• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Hay guise. That track I lost my shit over when I heard it a few months back has finally been released. You should all buy it.

It raises the question though... why aren't iTunes songs at parity with the US like app store items? Ridiculous that we're still charged $1.69 when the US gets songs for 99c and our dollar is worth more than theirs.

And they'll keep doing it until that one day it happens to them and ruins their whole day in an instant.
Well, in my case (and hopefully everyone else) it's not because someone's ill, it's because there aren't sufficient provisions to allow the train network to progress just because someone has had health issues. Surely it couldn't be that hard to get all the drivers some kind of first aid training? At least to the point of being able to analyse a situation and determine whether the ill passenger can be moved or not.

It sure feels like ours is the only transport system that has so many single points of complete failure (though I doubt that's the case, obviously).

jambo

...or from the other side of things.

(12:30:24 PM) jambo|work left the room (quit: *.net *.split).
(12:31:55 PM) megadrive: lol netsplit and jambo is the only one who got split
(12:35:24 PM) jambo|work [~@jambo.user.gamesurge] entered the room.

You guys net split first, 12 seconds before I did =P

Well, in my case (and hopefully everyone else) it's not because someone's ill, it's because there aren't sufficient provisions to allow the train network to progress just because someone has had health issues.
I'd say a better solution would be to have a trained paramedic on each train - perhaps some of the funds going to the 'safety officers' could go towards that.

Even so, people don't seem to be particularly tolerant of others experiencing personal issues/bad days/etc.

Stackboy

Hey Ausgaf I'm back from America.

Had a crazy good time. Met a spaceship, went to PAX East and met Ken Levine, Jeff Green and Jeff Gerstmann. Played Borderlands 2 and lots of cool indie games and met some great friendly video game fans. Saw DC, Boston, NYC, San Francisco. Alcatraz was amazing.

Hassle me if you want any photos. What have I missed the last 5 weeks?

Had a crazy good time. Met a spaceship, went to PAX East and met Ken Levine, Jeff Green and Jeff Gerstmann. Played Borderlands 2 and lots of cool indie games and met some great friendly video game fans. Saw DC, Boston, NYC, San Francisco. Alcatraz was amazing.

The things I want photos of are in bold.

How did you get tickets to alcatraz? When I went, we didn't know there was a multiple week waiting list so we didn't go :( Next time I'll go!

Really great photos. Added as a contact and will look through later.

EDIT:
I know the dog slapping gif is popular in here, so:
dogoxppu.jpg

What site is this?

r1chard

How did you get tickets to alcatraz? When I went, we didn't know there was a multiple week waiting list so we didn't go :( Next time I'll go!

We missed out too ("oh, the next tickets are four days after we leave") but then heard that it's not very interesting for kids so didn't really think much of it after that. That was also at the start of our trip (we also just got back) and the other 4 weeks were amazing so we're really not put out :)

Stackboy those are some nice photos man.

Ferga

How does an ill passenger at a specific station delay all trains into the city by 20 mins?

gg Cityrail.

Wasn't that lewisham incident a few weeks ago caused by 1 ill passenger as well. That guy screwed up the entire train network for a few hours.

Stackboy

I got tickets as apart of the tour package I purchased when I got there. I can't get on Facebook at work so when I get home tonight I will post some pictures. Didn't see much of Boston as I was at PAX. But I have photos of everything else.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Those are totally not stacks pictures, they be cods.

I'm guessing the first two dota teams can play tonight with the other two tomorrow.

For the new guys. Steam chat is needed so be on that along with having mumble installed if you want to hear your dota 2 dinosaur captain tell you what to do.

Danoss

Also, I've just switched DNS managers, so if anyone has trouble getting on mumble, please let me know and I'll get right on it.

probably old news but on a random check of the "my channels" tab on PS3 i discovered SBS On Demand has been added. And with that I can happily never watch free-to-air again.

Danoss

Should have beta access soon after the Kickstarter drive has come to a close, which is in just over 20 hours. They've said the beta invites should go out between the start and the middle of May.

I've still got plenty of reading to do in preparation, so if they launch in the next couple of days, I won't be ready to run the game right away. I'm confident the scenario I want to run will be enjoyable for everyone and can be completed in one session. It was written for another system, so I'll be looking over the conversion notes and making some adjustments so it goes as smoothly as possible for both GM and Players.

I'll make an announcement as soon as everything is ready to go, then a time and date can be arranged for all interested parties to get together and play.

Rahk

www.nearmap.com

try it.
lol

Pretty sure im not giving u $10 a month to look at maps bro
I used to use that at work until it started costing money. Didn't know you could set up a free account, so I'll do that.
I'm guessing the first two dota teams can play tonight with the other two tomorrow.

For the new guys. Steam chat is needed so be on that along with having mumble installed if you want to hear your dota 2 dinosaur captain tell you what to do.
Clearly you just want to go against team Aon/Kritz first. :(

Ridonk hasn't been able to play until late in the evening recently so not sure if he'll be around. Can someone notify him if he is on Steam chat? Oh wait, I can try Steam mobile app.

I guess I will have to try translating Ridonk's pings for Wonzo? D:

Rahk

Should have beta access soon after the Kickstarter drive has come to a close, which is in just over 20 hours. They've said the beta invites should go out between the start and the middle of May.

I've still got plenty of reading to do in preparation, so if they launch in the next couple of days, I won't be ready to run the game right away. I'm confident the scenario I want to run will be enjoyable for everyone and can be completed in one session. It was written for another system, so I'll be looking over the conversion notes and making some adjustments so it goes as smoothly as possible for both GM and Players.

I'll make an announcement as soon as everything is ready to go, then a time and date can be arranged for all interested parties to get together and play.
How much did you pledge? I could probably chip in some money if we/I decide to stick with it.

Danoss

How much did you pledge? I could probably chip in some money if we/I decide to stick with it.

$25

I thought that was a small price to pay to gain us early access to the service. I read that it won't be available to everyone else for a few months. Considering how buggy and problematic all the other options are, I think it was a good choice.

Rahk

$25

I thought that was a small price to pay to gain us early access to the service. I read that it won't be available to everyone else for a few months. Considering how buggy and problematic all the other options are, I think it was a good choice.
Cool, I'll chip in $5-10 depending if anyone else wants to as well.

Rahk

DOTA2.jpg

Monday night!

7pm

Velociraptors vs. Triceratops
Stegosaurus vs. T-Rex.

Velociraptors

Marshymallow the reluctant carry.
Jintor, who knows Dark secrets in his Soul(s).
Shan Shan, whose boyfriend?!!?!?!?!
Fogz, who leapt through time.

Triceratops

Rahk, he is phone
Ridonk, PINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPING
Wonzo the scholar.
HolyCheck the Earthshaking Leather Gracket.

Stegosaurus

legend166, unmuted.
Aonshix Karst the Third, Prophet of the Dead.
Kritz
Hamchan, the silent killer

T-Rex

Evl Cookie
Frawdder
Rezbit, #1 fan of Channel 10s Offspring
Doncamatic - didnt sign up but doesnt get a choice

If you want a better team name you can discuss it in mumble during the game.
Wonzo and HolyCheck, are you available tonight for this? 8PM?

Ridonk can play.

What site is this?

I sadly do not know :(

discussing on iirc. but i'd better post here

Shan i can make tonight but it would have to be 8pm. maybe if the other guys play 1st and you spectate then we can play at 8pm?

Oh also has a decision been made on game modes etc.?

Seems like a lot of people can't make it till 8, so that's fine.

Game modes as in... random/whatever? I think it might just be easier to let everyone pick who they want.

Clipper

Me and my struggling bank account wouldn't decline such an offer, it is very much appreciated.

No probs. I only just learned about the Kickstarter from your post just now. I actually did just go and pledge myself as well as the videos made me think it really was worth the investment. Still happy to pay you back for some of yours, too, of course (was factoring this into my decision already).

Danoss

No probs. I only just learned about the Kickstarter from your post just now. I actually did just go and pledge myself as well as the videos made me think it really was worth the investment. Still happy to pay you back for some of yours, too, of course (was factoring this into my decision already).

Nice one man! The amount of effort they're putting in deserves investment, and more accounts are a good thing (especially when it comes to surveys and the like).

If I had the cash to burn, I'd go for the Mentor account, but it's not absolutely necessary. The extra space isn't really needed, but getting features before everyone else would be nice, but again, not critical.

Clipper

Banana said he'd chip in too. Looks like it'll be about $6.25 each at the moment. Hopefully one more person can chip in to make it $5 each; so much easier.

Clipper

i backed the larry remake :|
I was considering it, but I couldn't gather enough enthusiasm to back beyond the basic game level. So I'll probably buy the finished game once they start selling it instead. Things I am now backing are:

• Double Fine Adventure
  • Ogre Designer's Edition
  • Roll20

And I am definitely going to be backing the Tex Murphy Kickstarter when it starts on May 15th. The series is definitely my favourite adventure series of all time and it is right up there with Mario and Zelda as my potential favourite series of all (I can never choose between them).

Oh, and I'm also subscribed to the Two Guys from Andromeda site and will likely back something if they end up deciding to join the band wagon.

It truly is a very good time to be an adventure game fan...

Danoss

Thanks for your generosity guys, I really appreciate it.

I think 4 people have said they're happy to chip in on the Kickstarter pledge (Rahk, Clipper, BananaArnie and Kritz). If that's correct, then $5 from everyone is more than generous. I don't want it to be so I haven't chipped in anything or make a profit from it, I'd feel bad if either were the case.

I'll PM my PayPal to the parties above, but please don't feel obligated to chip in.

Choc

Banned
Use totally silent iPad in Quiet Carriage.

Get death-stared.

Australians are the most inconsiderate pricks sometimes. Wtf is wrong with what you are doing.

you want to be left alone with no people doing shit, fucking drive or get the fuck off public transport.

its called public for a reason.

Rezbit

Use totally silent iPad in Quiet Carriage.

Get death-stared.

They can hear your greasy fingers, slapping and screeching across the cold glass. Each sliding finger is like a million nails being raked over the demon-lord of chalk boards. You arsehole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom