• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

I'm halfway through season 2 of Community and around the 2nd half of season 1 onwards is when it started getting pretty awesome I think. Before that I thought it was a rather mediocre show. I just watched the zombie episode and the lost pen episode, and now I think it's one of the funniest comedies on tv.

Bernbaum

What happens when you remove someone from your facebook friends list?

I need to shave off some of the riff-raff, but don't want to upset anyone.

Omikron

Is it a bug, they just didn't plan for that eventuality, or is it possible that the game is sophisticated enough that the kid's wife is banging a nobleman on the side?

/edit read it wrong. I'm not sure what you be sayin'.

Pretty sure its not a bug and just a result of my leader having complimentary traits (+ fertility) and marrying young wives. He keeps bumping them off when they reach their late 30s.

Oh and he had a few lovers, so that resulted in a bunch of bastards.

Hey, he was lustful, who wouldn't role play that.

Clipper

Just filled out my info for the Double Fine Kickstarter credits and stuff... Yay! Did everyone else that backed within the bands where they send you stuff just receive the mail?

Omikron

Just filled out my info for the Double Fine Kickstarter credits and stuff... Yay! Did everyone else that backed within the bands where they send you stuff just receive the mail?

Yeah filling it out now. I am putting my username in as well as real name (my real name is like, ridiculous common, going to guess at least 2 other people have the same name).

They don't get notified of it if that's what you're asking. Generally people will notice by themselves when their friend list is one less and they'll hunt for the culprit.

Clipper

I didn't get an email. Do you have to register for the forums to get it?

Did you order early on in the campaign or later? There's a lot of e-mails to be sent out and that might take a few hours to get through the backers list. I was one of the earlier backers and I think Omi was too.

Also, make sure you check your spam folder.

Omikron

I'm yet to have a detailed look at it.

What I'm failing to see in either thread is the acknowledgement that it's ok to have different opinions.

There wouldn't be internet forums if that was the case.

I think the main thing there is that most people will pick a single platform to be their main one, pc, ps3, xbox whatever and they will defend their decision to the hilt. Personally I don't give a shit what you play on, but being ignorant as to why certain platforms are better over others is ridiculous.

And arguing AGAINST options in games to tweak something to your preference? Insane.

Bernbaum

They don't get notified of it if that's what you're asking. Generally people will notice by themselves when their friend list is one less and they'll hunt for the culprit.

That's what I thought. Nothing wrong with the guy, he's just a loose colleague, and posts way too much about stuff that I just flatout ignore.

-

Playing a lot of Mario Kart 7, which has been a real hoot.

Up to mirror mode and am three-starring everything and it's a worthy Mario Kart and FUCK BLUE SHELLS JESUS SHIT ORANG-UTAN FUCK STOP SHAFTING ME AT THE FINISH LINE YOU CUNT-RASH.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
So I just finished Storm of Swords.

My jaw was on the fucking floor for, oh, I don't know, the last third of the book. It just kept one-upping itself. That was insane. What a book. Fuck me.

Fredescu

That's what I thought. Nothing wrong with the guy, he's just a loose colleague, and posts way too much about stuff that I just flatout ignore.
You can remove people from appearing in your feed without removing them from your friend list. If you click on the arrow thing near one of their posts it will give you the option.

Fredescu

but being ignorant as to why certain platforms are better over others is ridiculous.
Yeah, a lot of PC guys are completely ignorant as to the "put the disk in and play" advantage of consoles. "But Steam is just as easy!" shut up, no it isn't. I have to assume the only people saying that stuff are the born again evangelicals who are like "I've been playing PC games for six months without a single problem!" Oh, you will.

Bernbaum

You can remove people from appearing in your feed without removing them from your friend list. If you click on the arrow thing near your post it will give you the option.

Perfect.

-

Also playing my first FPS on PSP - about a quarter into Resistance: Retribution, a consistently yawntacular franchise. It's fun. It manages about as well as any game can with the PSP's lacking control scheme and remains challenging despite the exceptionally generous auto-aim. The title is testament to how ridiculously short-sighted the PSP's single analog control scheme was.

-

I will be playing a lot of 3DS over the next 12 months. I feel the system is on the cusp of becoming the only gaming device I'll need to satisfy all my gaming demands.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

My jaw was on the fucking floor for, oh, I don't know, the last third of the book. It just kept one-upping itself. That was insane. What a book. Fuck me.

We did say to stick with it.

:D

I guess I will use my real name in the credits. Oh so tempted to put down evlcookie though.

Omikron

Yeah, a lot of PC guys are completely ignorant as to the "put the disk in and play" advantage of consoles. "But Steam is just as easy!" shut up, no it isn't. I have to assume the only people saying that stuff are the born again evangelicals who are like "I've been playing PC games for six months without a single problem!" Oh, you will.

Haha probably, but Steam is a heck of a lot easier to how it used to be, hence the love I suppose.

And I will be honest. I have had very, very limited problems in the last x many years with PC gaming in general, even pre-Steam I suppose, but I do come from a very PC heavy background.

There was a game recently that just refused to start up, trying to remember what it was. Fairly sure it was because of some weirdo configuration problem with my machine.

Fredescu

but I do come from a very PC heavy background.
Me too, and I don't mind troubleshooting problems, but not understanding that someone who likes consoles might find that annoying is a key point of ignorance among PC gamers. I'm not even talking about games not starting up. How many games actually start in your native resolution on PC? Maybe about half? Then they probably default to the lowest setting, and some Nintendo kid who is used to just putting the disk in suddenly has to figure out what Vsync is and what Anisotropic filtering does, and 90% of the games don't tell him and just assume he knows.

It's very easy to forget that you have built up decades worth of knowledge that make the PC "easy".

Yagharek

There wouldn't be internet forums if that was the case.

I think the main thing there is that most people will pick a single platform to be their main one, pc, ps3, xbox whatever and they will defend their decision to the hilt. Personally I don't give a shit what you play on, but being ignorant as to why certain platforms are better over others is ridiculous.

And arguing AGAINST options in games to tweak something to your preference? Insane.

I guess my issue is how people can appear so shocked that someone else would have a different preference to them, and they assign that to be the result of fanboyism (as you outlined reasons for above). When it's not necessarily a case of that.

I think a lot of that is going on in those linked threads, mixed in with genuine irrationality.

Now read Perdido Street Station.

Haha probably, but Steam is a heck of a lot easier to how it used to be, hence the love I suppose.

And I will be honest. I have had very, very limited problems in the last x many years with PC gaming in general, even pre-Steam I suppose, but I do come from a very PC heavy background.

There was a game recently that just refused to start up, trying to remember what it was. Fairly sure it was because of some weirdo configuration problem with my machine.

I haven't had a PC that hasn't made me rip my hair out since 1999. And that was an Amiga 500.

Omikron

Me too, and I don't mind troubleshooting problems, but not understanding that someone who likes consoles might find that annoying is a key point of ignorance among PC gamers. I'm not even talking about games not starting up. How many games actually start in their native resolution on PC? Maybe about half? Then they probably default to the lowest setting, and some Nintendo kid who is used to just putting the disk in suddenly has to figure out what Vsync is and what Anisotropic filtering does, and 90% of the games don't tell him and just assume he knows.

It's very easy to forget that you have built up decades worth of knowledge that make the PC "easy".

I reckon even 50% is an overstatement on the native res thing.

If is certainly an issue where you have all those weird options that are largely not set correctly or appropriately for the persons machine in question, but that is down to poor development. As is the lack of explanation.

All that said and done, solutions are needed, do the devs put an automatic set of options in? Have a launcher that recommends settings on first launch then hides away? I'd settle for both of these in combination, not many games get it right though.

I haven't had a PC that hasn't made me rip my hair out since 1999. And that was an Amiga 500.

The LAN gaming scene in the late 90s early 00s was glorious. <3

Omikron

There's no solution. It's an open platform. Things can and will be done differently by different people. That's both the strength and the weakness of the platform.

I like to believe that there can be a middle ground reached where at least providing something useful is available.

Yagharek

The LAN gaming scene in the late 90s early 00s was glorious. <3

I've no doubt it was. My only experience with it was Quake up above timezone at hobart village cinemas, and doom at uni between a linux/pc/unix trio.

Other than that, Goldeneye was my go to for multi, and later on halo lans.

Welp, I just ordered that Noir box set reptile posted about. I'm actually a bit excited about it, TBH.

Shame it's not in HD though.
It is a great collection, worth it for Double Indemnity alone.

The big reveal in season one of Dexter was good.
Yeah that was fantastic. I think the second season was strong too but they lost me after that.

Shitstorm. When my last girlfriend dumped me to be just friends I purposely did not see her for about a month. No reaction. Then I removed her from my Facebook. Cue dozens of angry text messages.

Facebook is serious business mang. That South Park episode is pretty accurate.

Yep, my son is now credited with a video game before the age of 2. Already doing better than his old man did! Will have him down for the Idle Thumbs hall of fame too.

Kind of related but as a birth present my best mate signed us up for MCC membership too, wish my Dad gone on board early too. At least my little guy will be chuffed when he hits 18 and can get full strength beer at the damn footy.

looks like someone loosed a hornets nest in PC Gaf overnight.

Like many before me, I don't want more options. I want games to run as best as they can and not make *me* decide how to accomplish just that. I really hope next gen brings better performance to us console gamer peasants.
laughaj2htjbb21skrqs.gif

Why not have a standard while also having access to the sliders and changes that the developers have already used? The settings are already IN the game, all they need to do is allow you an option in a menu to rejigger them. Even with Crysis 2 on PC within a day a modder had a utility up and running to change tons of different things to your taste since Crytek had most of it locked down.

You can pull off some damn impressive things on closed platforms, Uncharted 2 blew my mind when I first played it. When a game has a technical issue though wouldn't it be nice to have the option to change something to suit how you will enjoy it? Downgrade viewing distance in SotC during certain areas to improve the frame rate if you find it intolerable?

Also playing my first FPS on PSP - about a quarter into Resistance: Retribution, a consistently yawntacular franchise. It's fun. It manages about as well as any game can with the PSP's lacking control scheme and remains challenging despite the exceptionally generous auto-aim. The title is testament to how ridiculously short-sighted the PSP's single analog control scheme was.
The Vita looks like it would be amazeballs for FPS. Also Sony Bend are masters. Make sure to grab the Syphon Filter games too.

Rezbit

Lol rep, was just wondering if I'd get banned for going into those threads and posting any assortment of laughing.gifs.

Trying to download The Sabateur and Crysis 2 on Amazon and the fucking downloaders slow to a crawl at 66%. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. The downloaders. Not the download of the game. The ~800kb download applications. Ffs.

MEGADRIVE Amazon is pretty shitty downloads, use the keys on Origin and download through that.

Last day of my extended holiday. Projective vomit all over my office. >_<

Also this month on 360 you can get 300 allards just for wasting some time.

You need to do one of these 3 things in EACH category

GAMING RELATED

Play any Kinect game for 2 hours or more during the month of April. Game titles are found here.
OR
Experience multi-player gaming on Xbox LIVE for 10 hours or more during the month of April.
OR
Spend 800 Microsoft Points or more on game-related items in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace during the month of April (qualifying items are Games on Demand, Game Add-Ons, or Arcade game titles).

APP RELATED

Spend 400 Microsoft Points or more on any film or television content in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace during the month of April.
OR
Use any of these entertainment apps for 10 hours or more during the month of April:
BBC iPlayer
blinkbox
Crackle
Last.FM
LOVEFiLM
MUZU.TV
Netflix
Sky
VEVO
Zune

SOCIAL CRAP
Use Facebook through your Xbox LIVE account for 1 hour or more during the month of April.
OR
Watch YouTube through your Xbox LIVE account for 1 hour or more during the month of April.
OR
Connect over Video Kinect for 1 hour or more during the month of April.

Also is this EB tax?
sdfyiqyz.png

aa2dd9a.png

Apparently the dickwad CEO of OMGPOP re-hired a bunch of people he'd had to let go just before the Zynga buyout, so they'd all get paid.

Reptile, I posted in the original thread that the 300 points thing was stupid. I'd personally have to spend I think it was 21 hours to get those points. It ended up being about $0.0013 an hour or something ridiculous. Probably costs more in electricity...

What's the best way to avoid going to a meet and greet? Pretend like you didn't get the text message? I think this is what I'm going to have to go with. I might just say in sick and didn't feel up for it. Because I am and I'm not.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
What's the best way to avoid going to a meet and greet? Pretend like you didn't get the text message? I think this is what I'm going to have to go with. I might just say in sick and didn't feel up for it. Because I am and I'm not.

Meet and greet with whom?

jambo

Stick it in her pooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom