• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
This might be brave to admit on a gaming forum, but my wife is an FF nerd incl. to the point of cosplay.

:p

fun times in the bedroom no doubt

hahah

Also Omi, Fox halfway through first half of Sunderland Newcastle put the game on viewers choice as apparently tehy were getting tons of calls asking where it was

I guess that rivalry is big here to lol :p

Jintor said:
My girlfriend likes anime, but different types than I like. The only one we've both enjoyed so far has been Ghost in the Shell. Mind you I haven't showed her some of the new stuff I'm watching yet, or Planetes, so there's hope yet.

I dunno, I kind of don't like watching TV series with other people though, you have to wait for them to catch up or to be near and to watch with them or whatever

I hate this, anything i communally watch i do so with house mates because i can just yell that i'm watching something and they can come join me.

My girlfriend did mention on the weekend though that she was going to buy a 2TB drive just to copy all my stuff and start watching it. i was like, "thats a good idea" meanwhile thinking, "good luck, see you in 2 years when we are synced" lol

i do enjoy watching stuff with other people more than alone though.

Omikron

Choc said:
fun times in the bedroom no doubt

hahah

Also Omi, Fox halfway through first half of Sunderland Newcastle put the game on viewers choice as apparently tehy were getting tons of calls asking where it was

Haha... more just a lot of people buy foxtel for their football fix. Round and egg ball ;)

elfinke

Choc said:

One of my mates was one of the callers, or so he says. He's a member of 'bluebirds downunder' (unrelated - Cardiff) and a Shearer fan from way back and was BLOWING up when he couldn't find the match on the guide.

You should hear him talk about Newcastle's transfer policies...

Aon

19 and with GF of 3 years <3

No wait I'm 20 now when did that happen xD

Anyways, I'm firmly of the opinion that if you're a big enough nerd to hang around on Ausgaf, games must mean a fair bit to you, so anyone who loves you will sooner or later try and reach out and share that with you.

Or at least that's what happened in the like 2 relationships I've ever had xD

legend166 said:
23 in two weeks and alone.

If you guys know any nice Christian girls in Sydney, hook me up imo.
I know of one or two, including a girl my Dad (he's an AoG minister) once tried (unsuccessfully) to set me up with. That's a bit awkward, though.

Bernbaum

28 and recently ousted by my co-workers for having sex with a colleague who happened to be going out with another colleague at the time. I wouldn't have gotten caught if I hadn't sent a text meant for the girl to my boss by accident whilst out at a strip club at 2 in the morning on a school night.

I've had anal sex a grand total of one (1) times. It's not great.

My favourite video game is Super Mario 64.

Aon said:
19 and with GF of 3 years <3

No wait I'm 20 now when did that happen xD

Anyways, I'm firmly of the opinion that if you're a big enough nerd to hang around on Ausgaf, games must mean a fair bit to you, so anyone who loves you will sooner or later try and reach out and share that with you.

Or at least that's what happened in the like 2 relationships I've ever had xD

How many gaming girls have you paid off....and for how long....
Hahaha, you seem to be getting all the luck in the barrel Aon

Choc

Banned
Bernbaum said:
28 and recently ousted by my co-workers for having sex with a colleague who happened to be going out with another colleague at the time. I wouldn't have gotten caught if I hadn't sent a text meant for the girl to my boss by accident whilst out at a strip club at 2 in the morning on a school night.

*jaw drop*

wat

Jintor

Marshmellow said:
I hate this, anything i communally watch i do so with house mates because i can just yell that i'm watching something and they can come join me.

My girlfriend did mention on the weekend though that she was going to buy a 2TB drive just to copy all my stuff and start watching it. i was like, "thats a good idea" meanwhile thinking, "good luck, see you in 2 years when we are synced" lol

i do enjoy watching stuff with other people more than alone though.

It's why movies are good, because they're just two hour blocks and you don't need a significant time investment

unless of course you are watching anime series movies

ffs haruhi

Yagharek

On topic,

My wife (then gf) got hooked on Animal Crossing on GC and GTA Vice City. Fishing tournaments on Sundays in AC were quite competitive.

We also had a moratorium on wii sports baseball because of 1-0 grudge matches thanks to all the slow/curving/dipping balls that made it impossible to win by any means other than attrition.

And during my xbl addiction days, I came to bed ~3am one night and in her sleep she said "Wouldnt it be good if you could get kudos in splinter cell for doing sneaky moves like in pgr2".

I took that as a sign I had a problem.

jambo

When the hell is the Red Orchestra 2 beta starting? That new trailer is awesome!

Bernbaum said:

It's awesome!

Wait, when did we start talking about anal sex?

Gazunta

Choc said:
Finally a games journalist that puts his money where his mouth is when he says he can make things better.

:~(

Edit: I'm sure I told this story before. But many years ago a girl came over to my crappy apartment, saw my copy of Super Mario Brothers for the Game Boy Color that I was reviewing, and proceeded to tell me where all the warp zones were from memory.

Damn straight I married her.

Deeku

Jintor said:
All of commander's figurines and posters are on revolving walls
Haha that would be awesome!

Most of my crap is in the study and since she doesn't live in my house, she has no idea it exists. We haven't gone out for that long (almost 2 years) but I'm sure she'll eventually find out. Can't wait to justify my collection of nendoroids and k-on figures lol

Also, I thought clipper was married.

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:

:~(

Edit: I'm sure I told this story before. But many years ago a girl came over to my crappy apartment, saw my copy of Super Mario Brothers for the Game Boy Color that I was reviewing, and proceeded to tell me where all the warp zones were from memory.

gaz, lol :) you weren't running around like kasavin saying I CAN MAKE SHIT BETTER when he was at gamespot

hence i didn't mention you, but yes Viva pinata was the shiz

Bernbaum said:
That sounds like kind of a dick move and is the sort of thing that if it comes out can make a work environment awk-to-the-word, which is why it's best practice to not dip your pen in company ink (yes, I'm a hypocrite, shut up).

Bernbaum said:
I think for many people, it's one of those things that seems like a really great idea until they try it.
Bernbaum said:
Mine's Super Metroid.

jambo

commanderdeek said:
Most of my crap is in the study and since she doesn't live in my house, she has no idea it exists. We haven't gone out for that long (almost 2 years) but I'm sure she'll eventually find out. Can't wait to justify my collection of nendoroids and k-on figures lol

You've been going out for 2 years and she's never seen your study?

I... you... well...

what?!

33 and married for 6 years.

My wife was a big SNES gamer and mid-level PSX gamer. But once games went more 3D she stopped playing as she had difficultly controlling them. Every now and then we break out the SNES and play it. She does enjoy the Lego games though. I've been trying everything I can for gateway games but as long as she doesn't mind me hogging the TV for 150+ of hours of Fallout 3/New Vegas, I can live with what I have.

Edit:
DeathJr said:
I turned 26 today...
And no one posted the PBF comic? Forshame, AusGAF...
PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

elfinke

Omi said:
I am so avoiding making mockery of both bern's and jambo's post in the likelihood I would get a ban.

Something something one enjoyed it something something one didn't enjoy it something something...

Gazunta

True Choc, when I was at GameSpot I spent most of my time saying WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CHEQUE, GAMESPOT, WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CHEQUE I'M LITERALLY STARVING HERE, WAIT WHY THE FUCK DID YOU SEND MY CHEQUE TO AUSTRIA GAMESPOT AGH

I tell you what though, I lost a ton of weight back in my writing days, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

legend166

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I know of one or two, including a girl my Dad (he's an AoG minister) once tried (unsuccessfully) to set me up with. That's a bit awkward, though.

I assume this girl is AoG then?

No thanks ._.

Shaneus

Gazunta said:

First time I've heard it. Inspirational. Now, I shall no longer think I need to hide all my gaming stuff. Need to invite more girls over, too. I bet they'd be all up in Fruit Ninja Kinect.

BTW I asked a page or two Gaz, but would you recommend Party Animals much for single player if I genuinely enjoy the IP, or is it solidly geared towards multi and not really worth my time?

jambo said:
Fuck all you people with your happiness!
Who said anything about happiness? :( ;)

elfinke said:
I bought Bastion last night, after blowing through the demo. The gameplay and graphics were all very nice, but I simply had to have that soundtrack.
So incredibly good, great range in style and exercuted to perfection. Totally worth paying $10 for the Soundtrack alone. Darren Korb is now on my must buy list.

Jintor said:
My girlfriend likes anime, but different types than I like. The only one we've both enjoyed so far has been Ghost in the Shell. Mind you I haven't showed her some of the new stuff I'm watching yet, or Planetes, so there's hope yet.
I dunno, I kind of don't like watching TV series with other people though, you have to wait for them to catch up or to be near and to watch with them or whatever
I'm the same, prefer to watch TV by myself or with likeminded friends. Love watching Futurama/Any British Comedy with the gf though. Her favourite is still Black Books but thankfully IT Crowd came along and restored her faith in TV comedys.
Also you should check out Gungrave. Great story behind it as well as awesome action scenes. EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH IT.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I got my wife addicted to Fruit Ninja. But yeah, apart from simple games like that, she thinks video games are dumb.
Same here, loved Fruit Ninja. Might even get a Kinect for the 360 version. She is starting to give me a bit more rope with the gaming thankfully, no chance of hanging videogame related prints outside of my study though.

Omi said:
This might be brave to admit on a gaming forum, but my wife is an FF nerd incl. to the point of cosplay.:p
PICS OR YOU ARE A DIRTY AMIROX

Bernbaum said:

More than once but I whole heartedly agree that it is over-rated. No interest in it anymore. Regular sex is more than pleasing enough for me. I think that the longer you are with someone the more well oiled a machine it gets. Everything takes less time, feels better and you get in a groove much faster. Less bullshit, more happy time.

My favourite game is Curse of Monkey Island. Final Fantasy 7 was the game that took video games to the next level in my mind, once I played it the industry was stuck in my head for at least 8 hours a day. There were plenty of games before FF7 that I really enjoyed but it was the one to make me fall in love forever with gaming.

jambo

Best page of AusGAF ever?

Gazunta said:

f4lYP.jpg

commanderdeek said:
Wait 2 years? The gf and I just passed 2 year anniversary and we already have a son turning 1 next month!

Shaneus said:
BTW I asked a page or two Gaz, but would you recommend Party Animals much for single player if I genuinely enjoy the IP, or is it solidly geared towards multi and not really worth my time?
It's like $5! Just buy it! Mine is already half way across the English Channel.

Deeku

jambo said:
You've been going out for 2 years and she's never seen your study?

I... you... well...

what?!
Well, whenever she's over, we just chill in the living room and watch dvds or something. She has no need to enter my study. NO NEED!

Fusebox

Banned
Bernbaum said:

We have two things in common.

Gazunta

Shaneus said:
First time I've heard it. Inspirational. Now, I shall no longer think I need to hide all my gaming stuff. Need to invite more girls over, too. I bet they'd be all up in Fruit Ninja Kinect.

Yeah man, I can never really understand when friends of mine hide their gaming stuff while their girlfriends are over. You love games, that's cool, you don't want to be with someone where you have to hide part of who you are just to be with them.

TBH the wife spends more time playing than I do these days.

And yeah, Party Animals is worth a bash or two in single player, especially at the price it's at now and if you're a fan of the IP like I am. At the very least it's a great tour through the Pinata world that you don't get to see in the Rare games. It has drop in / drop out multiplayer over LIVE too so you can get randoms to join you and the AI isn't stupid.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Had Satay Chicken (left the rice), Chips and a Kole Beer for lunch, things aren't looking good...

Entire office just heard my stomach...

Choc

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
More than once but I whole heartedly agree that it is over-rated. No interest in it anymore. Regular sex is more than pleasing enough for me. I think that the longer you are with someone the more well oiled a machine it gets. Everything takes less time, feels better and you get in a groove much faster. Less bullshit, more happy time.

LOL

Deeku

reptilescorpio said:
Wait 2 years? The gf and I just passed 2 year anniversary and we already have a son turning 1 next month!
That's awesome.

But from the perspective of my traditional crazy strict asian family upbringing, that's an outrage! How dare you have a child before marrying. Shame on you!

So yeah, she'll see my study when she's prego lol.

In the spirit of the current conversation...I like getting blow jobs...

Anyway. My fiancee' is a massive Zelda fan, the first game she ever played by herself and beat was Wind Waker. I really wanted for her to complete it all by herself as I used to take over on request when it got too hard in other games. There were times when she thought she couldn't beat a part but I refused to help (to the point that she actually started crying from frustration one time), she eventually beat it and I could tell she was super proud of herself. Can't wait to play Skyward Sword together.

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:
True Choc, when I was at GameSpot I spent most of my time saying WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CHEQUE, GAMESPOT, WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CHEQUE I'M LITERALLY STARVING HERE, WAIT WHY THE FUCK DID YOU SEND MY CHEQUE TO AUSTRIA GAMESPOT AGH

I tell you what though, I lost a ton of weight back in my writing days, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

friend of mine no longer in the games industry was writing for NEXT back in the day. He had a six page article that was the cover of that issue that was coming up, had the deadline of 5pm that day and hadn't been paid for 2 or 3 articles (he was freelance)

he said you don't get the article until you pay for my other articles, and they were like no you give it to us blah blah blah anyway he held out and in the end just before deadline they paid it and the editor said you know management won't let me give you work anymore he said i don't give a fuck, i got my money.

2 weeks later they offered him a FT job LOL

I'm 38 in October.

I do recall an incident that I heard from several reliable sources of my former boss catching two of his employees having sex on the stairs after Beer O'clock one friday (This would have been around 2002). It would have had to be after lots of alcohol was ingested as the woman in question wasn't particularly appealing (and everyone thought the guy involved despised her along with the rest of humanity).

Another incident years later with a drunk receptionist at after works drinks involved police. That was kinda creepy.

also: what is about Brisbane-made games and an easy 1000 points?

Top Bottom