• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

SydGAF Board Games update:

Confirmed: Clipper
Probably coming: Danoss, Jintor
Probably not: Doncamatic, Rahk

So yeah, we have plenty more room. Three people worked very well last time as well, so there's no need to postpone just yet (plus, both Donc and Rahk have stated there's still a chance they can join, depending on what happens throughout the week).

If anybody has been mulling over whether to join in or not, let us know as we'd love to have some more players and you don't need past experience.

Jintor

It totally is! I'm hooked all over again.

Are you using the Corsix Mod? Theme Hospital at 1920x1080 :)

I think there's a whole host of UI improvements possible (I'm having real trouble managing my doctors properly, getting instant access to see which of my diagnosis rooms are building queues, etc) but for a game from the latter half of the 90s it's just so damn solid.

Other things I think might need improvements: Modular room sizes instead of squares, multi-story hospitals, placement of items (it's completely inconsistent at the moment)... who owns the Theme Hospital IP atm?

I never played Shadowrun on anything before, but always heard good things about the MD/SNES versions (I think Beam did the SNES one?) so I'm tempted. But... shit, I need to stop buying stuff.
Played the Megadrive one only for a few minutes but played the SNES one all the way through. Must have rented it so many times I bough it twice over. Yeah, it was Beam/Melbourne House...

Nearly passed on it myself (two hours left!), but I got so much fun from the SNES game (not to mention all the Shadowrun merch I used to own, tons of the books too) I figured they deserved a chance.

I figured they deserved a chance.
Sounds like someone tried to find any reason they could to give themselves a reason to back it :) It's not like the almost $2million dollars they've already raised wasn't giving them a chance to make the game already.

Bravo, it's the sort of reasoning I've used to buy stuff in the past. :)

And Will Genia has left the Reds.

Screw the elections this is the biggest news of the weekend. Reds are rooted. Lucas is ok, but Genia is the best halfback in the world. I don't think Cooper will be able to be as ridiculous without his stability there.

Every journalist would blow their load if an early election comes, it would be like Woodstock for them.

I will lose my fucking mind if I have to cover another fucking election so soon. I've already had to cover two in the past four months and I'm done with it.

Sounds like someone tried to find any reason they could to give themselves a reason to back it :) It's not like the almost $2million dollars they've already raised wasn't giving them a chance to make the game already.

Bravo, it's the sort of reasoning I've used to buy stuff in the past. :)
Oh yeah, they didn't need my money in any way at all, probably would've been better spent on something like The Dead Linger (which also doesn't need my money) or Nuka Break season 2 (which still does).

Ok so that ME3 ending. I didnt hate it. I didn't love it, but i didnt hate it.

Bioware needs to grow a pair and stand behind their work.

Dota tournament officially starts monday night!

Will you be heading back to Perth or end up on our fair eastern coast? Make sure you bring some whiskey with you on the way over and you will quickly make friends over here. Also;
Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
Thoughts on politicians taking long taxi rides?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Warhammer 40k Space Marine a horrible Gears of War knockoff?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Have you picked up a copy of the highly acclaimed 3rd album by Enter Shikari called A Flash Flood Of Colour yet? Only $20 at your local JB HiFi or available with FREE postage online!
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties?
Any glass eyeballs?

How come I never got asked these questions :(

How amazing would it be if you were the only one there? I say very amazing lol.

lol, I'm not sure that's the word I'd use. Poor sal :(

Hi Aus Gaf

Thought I would introduce myself since I will be moving there permenantly this autumn.
Ive been an aussie citizen since I was 10. Moved to Perth from ireland when I was 7.
In ireland now finishing my degree.
all i can say is fuck this game cannot wait to be free of this place. All i ever wanted to do with my life was hit up the beach everyday and have friends around.

I feel pity for Ireland as a nation as they do not know the joy of having a tim tam after a pack of twisties whilst casually dropping a C bomb infront of their own parents.

Peace
say hi - I need frendzzzz

Hey :D You moving back to Perth?

midonnay

*glances at the swans hawk scoreline*

woah.....wtf happened to the hawks..... looked like they were going to thrash them at halftime.

ps: master class of centre bounce rucking by naitanui atm :O

contributed to 3 goals and another inside 50 ...in a row

Yagharek

Now I'm stuck in oot. Can't get anywhere in the spirit temple as old link. Can't get to it as young link. I'm missing something obvious and silver, apparently.

midonnay

at the moment because ISP's have their own equipment at many telephone exchanges, they don't have to pay a bandwidth charge to Telstra for ADSL2 type connections.

but with the NBN, they'll have to do so to NBNco

ie: faster speeds but downloading is more expensive too.

at the moment because ISP's have their own equipment at many telephone exchanges, they don't have to pay a bandwidth charge to Telstra for ADSL2 type connections.

but with the NBN, they'll have to do so to NBNco

ie: faster speeds but downloading is more expensive too.

Don't ISP's already pay a fee to Telstra for ADSL lines?

DOTA2.jpg

Monday night!

7pm

Velociraptors vs. Triceratops
Stegosaurus vs. T-Rex.

Velociraptors

Marshymallow the reluctant carry.
Jintor, who knows Dark secrets in his Soul(s).
Shan Shan, whose boyfriend?!!?!?!?!
Fogz, who leapt through time.

Triceratops

Rahk, he is phone
Ridonk, PINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPING
Wonzo the scholar.
HolyCheck the Earthshaking Leather Gracket.

Stegosaurus

legend166, unmuted.
Aonshix Karst the Third, Prophet of the Dead.
Kritz
Hamchan, the silent killer

T-Rex

Evl Cookie
Frawdder
Rezbit, #1 fan of Channel 10s Offspring
Doncamatic - didnt sign up but doesnt get a choice

If you want a better team name you can discuss it in mumble during the game.[/QUOTE]

Clipper

Now I'm stuck in oot. Can't get anywhere in the spirit temple as old link. Can't get to it as young link. I'm missing something obvious and silver, apparently.

Don't you get the song to warp to the Spirit Temple after leaving it for the first time? That's your way to get back there as a kid.

Yagharek

Don't you get the song to warp to the Spirit Temple after leaving it for the first time? That's your way to get back there as a kid.

I thought so, apparently I had to fill the oasis. Or I might have warped to the temple of time and skipped the song.

I just went through it and have now got the shadow temple and old link spirit temple to go.

And I've nearly got all skulltulas. Think I'm on 52, and I know where 4 more I've missed are.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yea I will probably be late for the 7PM start. I probably won't get home until then + dinner + shower etc.

Hopefully the team i'm in + others can play a little later on.

Kritz

Banned
Me and Aon on the same team reeks of disaster, which is good, because I'm kind of bored of Dota already. Well, it's more that I am now entering assignment marathons at uni and would rather all my stress be pointed towards that, instead of a game I am really bad at.

So that's a thing!

Clipper

I thought so, apparently I had to fill the oasis. Or I might have warped to the temple of time and skipped the song.

I just went through it and have now got the shadow temple and old link spirit temple to go.

And I've nearly got all skulltulas. Think I'm on 52, and I know where 4 more I've missed are.
Shadow Temple comes before Spirit if you follow Navi's prodding, so I'm not sure if Sheik would show up if you don't have the Shadow song yet, but yeah, I think you might need to run down the steps to see Sheik and may have missed triggering the scene if you went straight back to the ToT upon leaving the Temple. Actually kind of surprising you made it to the Spirit Temple without the
Hover Boots
, actually.

And there's
Gold Skulltulas...

midonnay

Don't ISP's already pay a fee to Telstra for ADSL lines?

they pay to piggyback over the copper telephone lines....

but if they're forced to get a port through Telstra's equipment then they have to pay a bandwidth cost too. This is usually at blackspots and outside metropolitan areas atm.

Thats why download limits and access plans differ depending where you live.

Salazar

Like most judgmental fashion 'experts'.

lol nah. "Expert" is way too strong.

That NFL thread, lol. We're on the border of some truly unsettlingly juvenile "Our country has the strongest, tallest, fastest, prettiest humans" shit at various points.

Yagharek

Shadow Temple comes before Spirit if you follow Navi's prodding, so I'm not sure if Sheik would show up if you don't have the Shadow song yet, but yeah, I think you might need to run down the steps to see Sheik and may have missed triggering the scene if you went straight back to the ToT upon leaving the Temple. Actually kind of surprising you made it to the Spirit Temple without the
Hover Boots
, actually.

And there's
Gold Skulltulas...

Strange. I went to do the storm song/lens of truth segments, then went off to do the desert trek. Turned out I only needed the lens to track down a pathfinder to the desert colossus, which I've now finished as child link.

I only found out about the shadow temple when I went back to the village graveyard looking for spiders.

I still get the impression I'm missing a lot of things. The game has oodles of detail in it.

I like this Omi fella, he talk truth.

That NFL thread, lol. We're on the border of some truly unsettlingly juvenile "Our country has the strongest, tallest, fastest, prettiest humans" shit at various points.
Isn't that the kind of thread you or Shan got banned for posting in? Leave the patriots to their strutting.

lol nah. "Expert" is way too strong.

I gave up when I realised people were more interested in shitting on rugby players (lol @gridiron players are twice the size of rugby players comments). The whole premise was silly anyway, but the amount of people who responded with "of course" variations kind of astounds me.

EDIT: Oh wait, different NFL thread?

Salazar

Isn't that the kind of thread you or Shan got banned for posting in? Leave the patriots to their strutting.

I got banned for suggesting that a football program being the centrepiece (or even getting close to that point) of a university was a dumb and culturally dangerous state of affairs, as well as being shamefully indifferent to gender equity.

Rather, I got banned because of the tantrum college ball-gaffers threw in response.

Yar, Shan, that thread.

lol George

In honour of sexy man Omikronperseiate I have got the itch to shoot up some Italian mobsters in Max Payne 2 so that shall be my night planned out. Will be trying to get Livestream going as an experiment too.

On a similar, and more entertaining note, the fiancée went to a scrapbooking conference (or something of the ilk) today so it was a boys day at home. As such once he went to bed I needed to pick up a bottle of the cheapest scotch in town and mix it with the cheapest cola in town. As such I am already pretty drunk. Yay!

Almost at the terrible 2 mark I think, power struggles are going on daily in the back of his mind, thinking of what the pros and cons of a situation are and why he should listen to us. Once it had reached 2pm he had done his dash and realised I wouldn't flop like Superman on laundry day at the battering of his eyelashes so he weld up those eyes and crumpled on the floor pleading to the heavens for mommy to come home. Years later in therapy I hope he comes to the conclusion that it was a defining moment in his life, where he realised he could not coast through life on his good looks alone any more. Also he tried to shoo me from the bathroom while he was having a shower, even after almost slipping on the showerbase arse up. He just knows I am the one turning off the water supply, not that it functions like the crocodiles shower in Where's My Water?

Billy Slater would carve up the NFL.
He is with the Storm so best not utter his name in public
Although maybe it has been long enough to say they are playing fantastic rugby this year (please don't kill me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom