• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried some Mad Brewers beer at Transport a few weeks back, probably the most om nom nom beer I'd have in my life. It was on tap, it was a hefe so it may have been the one in that bottle.

I salivate every time I think about how good the pint was.

Bernbaum

Copenhagen has proven itself to be a pleasantly clean place populated by intelligent, worldly and friendly people but is ultimately sterile and a bit boring.

Everything looks like it came from Ikea. Lots of bright primary colors and repeating patterns in the architecture. Think the classic Lego pallette an that's what everything looks like.

Nice beers, but nothing that can't be tracked down as an export. The local brews are consistently solid but with no real standouts not to mention expensive prices. If you want a beer-famous city with more variety and adventurous brews then go to Prague. It's much much cheaper, has a grittier feel than Scandinavia and even the big brewers like Staropramen offer a diverse range of unique beers you'd have trouble finding elsewhere. The only reason I can ever see myself back in Denmark would be for business.

If you want a beer-famous city with more variety and adventurous brews then go to Prague. It's much much cheaper, has a grittier feel than Scandinavia and even the big brewers like Staropramen offer a diverse range of unique beers you'd have trouble finding elsewhere.
Doesn't hurt that the beer was 25 crowns a pint while I last visited.

Yagharek

STORM OF SWORDS BOOK TWO

WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED

WHAT WHAT WHAT

Is this what I think it was? Post in spoilers roughly where abouts in the book it happened.

Also, I'm going to be mildly controversial here: Perdido Street Station is better than the whole of ASOIAF series I've read to date.

Also, somebody died Vince

What? Where?

edit: oh. I see. Well, that narrows it down then.

markot

Banned
Why would you read a book when there is an infinitely better show based on the books being made >_<?

Books are so 1999.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Is this what I think it was? Post in spoilers roughly where abouts in the book it happened.

Also, I'm going to be mildly controversial here: Perdido Street Station is better than the whole of ASOIAF series I've read to date.

What? Where?

edit: oh. I see. Well, that narrows it down then.

Robb, Catelyn

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MelbGAF part two - april the 14th 4pm at some location, happy for it to be my place (holycheck) if people just want to beer and videogame

Attending:
HolyCheck
BananaArnie
Aon
Aniseed

Not Attending:
Reptilescorpio
Megadrive
Omi
EvlCookie (he'll say he will, then announce via twitter 2 hours before hand hes sick)
codswallop

quote and edit yourself in if you're keen

Is it bad to find the ongoing Matthew Newton saga hilarious?
For other drug addicts I would say yes. But he hasn't made a strong enough effort to change in my opinion. His family NEED to drag him home for close treatment and observation until they can minimise the chances of relapse.

Hitting women ain't cool. Also taking that reality TV show just afterwards was dangerous, he needed at least 12 months of focus away from everyone

Yagharek

For other drug addicts I would say yes. But he hasn't made a strong enough effort to change in my opinion. His family NEED to drag him home for close treatment and observation until they can minimise the chances of relapse.

Hitting women ain't cool. Also taking that reality TV show just afterwards was dangerous, he needed at least 12 months of focus away from everyone

People like him and Ben Cousins need to be sectioned for their own good.

Yagharek

Speaking as someone who has been essentially sectioned for their own good at one point, couldn't agree more.

Not having been in that position, I can't imagine what it would be like, but my wife has worked in mental health and there are so many sad cases where people don't get the help they need. Stuff like psychoses brought on by bad luck, stress or drug use etc - people need ongoing help and don't always have access to the recuperation treatment they need. Sectioning is essentially an intervention, but programs like Headspace etc go a long way towards building people back up.

In the case of Cousins/Newton - their profile essentially keeps them out of it it would seem. Media attention doesn't help their cause, and the spiral towards oblivion is made into a media circus. Their rehab (and everyone who gets to that point) shouldn't be an option. It should be mandatory and readily available for exactly the same kinds of reasons we give healthcare to cancer patients or car crash victims etc.

Kritz

Banned
Gabe anonymously sent photos of PAX to the ex marketing avengers dude.

The marketing dude posted them on his twitter account bragging that he had "gotten into pax" without anyone noticing.

Gabe then pulled the rug and let everyone know that he generated the photos himself and that the marketing dude was lying about being there.

Gabe anonymously sent photos of PAX to the ex marketing avengers dude.

The marketing dude posted them on his twitter account bragging that he had "gotten into pax" without anyone noticing.

Gabe then pulled the rug and let everyone know that he generated the photos himself and that the marketing dude was lying about being there.

He had put up the photos on a new Twitter account before Ocean Marketting guy tweeted them saying he had got in. So the timestamps on the tweets by @PaulYouDummy are older than the ones by the moron.

Hilarity ensued and many abusive tweets were sent back to people making fun of Paul. He still doesn't get it.

I usually don't like this kind of thing but the guy has continuously been a cunt and hasn't admitted that his behaviour isn't tolerable for our society. Until he apologises and grows and starts treating people with dignity and respect I will continue to be amused by people making childish return serves to him. Especially since he threatened Mike.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Storm of Swords

Martin must hate weddings

Yagharek

I'm guessing I shall have to finish ADWD before you guys keep dropping more casual spoilers. At least I've read AFFC so I know whats going on.

If you pricks make me delay reading The Scar for too long there will be consequences!

edit: hawks v cats looks like a good match today.

Deeku

Went out hoping to buy a new tie for graduation. Came back with a tie, shirts and a suit:eek:

That late 30s kinda hot lady sales person sure was convincing!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My folks want a new computer, ideally a laptop. A know my hardware, but I'm not laptop savvy. We'll probably go to Office Works or whatever.

Any suggestions?

HolyCheck bought a laptop not too long ago, pretty sure Fred is savvy with them. Cookie too. Jump into AusGAF Steam chat and I'm sure they will sort you out. No idea myself, PC man.

Went out hoping to buy a new tie for graduation. Came back with a tie, shirts and a suit:eek:
Ugh, I really need to go and find the lot for our wedding party. Just can't be arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsed :(

I'm guessing I shall have to finish ADWD before you guys keep dropping more casual spoilers. At least I've read AFFC so I know whats going on.
Just as long as you know I haven't read a word of the book or seen a second of the TV show. Googled a few of the ladies that have been mentioned but that is the extent of my knowledge on Gaming Thrones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom