't like it if that's the case. I thought it felt pretty standard for the season so far, which for my money has been okay in parts but somewhat disappointing on the whole.
this

Hey Vook, FYI just visited your site on my netbook (1366x768 res, Chrome on Windows). Xenoblade come information says:

COPIES
FOR GRABS
enoblade
hronicles

Not sure if you keep stats on the screen resolution of visitors but if any are on 1280 or lower the side bits aren't going to look too flash.

markot

Banned
I am not a fan of this new Nintendo trend of cheapening out on the instructions >.< both my 3ds games have manuals the size of pamphlets at best. AT BEST!

codswallop said:
Protip for Threadless sales: Put all the shirts you like into your cart, save it, maybe update every few weeks or months. When the next sale comes along, buy all the shirts you still like that are in the cart.
But then they will be out of your size? Great idea though. I always forget the ones that have popped up since the last sale and usually grab whatever comes up through basic searches.

Shaneus said:
Entourage was stellar, though. First truly great ep of the season.
The newest one? The whole season has been getting back to the form of Season 2. I haven't found myself wanting to stop watching which hasn't happened for a long time. Nice to see them making the most of the rehab plot line too.

reptilescorpio said:
But then they will be out of your size? Great idea though. I always forget the ones that have popped up since the last sale and usually grab whatever comes up through basic searches.
Usually they advertise when their sales start, so if you have a cart loaded up with stuff you already know you want, most of it will be there if you get in fast. And, if you don't, it'll still be there for next time. Plus, you aren't faffing about looking for shirts you like that are also in stock.

I also recommend you quickly cast your eye over your cart before buying as I find some shirts I save in the cart I no longer care for by the time a sale's come around.

Box of Bunnies said:
Actually I haven't watched the newest episode yet, sitting on my desktop waiting to be watched with the gf tonight.
I was talking about the Egg one which I remember being bored with until the whole bone sucking segment. I thought the Moby Dick one has been the weakest episode so far, along with the ghost Bender and the Gender switch one.

markot

Banned
Honestly, none of the Futurama since the cancellation stands up to the 4 original seasons. Its sad >.< the final season of Futurama was so top notch that it was kinda.... sad to see it come back in a less than stellar form, and never being able to really hit the high notes anymore.

Mistle

The episode with the time machine that only goes forward in time was pretty brilliant, if you ask me. Haven't seen much else of the season though.

HolyCheck

markot said:
Honestly, none of the Futurama since the cancellation stands up to the 4 original seasons. Its sad >.< the final season of Futurama was so top notch that it was kinda.... sad to see it come back in a less than stellar form, and never being able to really hit the high notes anymore.

I've never read anything so wrong on the internet.

Odd, the Moby Dick and Ghost Bender episodes felt closest to the Futurama of old, to me. Didn't quite hit the mark, but there are quite a few old episode that don't hold up any more, either.

Actually I haven't watched the newest episode yet, sitting on my desktop waiting to be watched with the gf tonight.
I was talking about the Egg one which I remember being bored with until the whole bone sucking segment. I thought the Moby Dick one has been the weakest episode so far, along with the ghost Bender and the Gender switch one.

Ah, righteo. I thought that one was okay, but agree with you on the other three.

HolyCheck said:
I've never read anything so wrong on the internet.

I wouldn't go quite as hard on it as markot, because there's been a few quality episodes in there (the episode Mistle mentioned for example) and some okay moments in others and the movies, but The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings is was one of the best finales I've ever seen, and I don't know that they've done anything strong enough since coming back to really justify "ruining" that.

markot

Banned
Davils hand's is just classic. One of my favourite episodes. So I guess as the 'finale' it left on such a high note...

Its like Vegas, always leave em wanting more. And I was. Now I got more and its.... just not as good.

Like Simpsons (Not that futurama has reached those levels of tepidness) if they had finished after season 11 or so.... could have saved them and made them a timeless classic. Now its just this show thats still on tv for some reason when all the.... love is gone. Like a loveless marriage where you would rather stick it through then go for a divorce.

Yagharek

West Coast Eagles crowds are as petulant as Sydney Swans crowds - perhaps even moreso.

I wont say they didnt deserve to win today; they outplayed Essendon (injuries notwithstanding).

But booing off Watson after he has been knocked out in a reckless challenge? Typically classless.

edit: Deus Ex HR Collectors Edn has shipped! Wheee. Coming up: weekly check-ins to see if its arrived anywhere else.

edit 2: oh and I finished Clash of Kings this morning. My god - what a bunch of arsehole characters this series has in it. :eek:
Cant wait to start off ASoS Pt1 this week

fake edit 3: raisin toast is the greatest invention since sliced bread (especially with mixed berry jam including cranberry)

Latest Season of Futurama since they came back from the break has been the best animated television (outside of stuff like Archer) since Season 4 of Futurama. The movies were a bit meh for me but these last 8 or so episodes have been totally worth watching. The mafia one was bust-my-gut funny. The Fry Cop episode was fantastic and the Yo Gabba Gabba rip off was spot on perfect (especially for someone who has to watch kids shows). I am more than pleased that they came back after Devils Hands. After all, what else is there to watch? Family Guy and Simpsons have been garbage for many years now and nothing has come along to hit that spot that Futurama filled. There are more outrageous stuff like Archer but the current series of Futurama is almost, dare I say it, fit for the whole family to watch. Which is a big deal to me right now when I don't have much time for the family as is.

markot said:
Like Simpsons (Not that futurama has reached those levels of tepidness) if they had finished after season 11 or so.... could have saved them and made them a timeless classic.
Early Simpsons is still regarded as a timeless classic. You don't need to burn fast, burn bright in order to be heralded as a classic. The Joshua Tree is still a classic, Blood Sugar Sex Magic is still a classic, Blackwater Park is still a classic. In 20 years time people will still be talking about old Futurama and old Simpsons, just like we still are now. What they created in the past can never be tainted by what they do in the future.

RandomVince said:
fake edit 3: raisin toast is the greatest invention since sliced bread (especially with mixed berry jam including cranberry)
Indeed it is. Grab a loaf from Aldi every few days. The young lad like to gnaw on it, must help with the gums. Plus it tastes great, especially during winter.

Omikron

Kewell finally signs with Victory, big win for the game in Aus.

Success will be measured on
- Increasing membership (I would think minimum +5k)
- Playing 3/4 of games.
- Scoring around 10 goals.

:)

elfinke

Omi said:

- Playing 3/4 of games.

Wow, huge news. I'm glad that protracted mess is over with - Kewell's agent strikes me as a huge dick (hardly exclusive to Kewell's agent *cough*Joorabchian*cough*).

Omikron

elfinke said:
Wow, huge news. I'm glad that protracted mess is over with - Kewell's agent strikes me as a huge dick (hardly exclusive to Kewell's agent *cough*Joorabchian*cough*).

Mandic appears to be a horrible piece of work and has been around Kewell forever, knows a good money maker when he sees one clearly.

Joorabchian makes my skin crawl. Total piece of shit that man.

Shaneus

Never, ever been an RPG guy, unfortunately. Just don't have the attention span for them, I'm 'fraid. And I don't even know what the "s" in "sRPG" means :(

Besides, if I need anything that's slower in pace, I have a shitload of MSPs that I got for my birthday, as well as Costume Quest and Bastion (amongst many, many others).

Ydahs

Omi said:

- Playing 3/4 of games.

Will do a lot for the sport I reckon. People I know who hate all things soccer were even talking about it.

Top Bottom