• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sutton Dagger said:
Still not 100% convinced with Witcher 2, something about the combat just feels unresponsive. Game looks amazing and the lore seems interesting though. Plus it basically explains nothing to you, I just have to figure it all out as I go along I guess?
The witcher 2 combat early on in the game is fucking terrible. It's gets better as time goes on but that's only because your slowly becoming op. The combat was probably the biggest let down of that game.

I wonder if patch 2.0 will fix it up and make it more playable.

Stick with it though it is an awesome game despite some obvious and annoying flaws.

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
Tax time is when I will be allowed to do my upgrade. Plus this whole wedding planning thing seems to make her more willing to allow me to spend money on myself. Good old fashioned battering. Like cavemen. Like Gods.
Also 30 isn't old. Still got 30 more years of work ahead of you! Plus think of health care in the future, we will be living until 120 soon! Plus augmentation.

Haha, true, 30 isn't old. ;) Upside, we are thinking of maybe taking a trip to Japan instead of organising some crappy party. Win. :D

Omi said:
Haha, true, 30 isn't old. ;) Upside, we are thinking of maybe taking a trip to Japan instead of organising some crappy party. Win. :D
Wife and I went to Sydney* for her 30th instead of a party and climbed the bridge. She loved it.

* We were actually going to go to Japan (instead we're going in a couple of weeks) because the wife started a new job and couldn't get the leave over her birthday.

Omikron

codswallop said:
Wife and I went to Sydney* for her 30th instead of a party and climbed the bridge. She loved it.

* We were actually going to go to Japan (instead we're going in a couple of weeks) because the wife started a new job and couldn't get the leave over her birthday.

Yer, wife turns 30 a few months after me, so may as well do something together and before the little guy gets too much older and therefore far more mobile and difficult to contain. :p

Thanks for the advice guys, will defintely stick with it as I do enjoy the other aspects of the game. I'm doing side quests at the moment and trying to level up a bit. I just levelled enough to start going doing the sword/alchemy/magic route, I was thinking of going sword for my initial abilities, thoughts?

Also holy shite at Energy Australia price rises...massive electricity bill this quarter :(

evlcookie said:
The witcher 2 combat early on in the game is fucking terrible. It's gets better as time goes on but that's only because your slowly becoming op. The combat was probably the biggest let down of that game.

I wonder if patch 2.0 will fix it up and make it more playable.

Stick with it though it is an awesome game despite some obvious and annoying flaws.
2.0 is meant to bring a tutorial segment. I never had much issue with the controls or combat, I actually really enjoyed it. The only problem I had was in the Nekker cave in the first chapter, had to abuse the mob draw distance to avoid getting swarmed. Basically keeping Geralt moving in a circle around the enemies while using Aard for crowd control and leaping in for quick attacks got me through most of the encounters on Normal. Very important to avoid an enemy getting close enough to touch you, maintaing distance to allow for timing for strikes allows it to flow through easier.

Shaneus

Holy shit... you people who are 30 that are married? Yikes. I just hit 31 and I'm quite single. Rawr.

Couldn't imagine being married.

Omi said:
Great timing! Jetstar have a sale on flights to Japan! Super jelly, wish I could afford/have time to go to Japan. Wanted to make it our Honeymoon trip but gf vetoed it. She wants to ride an Elephant. I think she watches too much Simpsons.

Is the Optus MyTab any good? Only $129 for those who missed out on the TouchPad.

Omikron

Shaneus said:
Holy shit... you people who are 30 that are married? Yikes. I just hit 31 and I'm quite single. Rawr.

Couldn't imagine being married.

3 year anniversary incoming. Been together ... nearly 9 years. :-o

reptilescorpio said:
Great timing! Jetstar have a sale on flights to Japan! Super jelly, wish I could afford/have time to go to Japan. Wanted to make it our Honeymoon trip but gf vetoed it. She wants to ride an Elephant. I think she watches too much Simpsons

Yerp, hence the decision in some ways. Makes it far more affordable ;)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
24 and fucking hates children.

Jintor said:
Last time my girlfriend was over I introduced her to Portal, this time I think I'll introduce her to Bastion

Are you still loving it Jintor? i have gotten 16 hours of enjoyment out of it so far. for $15. SERIOUSLY. i'm still amazed with the game.

Fredescu said:
I'm on the wise side of 30 and have one awesome kid, a nice wife, and a pretty happy life. I'm not as grumpy as I sometimes seem.

+1 for fred being a nice person

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Choc said:
fuck i wish the government wouuld tell us something

4 massive blackhawks just flew right near our offices

Its just a test. No viral breakout / impending apocalypse. Go back to sleep.

Gazunta

Christ you guys are young.

Just sat through a two hour life drawing class. Yes yes all very educational and all that, but all i could think about was that I could have done like 3 comics in that time :(

elfinke

Marshmellow said:
Are you still loving it Jintor? i have gotten 16 hours of enjoyment out of it so far. for $15. SERIOUSLY. i'm still amazed with the game.

I bought Bastion last night, after blowing through the demo. The gameplay and graphics were all very nice, but I simply had to have that soundtrack. Seriously good. I'm looking forward to spending more time with it this week.

Choc said:
fuck i wish the government wouuld tell us something
4 massive blackhawks just flew right near our offices

They're busy arguing over shit in question time.

Shaneus

Shit, with the level of maturity in this thread (seriously) I figured everyone was about my age. Guess I should get practising, then:
grandpa.jpeg

Deeku

Jintor said:
Last time my girlfriend was over I introduced her to Portal, this time I think I'll introduce her to Bastion
My gf has no idea about my gaming/anime hobbies. Don't know if that's good or bad.

And choc, I saw those helicopters yesterday while driving. Didn't know they were blackhawks but they sure were cool. Nearly crashed into the wall at the entry to harbour tunnel.

Omikron

Shaneus said:
Shit, with the level of maturity in this thread (seriously) I figured everyone was about my age. Guess I should get practising, then:

We just let choc do that for us, part of the collective bargaining agreement. Saves on stress and potential blown blood vessels.

commanderdeek said:
My gf has no idea about my gaming/anime hobbies. Don't know if that's good or bad.

And choc, I saw those helicopters yesterday while driving. Didn't know they were blackhawks but they sure were cool. Nearly crashed into the wall at the entry to harbour tunnel.

GF knows what i get up to in my spare time. But she does everything she can to hinder me enjoying it i swear. I am still learning to make the most of my "gaming time"

Funny thought occurred to me the other day though. If i go to her house i am happy to talk and relax etc. But whenever she comes to mine she either has her's or has to get on my pc at some point to look at facebook etc. (aren't i supposed to be the nerd?)

Jintor

Marshmellow said:

It's so good. I think I'm on the tail end of actually enjoying the game now (10 idols is bullshit, but it's bullshit I made the game do so I'll put up with it) but the music and art and oh my god so good

Jintor

commanderdeek said:

My girlfriend likes anime, but different types than I like. The only one we've both enjoyed so far has been Ghost in the Shell. Mind you I haven't showed her some of the new stuff I'm watching yet, or Planetes, so there's hope yet.

I dunno, I kind of don't like watching TV series with other people though, you have to wait for them to catch up or to be near and to watch with them or whatever

Choc

Banned
Bastion has all the hall marks of people who have media experience making a game, aka kasavin

Its an amazing game, THE DUDE PICKS UP THE HAMMER etc

Kasavin knew what would make the media cream itself and delivered. Finally a games journalist that puts his money where his mouth is when he says he can make things better.

commanderdeek said:

I got my wife addicted to Fruit Ninja. But yeah, apart from simple games like that, she thinks video games are dumb.

On the upside, she was into LotR, Harry Potter and ASoIaF before I was and we own little statuettes of Wall-E and EVE made from bicycle parts, so it's kind of a wash.

Top Bottom